“More than what you'd bargained for...”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Delta Fredericton on business...I didn't expect much, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff were warm and accomodating after a long flight. And the room! Well appointed and modern, with fantastic beds and linens, and the most wonderful view of the St. John's River. I arrived just in time for a beautiful sunset, and I loved just looking at the water flow. Really, really calming. Didn't need the TV or anything else to get me ready for bed after a very long day of people and commotion. As well, the free WiFi and hard-wired media station is great value for the business traveller who needs to get work done and keep in touch with home.

Super stay. I will absolutely volunteer to come to Fredericton next time a business trip is proposed!

Room Tip: Get a river view room - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear etobianToronto - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We're so happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that our friendly staff, amazing location and comfortable amenities were able to enhance your overall experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice hotel - I had never heard of the Delta brand, but the lobby as well as the rooms were quite pleasant. In fact, I'm thinking that if I had visited during the summer, it would have been more than just nice. Unfortunately, I was scheduled to speak in Fredericton during what the locals called "a freak snow storm in early April." The main problem was that the taxi service in Fredericton was not up to the challenge and I (as well as several other business men and women) found ourselves stuck at the hotel on the morning we were supposed to be elsewhere in the city. To his credit, the manager, Steve, came to the rescue and took each of us where we needed to go. Excellent customer service, and if I find myself coming back to this part of the country in the Summer, I will definitely stay at the Delta.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear RolandofGilliad - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We're happy to hear that despite the unfortunate weather, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. We're also very happy to hear that Steve was able to enhance your experience, and we will be sure to celebrate him for his amazing guest service. Welcome to the Delta Hotels and Resorts brand, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife & I booked into the DF this past weekend to attend a family funeral.
We found the DF exterior to quite attractive set in a fairly quiet location near the St John river. We were greeted warmly & received assistance in unloading our luggage from our car. The lobby of the hotel is very attractive in a contemporary style. The rooms were very good, the beds & pillows were up to our "standard", ie, very comfortable. If I had one complaint, it would be that the sofa in the room was very, very firm but I am being picky here.
The food in the restaurant & lounge was very good, especially the seafood chowder. Service was attentive & friendly.
Would we stay at the DF again? Absolutely!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the river......beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Rich M - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We're so happy that you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us, including our renovations, amenities, culinary delights and friendly guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My last stay had me wondering when the Delta was coming to the US and how much it would affect my Hilton status. The room was excellent and designed for today's traveler. The room and bathroom were clean. The service was excellent from the front desk to the restaurant.

Nitpick point - it can be a bit on the pricey side

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get of view of the river
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear jooksing - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. We're certainly flattered by your review of your recent stay with us, and we're happy that you enjoyed our hotel renovations, amenities and guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future, and we hope you enjoyed our wonderful little city!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My recent visit to Fredericton was altered mid course requiring me to stay longer and split my stay between two hotels. I'm very pleased that I was able to stay at the Delta for the latter part of my stay. The ambiance and look are modern and attractive - the room very comfortable and excellently equipped for a business traveler. Staff were attentive and professional with home town feel in their caring. As a person with mobility issues I was accommodated without ever feeling like I was unusual. Good food, excellent lounge, and I was even given a crossword puzzle after someone noticed me doing one on the terrace.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Art W - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line and we're so happy that you were able to stay with us during your visit to our beautiful city. We're glad to read that you enjoyed our hotel amenities, culinary delights and friendly customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The service at the Delta Fredericton is some of the best I have had anywhere in the world. True Maritime hospitality on display at every turn. Our room attendant actually left us a handwritten note. I was staying with a very large family group, and the restaurant staff was always friendly and relaxed with us; we never got the sense that the large group was annoying to them. At the front desk everyone was so accommodating and friendly. Beautiful location too, right on the river. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire G
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Claire G - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. It was such a pleasure reading your review, and we're happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us including our location, friendly staff, and East Coast Hospitality. We will be sure to share your amazing review with our entire team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I travel to Fredericton on business every now and then and just stayed 4 excellent nights at the Delta Fredericton. The hotel was renovated last year and they did a great job. I've been there a few times and thought after this latest visit I should give them some kudos.

The Staff: The staff are excellent. All of them. Service is efficient, courteous and most importantly, they genuinely seem to care about your satisfaction.

The Rooms: The rooms are large and well designed. They have a great setup for business travelers who need to work from the room. It's basically like having a home office. Large flat screen TV, small sitting area, robe in the closet, single cup coffee maker, a great alarm clock/sound system you can hook your ipod (or other device) up to, and it also plays nature sounds to help you sleep. The bed is particularly comfy. They provide Philosophy products in the bathroom, which are fairly high end (or so my wife tells me).

The Food: There are two restaurants, one more of a pub and the other more upscale. The same kitchen services both so you can order from either menu. The food is very good, in particular the seafood and steaks. This trip I became a huge fan of the fish tacos. Superb. I have never ordered the same thing 3 times in a row but the fish tacos won we over. Add a small order of lobster meat for $3 on the side and it's drool worthy. They also have a small Starbucks outlet if you need a boost in the morning.

The Location: It's very close to the downtown core (10 minute walking distance) and located right on the water. Request a "room with a view" and you'll be looking out on the Saint John River. During the spring/summer/fall the patio is a great place to enjoy a meal or a drink poolside.

Miscellaneous: DOG FRIENDLY! Any dog, any size. So long as the dog isn't a barking nightmare they're fine with it. A single $35 charge for your dog to stay. If the dog destroys something you're on the hook (which is only fair). While I was there I saw a couple of well behaved pooches. You have to sign a pet agreement and in reviewing it (I'm a lawyer) it's entirely reasonable. There is a small indoor pool and a larger outdoor pool. There is a small fitness center with 2 treadmills and a few other cardio machines. You can do the basics on the weights side of things but it's very limited and frankly not that great. There is a trail outside the hotel that follows the river which is great for a run or a bike. They have bikes available for rent at a small surcharge on a seasonal basis.

In Summary: I have traveled extensively over the years and stayed at many hotels and I think the Delta Fredericton is one of the best. I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river. You'll see the river and not the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank G_Monnaie
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear J Gregory C - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, as well as the traveling community on-line. We love reading our guests' reviews; especially when they are as wonderful as yours, and we're so happy to see that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for the detailed review, and we're pleased that you enjoyed everything from our recent renovations to our friendly staff and culinary delights. We will be sure to share your feedback with our entire hotel team. Hopefully, you will be able to join us this Summer to enjoy our popular outdoor patio overlooking the St. John River. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!