“Very helpful staff, great nights rest”

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Sudbury, Canada
“Very helpful staff, great nights rest”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here for one night on our Maritime vacation.

The owners are very helpful, and nice. We had a lower level room which was nice to pull up right in front and unload.

The area was quiet an provided a great nights sleep.

I was happy to see laundry facilities and for $2 it dried all our towels and suits from a day at the water park really well.

Great budget Motel.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are nice to park right at your door.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SHS818

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

While planning a train trip from Halifax to Moncton, I had to find us place to stay. I searched through travel sites and Tripadvisor looking for something reasonably priced, within walking distance of the train station, local restaurants and attractions. After reading several reviews for the Midtown I booked it.

We weren't disappointed. The reviews did it justice.

We booked a king suite (Room 101). The room was large and had everything you would need for any duration of a stay. Nice sized bedroom, fully stocked (with dishes and appliances) kitchen, sitting area, eating area, clean bathroom and a writing space. The room was clean and the bed comfy.

We had no issues with noise whatsoever and I am a very light sleeper.

The owner was very acommodating, pleasant and just seemed to us to be a really nice guy.

This place delivers on what is expected if you check out their website and the reviews.

We had to do a $200.00 preauthorization for the room (this info is on the website) and then he credits back whatever you do not use of the preauthorization.

The owner also provided us with shuttle service to the Casino, which we were able to charge to our room. He was very friendly, I really can't say enough about the impression he left on us.

We peaked in another regular room and it too looked very nice.

There is a lounge onsite, but we didn't have a chance to check it out. There was also free wifi, which was great.

I really enjoyed our visit and would both recommend the Midtown Motel & Suites, and return for another visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nslisa
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our 2-nights at Midtown Motel & Suites was part of our 2-week trip through the Maritimes - my wife, 19-month old daughter and myself. As mentioned in other posts, the owner was very friendly and helpful. Our room was large - assume most others the same. Nice sized kitchen and fridge. The owner said all the upper level suites were recently redone/renovated. We were in a lower level suite which suited us just fine. All-in-all, it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Azevedo_Chris
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a bargain and a hidden gem. The owner is delightful, helpful and friendly. So nice to stay in a place where the business is appreciated. The room was clean, fresh and well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. And the location is quiet. Great value for money, especially as a stopover. The rooms have microwave and fridge and the owner offered us coffee in the morning. Really a pleasure to stay here. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snowba
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The front desk manager tried to scam myself and our party by not waving the 200 dollar pre authorization fee. 14 days after staying at the midtown I noticed the 200 dollar charge still appeared on my card. Once I called the office the manager pretended to not speak english. I called again a week later and the manager said he had called me 7 times and was going to call me again and wave the fee. Neither happened and the Credit card company and police are now involved. Also saw the biggest cochroach ever in the room! 0/5, would rather sleep in the car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
sam n, General Manager at Midtown Motel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Very sorry for the mistake. We are not trying to take your money, but upon checking we realized my staff charged your credit card instead of pre-authorize (pre-auth). If this had been a pre-auth I would have been able to refund the money without you present or the credit card number, but since my staff made the mistake of charging your credit card, I needed your card number in order to refund the money.
Since you checked out on May 31/2014 I called you many times in order to contact you at the number you gave us, but it was a wrong number and I had absolutely no other way to contact you. When you called us again and gave us your card number, I refunded the balance to your credit card while you were on the phone and gave you the trace number.
As Midtown Motel & Suites we try our best to satisfy our guests, and I will make sure this type of mistake will not happen again.

I have the pest control company come and inspect the rooms every month, so as far as I know we do not have cockroaches in the rooms.

My sincere apologies again. Please give us one more chance and stay with us again.

Jude Anthonipillai
Wilton, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed from June 6th - 10th. Our room had two queen beds, which lets us fully spread out. I'm using the desk for my reviews, lots of electrical plugs for all our plug ins. The refrigerator has a small freezer section keeping our water frozen for our cold food items. We had really heavy rain and just keeping the windows closed kept us warm. Then finally Sun-Mon were nd warm and the A/C, just a bit noisy, kept us quite comfortable as well. Our main goal in this area was to see the effects of the bay of Fundy on the coast and interior. The Bore that rolls up most days was worth it. Easy drive to Hopewell Rocks. I think the owner, Jude Anthonipillai, is looking into taking people in his large van to see some of the great sights. He was very helpful and friendly. The carpet is in good shape. The water pressure and hot water were surprising, and lovely! We had a sink as well as the micro, coffee maker and fridge and made all our meals here. Right now being a US traveler is working for us as the US$ is slightly stronger right now. It's a group of good size towns that combine to be quite an area. There are about six ancient churches on Queen St (which is an excellent bypass from Main St, which was always packed). There's a Costco near here! Wow. We totally enjoyed our stay and appreciate the general hospitality of all the folks we met.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruthandvern
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were 3 guys going away on a business trip, stumbled across this gem of a place. We were looking for 3 beds and a kitchen to help with our budget. We were offered a suit with 3 beds and a full kitchen as well as a dining/living area at a very reasonable price. We would highly recommend this place to all we come in contact with.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business