“Extremely friendly & helpful staff, best price in town!”

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is the best budget hotel in Fredericton. Its an older hotel & currently undergoing renovations. Very clean, with a huge tv & small fridge in rooms (very convenient)) & located close to shopping. The weather was cold & rainy, which made the indoor pool & hot tub all the more inviting during an off season visit. We do a lot of travelling & can be a little picky. So, keeping in mind that it is a budget hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. Would definitely return. Hotel accepts dogs at a very fair charge of $10 per night. The best part of our stay: we travelled with several other couples & families for a sporting event, and the extremely helpful staff opened up the breakfast area, free of charge, during the evening & allowed us to bring in our own snacks & drinks, and even provided a projector so we could stream in a soccer game. I can't thing of many hotels who would allow that, especially for free. Everyone in our group agreed they will return to this hotel during future visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shan K
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The check is service was good however the check out service I felt that I was disturbing the employee keeping him from being somewhere else as he had a coffee and a jacket during the time he serve me and another guess.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

So due to a late booking I had no choice but stay at this hotel on Oct 23, 13. I have to say I would never return, I would rather sleep in my car. The guy that work the desk and bar at check in could really use a hospitality course. The girl that worked the desk on my arrival was very pleasant. I checked into the room which was ok for a cheap hotel but i had to take hay-fever medication to sleep due to the dust. The dust on top of things and along the carpet edges is, to be blunt, beyond anything I have ever seen in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Considering there was a plastic $1 coin from the Fredriction music fest that had dust on top of the cabinet, well it just speaks volumes how often they dust. The toilet had stains in it as well. The internet was spotty at best as well.
So then you go down for breakfast, they offer a descent selection for what it is but cold eggs, Oh yea then there was the tip jar, Never have I seen a tip jar for a self serve hotel breakfast. Why should I be presented with a tip cup? I stay mainly at breakfast included places and have never saw a beggars cup! this is very poor taste.

The bathroom by the eating area just smell rotten as does the pool area.

Room Tip: Dont check in.
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

from the moment we looked at their banquet room ,to the time we actually had the reception, we felt well taken care of .The owner and staff were accommodating and made us feel very comfortable. All of my out of town guests stayed at the hotel and were happy with their rooms and comfy beds ...After a long day of decorating , those nice, clean beds were appreciated The continental breakfast was full at all times. Great value ! THANKS!
Kathleen Beuree

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank katgalnb
Travellers also viewed these Fredericton hotels
Fredericton Inn
Comfort Inn Fredericton
#9 of 21 in Fredericton
Best Western Plus Fredericton Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Fredericton

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton

Address: 958 Prospect St, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 2T8, Canada
Region: Canada > New Brunswick > Fredericton
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Price Range: £58 - £68 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wandlyn Hotel Fredericton