We had a quick 2 night stay in Moncton in March 2014, and choose the Residence Inn. We choose this hotel for two reasons: it was in the middle of the downtown area, and walking distance to restaurants and shops, and secondly it was an efficiency room with a full kitchen that I wanted to check out for future stays.
The parking for the hotel is in the back of the hotel so you need to turn into another street and the entrance is not well marked. We almost missed it. They have a small parking lot out back and then under this parking lot is a below ground lot. Kind of tight for larger vehicles.
The lobby is very welcoming, with a fireplace and comfy chairs. The hotel is connected to the Keg Restaurant which can be accessed on the same lobby level. Room service is from the Keg as well.
The pool is on the main lobby floor, and the dining room for breakfast overlooks the front of the hotel and the street. We made in error when picking this time of year for a quick stay as Moncton has numerous hockey tournaments and this week-end the hotel was full of young teens. I will say the hotel managed the chaos very well by trying to keep the teams and kids on lower levels and other guests on the top floors. My suggestion is if travelling in the winter, check with the hotel first to see if they are booked for tournaments. The pool was over run and we could not think of getting in it. Breakfast also goes fast when you have hungry teens in the building.
Breakfast is provided in the main dining room and consists of hot dishes like bacon, eggs, waffles, and other items included cereal, yougart, bagels, donuts, toast, juice, tea, coffee, etc. They have someone from the hotel in the dining room at peak times overseeing things as they run out. There was plenty to choose from to keep us full. They also have a snack bar by the check in desk where you can purchase things like chips, bars, and other snacks.
The room was very nice and spacious - king bed with an attached sitting area with a couch, chair and desk. A full kitchen was provided in the room - full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher, with a stove top.
The bed was very comfortable, and had an attached vanity area, closet and sink, with the shower and toilet in a seperate room. Very big shower !
Another perk of this hotel is they do allow pets, and saw a few guests taking their fur babies for strolls outside. I believe they have particular rooms that pets can stay in to limit exposure for guests with allergies.
I would stay here again, but I did find the price a bit steep for this area. If you get a good deal, it is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton is an all-suite hotel in the heart of downtown Moncton, just 5 miles from the Greater Moncton Airport. Our 100% smoke free hotel offers guests the convenience of fully equipped kitchens, full size refrigerators, stove top coffee makers, microwaves, dining tables, and complimentary high speed Internet in their guest suite. Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton offers a choice of studio, one, or two bedroom suites - all equipped with Marriott's luxury bedding with plush mattresses and crisp sheets. Additional features at our hotel include a complimentary full hot breakfast daily for all guests, an indoor pool and whirlpool, and an exercise room - which are all ideal for the business traveler or for family fun. In addition, our hotel's The Keg restaurant is located on site and is open for lunch and dinner daily. There are also many pubs and family friendly restaurants located near our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Moncton Hotel Moncton
- Moncton Residence Inn
- Residence Inn By Marriott Moncton Canada - New Brunswick