“Great place Great service...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fort Nashwaak Motel
Fort Nashwaak Motel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Bloomfield, Canada
“Great place Great service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

You have to love any place that allows dogs....
Compare around and this is a great deal,,,
A fridge,,Microwave,,Wifi,,with great reception,,,,
***A NOTE*** ask for a weekly rate when checking in ...!!!!!
if you don't you will be charged "the per day rate",,,
even if you were there for 7 days,,

Room Tip: I asked for a smoking with a pet room... Very happy with my room and location..
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tedso64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lower Waterford, Vermont, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We had stayed at the Fort Nashwaak two years previously... Due to our experience we felt it was 'safe' to book a room again for a 4-night stay - Nothing fancy at a cheap rate... Well, were we ever wrong... We arrived late on Saturday afternoon June 1st... Although this was not a honeymoon, my husband and I are newly married and this was the first trip we took as a married couple - we let the hotel know this, hoping they might put us in a nicer room... The first room we were offered was along a back area... It looked dark and abandoned - like something out of a horror movie!!!... There were no other guests staying in this area... The exterior of the building was rundown with mis-matched interior and exterior chairs by the doors - plastic grocery bags filled with garbage and empty pizza boxes sitting on the ground by a few of them... Our room smelled stuffy and like old-smoke so we opened a window and figured this would work itself out... The furnishings were rundown, but a bed-check proved 'no bedbugs' and the room was relatively clean, so okay... We noticed there was no ice bucket, so drove back to the desk to accept the room and ask for one... The clerk could not find an ice bucket in the supply room and had to 'steal' one from another room... We got back to the room and started to settle in... My husband went to use the phone to make some local calls and there was no dial tone... He drove back to the desk where the clerk gave him a brand new phone, which he brought back, hooked up & still no dial phone!!!... I then alerted him that there was no remote for the television... Well, patience was now a thing of the past and he drove back to the desk and told the clerk that this room was unacceptable - no phone, etc. to which the clerk offered him two other rooms to look at... When he returned, and as we were putting our things back in our car, a couple pulled up to one of the rooms with garbage by the door and the young woman stated that her step-father had been arrested there the previous night and was in jail and she was there to pick up his belongings... I had to question "Just what kind of place was this?"!!!???!!!... We were not sure we wanted to even look at the other rooms at all, but given the late hour and the other rooms were in a different location we would take a look... At this point, as irritated as we were, there was some humor to the whole thing - So we moved on... One room smelled very strongly of fresh paint... The other had a pair of old shoes sitting outside the door and smelled like what were obviously these same stinky shoes... We decided we would take the freshly painted room for the night and look for another hotel the following day... I was waiting outside this room for my husband to return from the desk - he decided to walk there this time 'to blow off some stream' - when a man circled the building twice and instead of walking behind our car, walked between our car and myself making me very uncomfortable - as if he was 'scoping out the joint'... At this point I said "enough, we're outta here"!!!... We couldn't leave fast enough!!!... Folks, you should know that we watched the garbage and shoes besides the doors by the rooms each time we drove by and it was not cleaned up until 2 p.m. on Monday!!!... 48 hours later!!!... The Fort Nashwaak is a Fort Nightmare!!!...

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Bonnie S

Travellers are raving about these Fredericton hotels

Cambridge ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

This may be a cheap place to stay but we would never ever stay there again. We stayed there mid October and the room was freezing. The beds I nicknamed prison beds. A thin mattress on a hard metal slab. If I were you shop around. The discount price is not worth the stay!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bytowner61
791 Olive Avenue
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We came down for a wedding and anniversary and did not know what to expect. We check in and the service was amazing the gentleman on the desk was so helpful. \we thought we had the cottages and instead got the two bedroom apartment. The apartment was spotless and very roomy. The housekeeping staff are always available and ready to help for towels etc. At night it was so quite you cant hear anything so peaceful.I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. We would definitely come back.

Room Tip: only wish they had a pool other then that it was perfect for us
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sfoote39
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I spent 5 days here...5 days too long. I know I should have cancelled the rest of my reservation but I figured I was only sleeping there. I rented a cottage (if that's what you want to call it), it was extremely small and lacked furniture, but I suppose if it had more furniture you wouldn't be able to walk in the place. It was a good thing I took a blanket of my own as I had to use it to sit on the loveseat. The loveseat had a cover on it, but the cover was stained in blood and something else...not sure what it was and the bathroom smelled like urine. It had two bedrooms, but one bed needs to be replaced. I didn't get much sleep here at all...still kicking my butt for not leaving. There is not coffee table so we had to use the telephone stand as one. If you go to the kitchen, it is sloped to the left side..the other rooms have lean to the right side and you can really notice this when you are in the shower. Housekeeping was in daily and did a great job, the cross cannon restaurant served great food but that is about the good I can say.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo