“Very hidden gem!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Proud to have been recommended in "Where to Eat in Canada" for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Located in the basement of an office building in an industrial park it was only because of TripAdvisor we knew about this place. As a self trained cook I was curious to try a restaurant where one takes that passion and opens a business in a tough industry.

Food was very good and menu coupled with daily specials offered nice variety. Service was friendly and timely making it a good spot for a business lunch. As it is quite small, if full I suspect it could get noisy.

Is non licensed but corkage is very reasonable at $5 if you bring your own wine for dinner service.

Glad we tried it and will definitely return when next in town.

3  Thank Sparky026

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Chefs Bistro is an absolute gem. The owners, Wayne and Joan always have a warm greeting for their clients. They are both creative in their venue choices and the menu and food quality is second to none. I live in Toronto and have been able to enjoy the restaurant scene for many years. I must say, when I am able to spend time in Caissie Cape at my summer home, I make a point of visiting the Chefs Bistro often.. The ambiance is lovely....warm and inviting. The food is creative and delicious....at a very reasonable cost. I have had the pleasure of taking clients and friends to the Chefs Bistro. i have heard nothing but raving reports. Try the Chefs Bistro. No doubt in my mind......you will return. Pat

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were very impressed with this wonderful Bistro! The food was fantastic! Too bad the bathroom isn't handicap accessible :-(

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I've heard about this hidden gem for months and finally got to try it on Friday evening. This intimate little place is open during weekdays and is only open only on Friday evening for supper. What a treat. as soon as we arrived, we noticed the wonderful aroma of something sweet in the air. The polite server announce that if we wanted desert later on, the home-made berry filled bread pudding was cooking. After that, we we give the choice of two evening specials for that Friday evening. One was a shrimp and seafood dish served over a hollowed out baked potato (+/- $ 15) while the other was a marinated steak (+/- $ 15). We tried both at our table as well as the "Legendary" salad as an appetizer and were blown away. Absolutely wonderful and fresh taste with mandarin oranges and pecans. Then our main courses arrived. Both choices were bargains as to the costs and the flavors were perfectly appointed. Then we finished off with deserts and coffees and our noses had not misled us. A great end to a wonderful meal. Koodo's to the chef and staff.

3  Thank monctontom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The food was delicious, the restaurant was beautiful and the service couldn't have been any better.

2  Thank Take-out Q