“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here on business for 4 nights and felt right at home. The staff was so friendly-- each day I had a new note from the housekeeping staff. I ordered room service almost every night and each time I was greeted by the most warm and accommodating staff. The food was amazing-- one night I had their famous burger and it was incredibly delicious! I was only going to eat half but I ended up eating the whole thing, then some warm chocolate bread pudding. Oh my! Breakfast was always delivered on time and with a smile. The room, lobby and gym were super clean, fresh and airy. The next time I'm in Freddy, this is the only place I'll stay :)

Room Tip: I was by the elevator but never heard a thing. The last night I was there, I think my hallway was ho...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Casey D - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. It was a pleasure reading your review and we're happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us at our Urban Resort. Thank you also for your feedback on our personalized service, as well as our culinary delights; we will be sure to share your compliments with our Culinary Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Eastern Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I wanted to write and say what a delight it was to stay at the Delta Fredericton. I do travel a lot and I am quite picky on giving a high rating on a hotel. Once in awhile, I upgrade to a suite and this is one of those times.

It was very nice to have the extra room and the Jacuzzi bath, but I was surprised at so many of the “bonuses” here are included in the standard rooms as well. For example, they have a Smart desk that includes ample power for the computer AND all the cables you will need to connect your computer to the large flat screen TV.
I mentioned that I travel a lot so I like to bring my own TV shows and movies with me for when the work is done. I travel with a HDMI cable for this but this is the first room I stayed in that had this cable already there for me. (Please see the pictures)

The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed and super pillows. One thing I always like is great support staff. It can really make a difference to the traveler. In this case, my excellently cooked Eggs Benedict was delivered by a smiling pleasant staff member by the name of Robbyn McGrath. If all the staff are not this good, I would recommend that they advance her to train others.

The location of this hotel is just outside of the downtown core which is accessible by a two minute cab ride and yet offers you a location directly on the river. Wonderful views and from past trips, I remember it is very pleasant along the river in the summer time. Still offered excellent views, even for us Canadians that are tired of winter ;-)

I do recommend this hotel highly and if you can treat yourself to an upgrade.

I hope you found this review helpful in your choice of hotels in Fredericton New Brunswick.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if available. Really worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SteveEasternCanada
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear SteveEasternCanada - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, as well as the traveling community on-line. We aim to offer the highest in product and service quality and we're pleased to read that we did just that for you with our recent hotel renovations, location and hotel amenities. Thank you also for the great feedback on Robyn; we will be sure to celebrate her for her wonderful guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in late March and could not have been more pleased. The renovations have given this hotel a new life! The common areas are sleek and modern. The rooms are spacious, well thought out and comfortable. Best of all, our room was meticulously clean. I am very fussy in this regard, so that is saying something!
We ate at "Catch" twice and were very satisfied. Raspberry cheesecake was delicious and fresh.
After checking out, we realized that we had left an item behind in our room. I called and was transferred to Housekeeping. I left our name, number, and a description of the lost item. My call was returned within the hour. The next day, I stopped by the hotel and someone from housekeeping came to meet me in the lobby. My item was hand delivered to me secured in a bag and labelled with my name. Very impressed!
We would definitely stay here again.....great hotel!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Freddy M - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We love reading our guests' reviews, especially when they are as good as yours. We were happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, including our recent renovations and culinary delights. Thank you also for your feedback on our Housekeeping department; we will be sure to commend them for their great guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is very nice and appeals to the eye. Rooms are spacious modern and very clean. Nice pool and lots of parking when we were there. I think that this place is very nice but I have seen a lot of comparable hotels for less money, around Atlantic Canada. That being said I am sure about the other hotels in Fredericton they may be pricey as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear troy p - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We're happy to see that you enjoyed our recent hotel renovations, as well as our hotel facilities and amenities. Thank you also for your feedback on our pricing; we appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Miramichi, New Brunswick
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed in Room 644 and found the check in and check out great. Restaurant is a bit pricey but is available if you have no other place to go. Room are spaciest and clean. Elevator is super fast.We had breakfast delivered to our conference room in the morning and found the breakfast provided to be lacking. We did ask for more stuff and were given it, but the guy that brought it felt compelled to tell us that the kitchen felt that the lack of variety provided was adequate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Mike C - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. Thank you also for the feedback on your dining experiences while in both the restaurant and conference room; we appreciate it and have taken note of it. We are happy to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed 2 nights on business ... I got to say I was REALLY impress with the Quality of services I received as soon as I got there from the Reception! Kim was amazing and professional, getting my demands done and quick too (I book not only 10 hotel room for a group but also booked a Meeting room)! The Rooms were nice, spacious, clean ... Even the Cleaning lady was so sweet asking me if I needed anything each time I saw her in the hallway! We also had a GREAT services at the Bar having dinner and the food was delicious!!! Every morning the services was excellent also and the Buffet breakfast was delicious!

I would recommend going to the Delta for sure!
They are professional and very welcoming!
Thanks spéciallement to Kim, for the French services and for being so Efficient!!! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Meggie T
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Meggie T - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We love reading such wonderful reviews by our guests, and we're so happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, including our guest rooms, amenities and friendly staff. Thank you also for the great feedback on Kim; we will be sure to celebrate her for her amazing guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for weekend, even though hotel was full of sports teams , it was very quiet. Don't really care too much for new modern look , or fact that plug ins at bedside do not work. Found this out when plugged in cell phone and it died, so I pulled out bedside table and saw hole in wall with wires hanging and drywall dust on carpet. Otherwise very comfortable bed, great check- in service

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Anita S - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We're glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we thank you for the feedback on the inconveniences you experienced in your guest room. We have notified the required persons and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that the issue has been corrected. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!