“Like something out of a horror film”

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My mother and I booked a room here the building was in such bad shape and so outdated. I DO NOT know where all these positive reviews came from, shocking really. I can appreciate the review that called it: 'The hotel that time forgot'. The towels had holes, the shower suddenly changed from freezing to scalding to even more scalding, the furniture was older than me, the STOVE (?) looked like it was ready to catch on fire, and the toaster DID catch on fire. I thought we were going to find a drugged out squatter in the room we booked(which did NOT look like any of the google photos!) We were just happy to get out of there alive and without bedbugs

NOW let's get to the Service! We booked online for 2 bed since there were 2 of us... when we arrived they had us in a single. Man at the front desk informed us they had no more doubles. We insisted on 2 beds and after he skimmed through a notebook for 10 minutes said he found us 2 beds but it was going to cost us more money than our original booking. We had the confirmation page for with us! and for 2 beds! We said screw that we're not giving you any more money and bunked together.

I have to admit, the experience had us in stitches laughing so hard at this sorry excuse for a Motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank als123456
There are newer reviews for Midtown Motel & Suites

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Midtown Motel & Suites are great value. Reception staff helpful and friendly. Furnishings a step up from basic. Bed was really comfortable. Kitchen facilities were adequate although a bit hit and miss with the crockery/utensils available (eg. no wine glasses, one glass, useless tin opener). Free WiFi is advertised but it is not reliable to be able to connect to.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at the Midtown, and was completely satisfied with my stay. The manager June and the rest of the staff were very helpful and extremely accommodating to all of our needs. I was honestly pretty blown away when I walked in the room and found it surprisingly huge, with several different areas including a kitchenette, a living room with full couch and a small sunroom with a kitchen table and a desk in the front. The location is wonderful, just a stone's throw from the Laundromat Espresso Bar and La Louche cafe, as well as the new Sobeys and liquor store, and a short walk to the heart of Main Street. We felt very very comfortable in the room, and could have stayed for much longer. Spacious, clean and affordable. An ideal choice for a short visit or a lengthy stay.

Room Tip: Front suite facing the road has great natural light, and a great view from the bed :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at this family owned motel while in Moncton. The management and staff went out of their way to accomodate my needs. I will return to this motel when I return to Moncton in february. There is a grocery store a short walk from the motel and was able to use the complimentary kitchenette and dishes etc to have breakfast and lunch in the room. Felt so comfortable not to be in a cookie cutter style high rise hotel. The rates were reasonable and the motel is located in a residential area a short walk to downtown.The lounge was never open when I was there but the facilities were available.

Room Tip: there are a variety of rooms to chose from at this hotel. single roons, double with kitchen or even...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have been here with my boyfriend, was pleased, the service was good we checked in at night time and had a few questions tho english was hard to communicate with the person at the reception. We had a room on the bottom floor, it was very noisy so this is a lesson to pick a room on the top floor next time. Very easy to find and very close to everything

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great price just down town .we will be back for sure.just a few min walk from bar and food bus stop just a few min walk to bus stop, bar's and restaurants. It was nice and hot when we walk in. Beds was really good had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mikalise
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Staff are very friendly, and they are really helpful with everything (Especially the manager Jude). I felt like i was staying home, he treated us very nicely. rooms are really big, had enough space to put our stuff and to play for my kids. we really love to stay again there, i would recommended this motel for my family and friends.
On the other hand, i saw only few bad reviews about this motel and i was scare to stay there too, BUT once i checked in i found that some nonsense people like to give bad reviews . those people never get satisfied with anything, they only want big palaces to stay with less money ;) ( what a losers!!)
Anyways, i really love to come back next year too. GREAT JOB JUDE, KEEP IT UP!!!!

Frank

Room Tip: corner suites are large and quieter!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family