“Great food Good gluten free options”

The Schnitzel Parlour
Ranked #2 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Your German destination in Fredericton (Northside). We also offer handmade chocolate Truffles and Desserts. We are now air conditioned. We have free Wifi for our customers. Please ask for the password. Secured network.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

They have good gluten free options at no extra charge Then have really good gluten free desserts and meals

1  Thank Tom Y

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I have been patrons of The Schnitzel Parlour for the last several years, and we find ourselves in the restaurant increasingly often (five times in the past month!). The food is second-to-none in the region, and the service is always stellar. We have gotten to know the owners and staff well, and they are always accommodating, welcoming, generous, and patient when we bring along our toddler (he's treated to snacks and toys every time we go!).
During a recent dinner, I made the comment to my wife that this is the only restaurant where I am disappointed when the entree arrives because it means the evening will soon be over! We love coming here and recommend it to anyone and everyone living in or visiting Fredericton.

1  Thank Barry M
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We searched where to eat when in Fredericton and came across The Schnitzel Parlour reviews. Wanted to try it and almost missed it because it is located right next to the hotel. I am glad we persisted and didn't give up. Our dinner was great - from the goulash and salad (with the maple syrup and chocolate dressing) to the schnitzel with spatzle, German beer and wine. Deserts were to die for and if you wanted to take some chocolate truffle home, the choices were great.
Server was very helpful and we will definitely come back.

2  Thank Tanya C
Reviewed 2 August 2014

There is a reason this is ranked as the top restaurant in Fredericton. The food is always excellent, and the service is strong.

I've eaten here several times, but most recently dined with family on my birthday. We each ordered schnitzel (two onions and a curry), and, as always, the food was great - flavourful, filling, and something different than the regular restaurant fare you suffer through in this part of the world. You can choose between a regular and small size, and we all went with small. This is the perfect amount for the average eater. I was pleasantly full, but not stuffed, even after having desert.

The service here is great, and you will often be served by one of the proprietors. The night we were there was just a few days after a major power outage, and though they were still getting back underway and using a reduced menu, everything was still great.

My only quibble is that the drink selection is kind of limited. It would be nice to have a few more beer options.

1  Thank Askjacat
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived with pre-booked reservations (thankfully!) to a totally booked Schnitzel Parlour. There were 6 of us in our party. Even with a packed restaurant, the service was quick and very polite and welcoming. We all had schnitzel of different variations. Everyone loved it. I have been to the Schnitzel Parlour a number of time and have never ever been disappointed. The portions are enormous, and if you feel you are too full for one of their glorious deserts, don't miss out....opt for a tea or coffee and a couple of their delicious truffles. ....there is always room for a truffle or 2! The Schnitzel Parlour is totally worth the extra little drive. To avoid disappointment, call ahead and make reservations.

1  Thank NB_HappyChick