“Dated but clean”
Review of City Motel

City Motel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Check in was a breeze, we landed in Fredericton before lunch, and were able to check in, which is nice, i love that. Upon entering, we thought it was very cute and different. The room was clean, but very dated, the floors are a little uneven, especially the sleeping area, of the Queen Room. A bit of a musty smell, windows do not open, I hope if they change the windows, they put in windows that open, and maybe remove the carpet. The room was very quiet,, 302, top of the stairs, i was worried, we would hear a lot of late night noise from other quests, but was very quiet. The restaurant was not open, however I think it is now. The coffee pot wasn't in the room, We didn't go to the gym so i cant comment on that, and no pool. We would probably return, although i hope at a lower price, if the price is only a difference of 20 dollars or so, we may go somewhere else just for the use of a pool.But we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a night here with family and friends. The rooms were great, clean, spacious yet homey. Reasonable breakfast and good location. Good wifi. Loved the quilts on the bed.gave a nice warm touch. Nice staff. Would return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I tried this motel as I had a meeting early the next day close by. This place is fantastic !!! The rooms are great and really bright. And the price is very reasonable compared to the other hotels in the area. I found the staff really friendly too. I even met the owner who welcomed me personally.........you don't see that very often. I see that they even have small meeting rooms which will come in handy on my next visit. Thanks everyone for the nice experience. I'll be back !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A friend and myself recently visited this property for 1 night while in town for a concert. We decided to book last minute and found that City Motel was offering fairly low rates for a day-of arrival. I was pleasantly surprised by how well-kept the motel was for the price-range, however I was not aware that I was going to be quoted one rate over the phone at the time of booking (around $75, $89 after taxes) and then charged another at the time of checkout ($96). Won't be staying at this property again, very disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have stayed at the City Motel with my family back ages ago and we always had a really positive experience there. Today was the first time I've stayed there in over ten years, but returning to this hotel was wonderful.

If you're looking for a super posh hotel, the City Motel isn't that. It is very homey and welcoming though.The hotel rooms are quaint and cozy and we found it to be quite clean. It's homey in the sense that the decor and the bedding look like something you would find in a guest room if you were visiting your family that live out in the country. This is in no way a bad thing. Since I'm from a small town, I loved that it had that kind of feel to it. Very cozy.

The staff at the hotel is very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. We weren't sure how to work the coffee maker when we first got here so we called the front desk and they sent someone right away to help.

The hotel is in a superb location in Fredericton. It is very close to the Regent Mall, which is the main shopping center in the city. You can easily walk to it (once you cross four lanes of traffic) within five minutes. It is also close to the Uptown Center (formerly the Fredericton Mall). It's also about a five minute walk. Dairy Queen, Future Shop, and many other restaurants and shops are right across the street from the City Motel. The Motel is right across the intersection from Prospect Street which has a lot of shopping along it.

There is a restaurant in the motel but I haven't tried it. There are also drinks (chocolate milk, white milk, soda, etc) for sale at the motel but it is a little overpriced.

All in all, I was very pleased with my stay at the City Motel once again. It is a very reasonably priced motel considering the great location, the cozy rooms, and the great service! Highly recommended -- this Motel is a family favorite! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here in August .The lady on the front desk was very friendly and willing to help us with our questions.When we went to our room we could smell stale cigarette smoke. Got into the room, at first glance I spotted a condom wrapper on the floor.I wanted to report this but my husband said were only here one night and he doesn't,t like to make waves.I didn't sleep well. Went to the dining room for breakfast the meal was OK..Personally I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: If your not fussy its ok
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Located just off the highway we choose the place to crash after a long drive east. The place sits at a major intersection and is close to malls, highways and lots of chain style restaurants and fast food. Really just a place to crash for one night.

The service was pleasant and they have tried to gussy up a dated decor with paint but it is just an old queen with makeup.

• Stayed: August 2012