“Third visit in a year!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Fredericton

Ramada Fredericton
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Sussex, Canada
“Third visit in a year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We live about an hour and a half away and love coming to this hotel. The beds are comfortable and we always have a good sleep there! The indoor courtyard is the big reason we go to this hotel. It snowed while we were there this past Friday night, and we had no idea! We were on our deck, looking at the pool, pretending it was summer.

The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our meal in the restaurant.

The only two downsides this time were that the room we were in seemed to have an older bathtub/shower. We had been in nicer ones, and this one seemed a bit dated. The pool was cold too, I only saw one other person in it during our entire stay. The hot tub was nice, although the jets were broken, like I think they were last May too.

We're booked in for two nights over the March break but can only get a king bed for three of us. Not sure if we'll keep the reservations or not, but we do always enjoy our time away at this hotel.

Room Tip: Face the pool for sure, or it is like any other hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CanadianMaple12
Manager29, General Manager at Ramada Fredericton, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for your very nice review! Yes-you are quite right-although we did do a big renovation on our guest bathrooms with new granite countertops,sinks,lighting and new wall vinyl, we were not able to replace all the tubs at this time....but we do hope to soon! Really glad you like our hotel and thrilled you are coming back on March break-keep checking for a room with a balcony and 2 queen beds-we do get cancellations and always try our very best to get you in the room you want! See you in March!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Quite dated. Restaurant not so good. Indoor courtyard stinks of chlorine form pool. Not the best location if you are on business and not driving. I would opt for something closer to the downtown next time. The room itself and the staff were fine.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our hotel.I am curious as to why you choose our hotel when it is so obviously not a downtown location,however, we do offer a shuttle service for any guest wishing to go anywhere in the city...sure hope you took advantage of that! And regarding the chlorine smell.....not sure what you were smelling but it wasn't chlorine as we do not use it in our pool.I am very sorry you didn't like our restaurant-it is actually a very popular and busy restaurant,but perhaps just not what you are used to being from Toronto.Hope you had a nice trip home.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

We spent three nights at the Ramada just before Christmas and felt as comfortable as it is possible to be when staying away from home. The beds were comfortable and although we brought our own pillows we needn't have done. The water was hot, the room was quiet and I loved being on the ground floor for a change. We had several meals at the hotel and found the food tasty and the prices reasonable. Staff went out of their way to remember us and be friendly and helpful. The location, right by the Princess Margaret Bridge, allowed us to go to either side of the river quickly. I'd recommend this to anyone who has a car at their disposal.

Room Tip: I would try for a ground floor room. #108, very near the entrace, was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kaye007
I want to thank you for your wonderful comments...it is always a pleasure to have guests like you! And also a thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review! Hope to see you again soon!
Eastern Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Room was comfortable and clean. A bit of an odd setup, I had a "balcony" with a good view of the meeting room area and a random gumball machine. Pool/hot tub is in a peculiarly exposed place, full view of the restaurant, meeting rooms, and all inside guest rooms. Pool hours are poor and not conducive to business travelers, pool not open til 9 so I could not take a swim before my 830 meetings even if I wanted to. Courtyard area was quite dusty, cobwebs down to the fake potted trees. Our 3-day meeting was very well taken care of food and supply-wise. Pool tables in the courtyard are in such terrible shape they either need to be removed or made free. Pool cues should be at the area, not at front desk. Avoid the "poolside bar"- they poured half the bottle of Smirnoff ice in a small cup, did not offer me the rest and charged $6. Breakfast that was included with our corporate rate was tiny portion-wise for the coupons we were given. Taste was fine however, and the portions allotted for our meeting group breaks and lunch were more than sufficient to feed everyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get ground floor, if there really is no elevator. If you have kids, I think a courtyar...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed at the Ramada Oct 12 thru 16/2011. Our room was second floor.....bad for a senior with mobilty issues...we survived. Evidently an elevator is being installed...that will make it much easier.

The bed was heaven...so comfortable as were the pillows...sheets were changed each day. My one complaint was the bathtub was rusted(hole) through next to the overflow drain...so I had to keep the water level lower than I like. However, apparently some bathrooms are being renovated. Our's was a renovated bathroom but the tub was old.

My sister is a smoker so had to go down the stairs each time she wanted to smoke(good punishment lol)..,instead of butting out and throwing the butt on the ground she would butt it out and put it in her pocket. Eventually she would toss the butt into the waste paper can in the room or if she was out someplace else into a refuse can. I was so amazed with her NOT smoking in the room...she is a die hard smoker. The night before checkout we had been out and when we returned to the room there was a message on the phone from management saying that they had found evidence in the room of someone smoking and they would be adding a charge onto the crdeit card upon checkout. We went down to the lobby desk but the girl on duty could not help us other than to say the charge was $200.00. She was very polite about the matter and said that we could talk with the manager in the morning.My sister was extremely upset and she tossed and turned all night. We had intended to be on the road for 7am but had to wait till approx 11 am to speak with the manager. My sister explained the situation and that she had NOT smoked in the room. We were shown two butts collected from the waste can in the room ...they were in separate plastic bags and dated as to when they were found by the maid. I hope they pay their maids a commission for collecting evidence...imagine having to go through garbage looking for smoking evidence. Once the situation was explained to the manager..I do apologize as I have forgotten the lady's name the fee was reversed from the credit card. I know the staff have a job to do..it is a non smoking hotel...which I as a non smoker appreciate but my only thought is that if we had not been able to wait to explain the situation, the credit card would have been billed the extra $200.00. I wonder how many people that have rushed out to get to the airport or if they were on a bus tour...how many of these people would have had no recourse to justify the situation? In our case the manager was great and so friendly/kind upon hearing the explanation and seeing how upset my sister felt over being wrongly accused.

I will be coming back to Fredericton next summer...it's a long long drive from Winnipeg and yes I will be staying at the Ramada again BUT I will leave my sister at home lol....no just joking...I'll bring her but I will have custody of all cigarette butts and empty packages.

Also, I almost forgot.....the food at the restaurant was wonderful...cooked just the way we ordered. The servers were excellant and the coffee cups refilled like magic.

The Princess Margaret Bridge was closed when we were there but no huge inconvenience.

One other thing....the maintenance guy caught my sister and I in an Ethel and Lucy moment in the hallway. I wanted to put my sister into the empty laundry cart and push the cart down the stairs....my sister wasn't buying into that(she's old... 64 yrs old lol)... so then we spotted a ?? luggage cart...so I was going to sit on it (I am the sister having issues with walking..I'm the much younger sister lol) and let my sister push me down the hallway. We could just see the look in the maintenance man's face.....go ahead make my day lol.

I highly recommend this hotel..it's comfortable...clean...and smoke free. We will return...well that is..if they let us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior court yard have a balcony over looking the pool and hot tub
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Veronica B
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

This hotel is fine for basic traveling (clean room/sheets/phone/remote control). They have one nice suite (soaker tub, heated bathroom floor, large room), but we couldn't get it this time. We stayed in the Business Class room, and it was fine. We are somewhat picky travelers, and my husband had a gripe with the pillows being too big and hard, and the bed being too close to one side of the room that he could not really get out from his side of the bed. But overall, the hotel is fine, but nothing special

Room Tip: Book business class rooms if you can. Also, the inner rooms face the courtyard, which may or may no...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager29, General Manager at Ramada Fredericton, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased you like our suite.I ,too, wish we had more like it as it is very popular! I appreciate your husbands comments about the pillows-you would think when you have 5 pillows on one bed to pick from, youcould find one that is to your liking but we get used to our own pillows and then its very difficult to adjust to a different one!We do offer a selection of different types of pillows-feather,soft,flat etc so maybe next time he could request something closer to what he likes and we would be happy to oblige! Our Business Class rooms are great-we get alot of compliments on them and I am really pleased you felt the same.......but yes, the king size bed is a bit too close to the wall on one side in that section....these rooms were not originally intended for King size beds but most people don't mind as quite often these rooms are for people travelling alone on business.Youare quite right about the inner rooms facing our beautiful indoor courtyard and each of these have a balcony that is lovely to sit out on in the evenings and watch whats happening or have dinner etc.Thank you for noticing! We hope we will see you back here again soon!
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I was a bit disappointed to have to book a room on the North side of Fredericton because othe local hotels were sold out. Out of necessity, the Ramada was booked and I was a late arrival.

The front desk clerk was in training so check in was a bit slower than usual but that can be understood. She was friendly enough. The other clerk had some white substance on her chin and lip, like she was just eating and hasn't wiped it off. No one said anything but it was distracting and unprofessional. The clerk gave me directions to my second floor room, which was up the stairs - no elevator? In fairness, she did ask if i needed help with my luggage.

I was booked into a business category room that faced the interior pool/bar area. Having the balcony is a nice feature although I didn't get a chance to use it. The room is modern with disinfected phones & remotes, which I appreciate! I usually put hand sanitizer on these items when I use hotels. The room is large and showing onlyl miminal signs of wear.

Overall, pleasantly surprised with the condition of this hotel - just wish the location was different.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the first floor to avoid dragging luggage up stairs - i didn't see an elevator
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Disco2102
Hello and Thank You for taking the time to write a review! I have great news for you! Soon the Princess Margaret Bridge will be open (only 14 more days!) and our location will be much more desirable to you-then we are only 6 minutes from anywhere downtown or uptown-you can actually get to the downtown area quicker from here than you can from an uptown location AND we are actually putting in an elevator within the next few months(tentatively scheduled for April)! We do have a lovely young lady training on our desk and I thank you for your compliment on her behalf-the other young lady unfortunately had a coldsore on her lip and what you saw was some medication but I certainly understand your error!I am happy to report she is all better now and I think you would find all of our front desk staff are friendly ad helpful so I thank you for noticing! Hope youwill be back-I am sure once the bridge is open you will find our location has great as any other! Thanks again!