“Quick, fancy and tasty!”

The Palate Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 228 Restaurants in Fredericton
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of Fredericton's best places for casual dining. Our food is prepared fresh in an open kitchen atmosphere, where dining meets a casual relaxed atmosphere and experience.
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Quick, fancy and tasty!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've stopped in for lunch a couple of times now and have never been disappointed. The lunch specials and entrees are reasonably priced and very tasty...not too much food that you go away bloated but just enough to have a satisfying lunch. The staff have always been very friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere, while busy at lunchtime, is pleasant and quiet enough to carry on a conversation. Since we usually fly in and out on our 1 hour lunch break, the staff is always attentive to the clock and gets our food and cheque out to us in a timely manner. Great place for lunch. I look forward to trying dinner here sometime soon!!

1 Thank donflatt

Feckenham
“Fresh flavours with people watching as a side”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were recommended to try this restaurant by Tom and Judy at The Sunset on the River (stay there - it's great!). We were not disappointed. Fresh tastes and clever combinations - a special of Salmon with Asparagus, mushrooms and Fiddleheads was perfectly cooked and expertly dressed. Mussels in a light sauce were delicious. Service is cheerful and obliging - and there's a free floorshow in the form of an endless parade of students collecting their flagons from the beer shop next door (all human life is here!). A great departure from the standard Canadian fare in a fine little city.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Feckenhamsters
Edmonton, Canada
“Wow!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Went here late one evening with friends and we all enjoyed excellent food and great service. The prices were very reasonable. It was the best meal I had in 4 days in Fredericton. I would love to go back.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank short_stack101
canada
“Good food- great service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In Fredericton for just a couple of days so the Trip advisor review sent me to this place. Really good food and great service- attentive but not overly. Definitely recommended and I am going back for lunch today,e

Hamilton, Canada
“Great Steak”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I happened upon this restaurant while looking for another that was recommended. I am very happy to have found it!

Great service with a smile. The waitress was super friendly and helpful. Against my usual, I ordered the most expensive meal on the menu. To my delight it was worth every penny!
Steak was grilled to perfection and the sauce offered a delightful respite from the usually boring offerings of even 'the best' steak houses.

Kudos to the chef, the staff, and of course the owner. I believe I would come back day in day out if I could afford to do so! Yes, I found it a little pricey BUT it was well worth it! I cannot wait to try other menu options.

Trust me, you do NOT want to miss stopping here when you visit downtown Fredericton!!

1 Thank Tom S