“Lovely place right downtown” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midtown Motel & Suites

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
“Lovely place right downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a bargain and a hidden gem. The owner is delightful, helpful and friendly. So nice to stay in a place where the business is appreciated. The room was clean, fresh and well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. And the location is quiet. Great value for money, especially as a stopover. The rooms have microwave and fridge and the owner offered us coffee in the morning. Really a pleasure to stay here. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snowba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The front desk manager tried to scam myself and our party by not waving the 200 dollar pre authorization fee. 14 days after staying at the midtown I noticed the 200 dollar charge still appeared on my card. Once I called the office the manager pretended to not speak english. I called again a week later and the manager said he had called me 7 times and was going to call me again and wave the fee. Neither happened and the Credit card company and police are now involved. Also saw the biggest cochroach ever in the room! 0/5, would rather sleep in the car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
sam n, General Manager at Midtown Motel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Very sorry for the mistake. We are not trying to take your money, but upon checking we realized my staff charged your credit card instead of pre-authorize (pre-auth). If this had been a pre-auth I would have been able to refund the money without you present or the credit card number, but since my staff made the mistake of charging your credit card, I needed your card number in order to refund the money.
Since you checked out on May 31/2014 I called you many times in order to contact you at the number you gave us, but it was a wrong number and I had absolutely no other way to contact you. When you called us again and gave us your card number, I refunded the balance to your credit card while you were on the phone and gave you the trace number.
As Midtown Motel & Suites we try our best to satisfy our guests, and I will make sure this type of mistake will not happen again.

I have the pest control company come and inspect the rooms every month, so as far as I know we do not have cockroaches in the rooms.

My sincere apologies again. Please give us one more chance and stay with us again.

Jude Anthonipillai
Wilton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed from June 6th - 10th. Our room had two queen beds, which lets us fully spread out. I'm using the desk for my reviews, lots of electrical plugs for all our plug ins. The refrigerator has a small freezer section keeping our water frozen for our cold food items. We had really heavy rain and just keeping the windows closed kept us warm. Then finally Sun-Mon were nd warm and the A/C, just a bit noisy, kept us quite comfortable as well. Our main goal in this area was to see the effects of the bay of Fundy on the coast and interior. The Bore that rolls up most days was worth it. Easy drive to Hopewell Rocks. I think the owner, Jude Anthonipillai, is looking into taking people in his large van to see some of the great sights. He was very helpful and friendly. The carpet is in good shape. The water pressure and hot water were surprising, and lovely! We had a sink as well as the micro, coffee maker and fridge and made all our meals here. Right now being a US traveler is working for us as the US$ is slightly stronger right now. It's a group of good size towns that combine to be quite an area. There are about six ancient churches on Queen St (which is an excellent bypass from Main St, which was always packed). There's a Costco near here! Wow. We totally enjoyed our stay and appreciate the general hospitality of all the folks we met.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruthandvern
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were 3 guys going away on a business trip, stumbled across this gem of a place. We were looking for 3 beds and a kitchen to help with our budget. We were offered a suit with 3 beds and a full kitchen as well as a dining/living area at a very reasonable price. We would highly recommend this place to all we come in contact with.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jay D
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you're looking for modern with all the conveniences, this isn't the place for you. That being said, if you don't mind older rooms and furnishings with the basics, this motel is definitely the one to choose. I was given a suite for a very small extra fee - well worth it, almost like an apartment in itself. The only disappointment I had was being transferred to a smaller room during my second week and being under running children. The beds allow for a great sleep, the owners are very friendly and eager to please. Will be my choice for all my visits to Moncton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Suzanne D
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The wife and I, on a whim decided to get in the car, leave Toronto and head east to see what all the fuss was about. After leaving Montreal, and passing through Quebec City, we arrived at about 11:30pm in the City of Moncton. After trying several places that were closed, we called this motel and they picked up!

The room we stayed in was very large, extremely clean and it felt like a stay in a much more expensive hotel. It was equipped with a sitting area w/ 2 seater sofa bed, coffee table, office table and chair, kitchenette area with bar fridge, coffee maker, microwave, toaster and cutlery. The large KING! size bed they had was extremely comfortable. In addition, the t.v. had a great selection of channels and wifi was available. The motel also had a bar located next to the main office which served liquor, but I didn't get to check it out. The manager/owner let is stay past check out time, which was an extra bonus! After staying two nights here, we headed out to Nova Scotia and on our way back to Toronto, we spent another great night here.

In short, I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I stayed in two rooms, one on the ground floor the first two nights and one on the 2nd floor the 3rd...