“really bad experience”

Ringo's Grill
Ranked #45 of 226 Restaurants in Fredericton
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Steak,Chicken and Ribs is what we do. We also have appetizers ,wrap and seafood. Happy hour every day ! All food is in house cooked from scratch. Live music Thursday and Saturday night from 7pm -9pm. No cover.
Fredericton, Canada
“really bad experience”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Picked this place due to the "steak" in the name thinking it would be a good place to have a steak. Natural assumption I thought. Whoops. I won’t be going there again.
It took us just over 20 minutes to wait on a slow early Sat evening (I counted 7 tables with people <6 per table) to get our appetizer. I ordered Bruschetta and a salad that came with my steak (that arrived with my steak!?!?) I attached a photo of what arrived. It was burnt garlic bread with tomato paste with cheese on top of it. The kind waitress assured me this was Bruschetta. Maybe I’m too critical, judge for yourself. (I didn’t eat it) but the waitress was interested in seeing the google images of what Bruschetta really is.
I asked for a med-rare 14oz T-bone steak ($23), mentioning that I don't want this to be over cooked and that I would rather if it's not cooked right, I rather have it a little rare than medium. The kind waitress asked if rare would be ok. I, mentioned again no, medium rare is the goal. :) It came barely cooked (seriously, less than 'blue') in half the steak. I couldn’t eat it, and I eat rare steaks often. The mashed potatoes are powered and were horrible.
OH... the caesar salad was good, but it takes a real special place to screw that up.
So, talking to others in town about my experience, they have similar stories about this restaurant and they won’t be going back either. I don’t fill out reviews, but for this experience, I have! (funny, I’m the first on this site)

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Bob M

Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Not home made!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Today I had the worst "English Fish and Chips " of my life. I took the time to ask the very polite waitress whether the fries were real, uncoated, home cut potatoes and if the fish was fresh and not previously frozen prebattered packaged fare. Yes the fish is fresh, but the fries are coated and frozen. The fish was unedible, tasted like metal, and the batter part was gooey on the inside. Simply unedible . The club sandwich was better but certainly not worth the price. Very disappointing!

• Visited October 2013
Eastern Canada
“Good for the price, convenient location”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was heading for another restaurant in Fredericton when I was snared by their Tuesday is Steak Night special on the sign. I got a reasonable sized sirloin for 9.99 with pretty tasty rice. I also got the chili, which was nothing to rave about, but was perfectly adequate, have made and had better, have made and had worse. I was almost deterred from entering by a large group of 6 or 8 shifty people furtively smoking right beside the entrance... staff should keep a watch on the bylaw distance. Decor inside is pleasant, staff swift and courteous.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank trinity1969
St. Catharines, Canada
“Good food, good price”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We had dinner on our trip out to the Maritimes and made a point of stopping there on the way back. The wings were on special the first time and my husband really enjoyed them, especially the sweet & sour wings. He had the wings again on the return trip and I had the rib special - both were excellent.

Visited July 2013
Dartmouth, Canada
“delicious”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

First of all service was prompt, and very friendly. We both had the Chicken Stir Fry, Delicious, and filling, Loved the atmosphere, will definitely be returning, the next time we visit Fredericton. It was worth the money, reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013