“Fresh flavours with people watching as a side”

The Palate Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of Fredericton's best places for casual dining. Our food is prepared fresh in an open kitchen atmosphere, where dining meets a casual relaxed atmosphere and experience.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were recommended to try this restaurant by Tom and Judy at The Sunset on the River (stay there - it's great!). We were not disappointed. Fresh tastes and clever combinations - a special of Salmon with Asparagus, mushrooms and Fiddleheads was perfectly cooked and expertly dressed. Mussels in a light sauce were delicious. Service is cheerful and obliging - and there's a free floorshow in the form of an endless parade of students collecting their flagons from the beer shop next door (all human life is here!). A great departure from the standard Canadian fare in a fine little city.

1  Thank Feckenhamsters
There are newer reviews for The Palate Restaurant

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went here late one evening with friends and we all enjoyed excellent food and great service. The prices were very reasonable. It was the best meal I had in 4 days in Fredericton. I would love to go back.

2  Thank short_stack101
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In Fredericton for just a couple of days so the Trip advisor review sent me to this place. Really good food and great service- attentive but not overly. Definitely recommended and I am going back for lunch today,e

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I happened upon this restaurant while looking for another that was recommended. I am very happy to have found it!

Great service with a smile. The waitress was super friendly and helpful. Against my usual, I ordered the most expensive meal on the menu. To my delight it was worth every penny!
Steak was grilled to perfection and the sauce offered a delightful respite from the usually boring offerings of even 'the best' steak houses.

Kudos to the chef, the staff, and of course the owner. I believe I would come back day in day out if I could afford to do so! Yes, I found it a little pricey BUT it was well worth it! I cannot wait to try other menu options.

Trust me, you do NOT want to miss stopping here when you visit downtown Fredericton!!

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you're looking for a spot to tickle your palate then this is a must stop. Freshly prepared food and promptly served in a casual atmosphere, The Palate is a popular spot especially at lunch time. If you don't want to be disappointed, reservations are recommended. Lunch menu pricing is comparable to other downtown locations; dinner entrees are slightly above. Here's their website:

1  Thank Linda H