“Great location, great service, great suite”

Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was my first stay at the Residence Inn as my usual accommodations were full on this trip. I was very pleased with the warm, inviting lobby. My suite was spacious and the bed delightful. The second night I fell asleep on the couch watching television, and it was just as comfy! Spotless kitchen and shower area (with great water pressure!), and I really enjoyed the continental breakfast (included!)
Although at the opposite end of the city from where I was conducting business, this very positive experience would have me return again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CdesJ
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in town for business. We were happy to have you.

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Residence Inn. Our spacious suites are great when traveling for business. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here last weekend with son's hockey team. It was our third stay, and won't be our last. Fantastic location, really well appointed rooms, and really good breakfast included in stay. Only slight complaint is service at front desk; at times and depending on who you get, it can get a little painful, especially checking in. But the pluses certainly outstrip the minuses. Everything you need is in the room; I could live there with little difficulty or complaint. Full fridge, ice maker (although kind of slow), stove, microwave. Very hockey team/kid friendly as well. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast are two of the many reasons why our guests love to stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Until next time,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I spent the past weekend at this hotel while attending a local hockey tournament. I found everything to be very good. The rooms were comfortable, climate control worked well, the kitchenette had everything I needed, and breakfast was good. In spite of the fact that there were three Peewee and Bantam hockey teams staying there (which is 51 kids 11-14 years old), the hotel was quiet and we had no issues getting breakfast in the morning. Before I went up, I read the reviews of the hotel and noted the parking issues. I expected there might be problems, but there were none at all and I was always able to find a spot.

The staff is to be commended in particular, for being very friendly and helpful the whole weekend. They also helped the team parents when we wanted to have a space Saturday evening for a quiet get-together away from the kids, after the coaches had enforced the curfew and sent them to bed.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on the hockey weekend; we're happy to hear everything went so smoothly. We take pride in our service and hospitality, and we're delighted we were able to accommodate all your requests.

We very much look forward to your next visit, whether it be for another hockey game or a family getaway.

Until next time.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great location but the interior of the hotel room is dated. I've stayed at the Residence Inn at other locations and have enjoyed them as they serve you well as a business traveler but this location needs a little TLC. You find dirt outside the grill of the HVAC vent, the refrigerator looks like it took a hit with a large number of dimples in it, the cabinetry is worn and scratched, minor holes in the wall and lamp shade and furniture, wall paper is coming off and the shower floor is, well, needs a good scrubbing. As noted before, I stayed at the Marriott before and have come accustomed to their high level of service but this hotel simply did not measure up.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor which shares with the meeting rooms and street lamps!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We're disappointed to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss at dpower@residenceinnmoncton.com.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very comfortable, it is centrally located in downtown moncton. The room is exactly what you expect from a residence inn. There are tons of places to eat within walking distance or grab a drink. You have to pay for parking which is on downside but the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our location in downtown Moncton, spacious guestrooms and friendly staff.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I traveled to Moncton on business for a few days and found the Residence Inn to be most everything I needed in a hotel. I had a king suite; comfortable bed, nice living room, and a nearly full kitchen. It was ample room for a single person. I liked having so many pillows (comfortable ones, at that!) on the bed as well. The hotel looks good; public areas and my room were very clean and the furnishings and such are in excellent condition. The complementary breakfast is typical of hotel breakfast bars these days, but the selection was adequate and the staff kept it clean and organized. I found the wifi service to be very good.

Location-wise, the hotel is located on main street; there is a Keg restaurant on property and a nice choice of both restaurants and pubs all within a block or so radius. It is an easy walk (approx. 15 minutes) to the grocery store and Staples, in case you forgot to bring the power adapter for your laptop (or something like that). Avis car rental is less than a block away, if you want to pick up a car and do some exploring.

I highly recommend taking in the Moncton market if you are in town on a Saturday morning. It is an easy and quick walk (a block or so) from the hotel and offers a great variety of food vendors, crafts, produce and other agricultural products, and baking (amazing pastries and breads!). It was a nice way to spend part of the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your time at our downtown hotel. We're happy you enjoyed our location, on-site amenities and spacious guestrooms.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, whether traveling for business or leisure.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Perfect place to stop overnight on our way to Nova Scotia. Excellent service ; clean, comfortable rooms. Staff was attentive and helpful. Recommendations for local restaurants was superb. Modern decor and appointments were typical of more exclusive hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Moncton on your way to Nova Scotia. We're happy you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations, modern decor and friendly staff.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards,