“Quick Stay at the Residence Inn”

Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a quick 2 night stay in Moncton in March 2014, and choose the Residence Inn. We choose this hotel for two reasons: it was in the middle of the downtown area, and walking distance to restaurants and shops, and secondly it was an efficiency room with a full kitchen that I wanted to check out for future stays.
The parking for the hotel is in the back of the hotel so you need to turn into another street and the entrance is not well marked. We almost missed it. They have a small parking lot out back and then under this parking lot is a below ground lot. Kind of tight for larger vehicles.
The lobby is very welcoming, with a fireplace and comfy chairs. The hotel is connected to the Keg Restaurant which can be accessed on the same lobby level. Room service is from the Keg as well.
The pool is on the main lobby floor, and the dining room for breakfast overlooks the front of the hotel and the street. We made in error when picking this time of year for a quick stay as Moncton has numerous hockey tournaments and this week-end the hotel was full of young teens. I will say the hotel managed the chaos very well by trying to keep the teams and kids on lower levels and other guests on the top floors. My suggestion is if travelling in the winter, check with the hotel first to see if they are booked for tournaments. The pool was over run and we could not think of getting in it. Breakfast also goes fast when you have hungry teens in the building.
Breakfast is provided in the main dining room and consists of hot dishes like bacon, eggs, waffles, and other items included cereal, yougart, bagels, donuts, toast, juice, tea, coffee, etc. They have someone from the hotel in the dining room at peak times overseeing things as they run out. There was plenty to choose from to keep us full. They also have a snack bar by the check in desk where you can purchase things like chips, bars, and other snacks.
The room was very nice and spacious - king bed with an attached sitting area with a couch, chair and desk. A full kitchen was provided in the room - full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher, with a stove top.
The bed was very comfortable, and had an attached vanity area, closet and sink, with the shower and toilet in a seperate room. Very big shower !
Another perk of this hotel is they do allow pets, and saw a few guests taking their fur babies for strolls outside. I believe they have particular rooms that pets can stay in to limit exposure for guests with allergies.
I would stay here again, but I did find the price a bit steep for this area. If you get a good deal, it is well worth it.

Room Tip: Check on hockey tournaments and request to be on another floor from the teams.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great stay we had. We arrived and were informed that if we had no eaten there was chilli,
and other items in the breakfast room . Free of charge. Great, who doesn't not like free of charge.
The room was gorgeous with beautiful furnishings. Small kitchen area, sofa with sitting area.great big king bed. Large walk -in shower. Absolutely updated and very stylist. Walking out into a downtown area where we walked down the street and looked in the shop windows. When to a small Irish pub. In the morning ,a full buffet morning served in the morning/ breakfast room. Delicious. Great stay, if I this area again when definitely stay again.

1  Thank LighthouseLady902
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel is right across from the best spots to watch the tidal bore come in-very convenient, as the tides can come at odd hours. The hotel is extremely clean and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. A woman at the front desk ( Ingrid ) was especially knowledgeable and helpful, but everyone we interacted with was nice, including the people who put out the breakfast. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the river, and be sure to look out at it regularly. The changes are so huge!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms. Ingrid is a very valuable staff member, we are so lucky to have her on our team. It’s great that you were able to view the tidal bore; it truly is a unique experience.

Until next time,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here several times and always had a good experience. Check in was fast, rooms where clean. and close to everything, within walking distance. I'd stay here again as my stays have been all good..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for sharing this TripAdvisor review with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. It sounds like you had the opportunity to take advantage of our convenient downtown location.

Looking forward to seeing you during your next trip to Moncton!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

IWe booked a King Suite with a kitchenette with a river view and received excatly what we asked for. Awesome !! Staff were very friendly, Indoor pool and whlrlpool was great after a long drive.. Free hot breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It sounds like you had the opportunity to take full advantage of the hotels many amenities. The whirlpool is the perfect way to relax after a long day in the car.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My first visit to this property was last weekend and I was quite pleased with the room and the breakfast was very good. However I was very disappointed that my room, #500 began to smell like cigarette smoke late in the evening. I tried calling down to the front desk but received no answer but it was almost midnight so I didn't give it much thought. However, I made a pointof visiting the front desk in the morning it express my displeasure with the smell. My comments were taken by the staff but no follow up was taken with us. When I was leaving I checked in gin and she said maintenance went to check it out but found nothing (maintenance never came to our room so how could they know what we smelled in our room). Before we left I checked the staircase which was directly across from our room and the minute I opened the staircase door it was apparent that was where the smell had been coming from. I mentioned this at the front desk and was just disregarded.

I know hotel staff cannot always manage what guests do on property but I was very disappointed to see the front desk staff not care how I felt as I was leaving from my first visit considering it willlikely make e never stay there again and nt recommend to others. Shauna McGraw

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 200/300/400/500 the are end of corridor rooms across from the staircase where p...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It’s great to hear that you were pleased with your room and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Please let me be the first to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. We have taken your feedback seriously, and we are working with our staff to ensure that these problems do not happen again.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel has excellent customer service and is in a beautiful quiet location. It is clean and also offers a delicious breakfast. If you would like to take a walk or jog it is right in a rural setting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that you got to try our breakfast, and were able to take advantage of our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.