“A great B & B in the heart of downtown Moncton”

Downtown Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Moncton B&B and Inns
Fredericton, Canada
“A great B & B in the heart of downtown Moncton”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at this establishment for two nights on business while attending a conference at the nearby Delta. That hotel is nice, but its prices were much higher than I wanted to pay. The Downtown B & B was a great alternative, as it was less than five minutes away from the Delta on foot, and about half the price.

The house itself is over one hundred years old and has a lot of character, which I really appreciated. My room was large, comfortable, and had three big windows which made it nice and bright. The room was as described, and the pictures shown on the web site are very representative of what you will actually experience at the B & B. In spite of being very close to downtown (i.e. many restaurants and bars), I did not notice any street noise or overnight rowdiness. The bathroom on the second floor is shared, but I had the whole place to myself for those two days, so there were no issues associated with that.

Though the physical environs were great, the best part of my stay were the hosts, Linda (the owner), and Murphy and Lucy (the resident cat and dog). Linda was attentive, accommodating, engaging, and made me feel right at home. I enjoyed the wide-ranging conversation over breakfast, and found myself chatting Linda's ear off, even though I'm normally a fairly quiet person (especially before being caffeinated). Murphy and Lucy were also lovely, and a welcome sight for a pet owner away from his or her own furry family. They were quiet, clean, and very well behaved, so even if you're not really a pet person, I wouldn't let their presence stop you from staying here. If you *are* a pet person, they're a total bonus.

Finally, I found that the breakfast was great and much preferred it to the alternatives provided at my conference at the Delta. I enjoyed two different kinds of French toast (I also had a pancake option), fresh fruit, and lots of coffee.

I'm planning a trip to Moncton this fall and hope to stay at the Downtown B & B again. Thanks to Linda, Murphy, and Lucy for making my stay in Moncton a great one. I've stayed in a lot of B & B's throughout the Maritimes and New England, and I would definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Askjacat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and me find this beautiful B&B with our GARMIN GPS.

We arrived mid of May 2012 and were really overwhelmed.
Linda is a really nice lady, who provided an amazing breakfast.
I would say the best we have ever had, although we are vegetarians.

She gave us also a good advice for real good veggie restaurant across the street,
were we have taken our dinner the evening before.

All rooms are on the first floor and very nice supplied with furniture and a lot of cutie things.
Her cat Murphy and her dog Lucy were our friends from the first moment we have entered this house.
We would like to say Thank you Linda, also for the supplies for travel!

This B&B is every penny worth!

All the best Silvia & Ralf

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom H
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a very centrally located B&B walking distance to downtown Moncton. The host (Linda) is really welcoming and prepares delicious breakfast which is different every day, from banana bread, to scones, to omelettes and apple crisp etc. The rooms are spacious, quite basic and the house has a lot of character. My husband and I rented the upstairs suite which is really private, quiet and has its own bathroom. We highly recommend this B&B for its proximity to downtown and its lovely host.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovingsunshine
Sitka
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Clean, With friendly proprietor, very basic accommodations but within walking distance of several good restaurants. Four rooms to one upstairs bath, price a little high for the quality.

• Stayed October 2011
Downtownbnbcom, Owner at Downtown Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
If I may, I would also like to clear up a misconception, that there are four bedrooms sharing one bathroom. It most definitely is a shared bath on the second floor, however, there are two bathrooms. I have put robes in the rooms for the comfort of the guests because of this. It is a heritage property which to some is the appeal. I would like to explain some of the costing, the reservation that was made was via on line booking service is 15% of the total per night, the tax is 13% of the total, and the credit card used takes another 4%, if there is no chip or rewards program involved. That is up to 32% of the total off the top before my other expenses. Breakfast was included in the price.
There is a room on the third floor, which is a suite, which can be reserved at a higher cost. It includes a private bathroom complete with Jacuzzi tub, private living room etc.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My friend and I visited Moncton in April of 2011. It was our last night after a wonderful trip around the the East Coast. We had an amazing time with Linda and very much enjoyed our stay at this very spacious and beautiful B&B. Not only did Linda give us wonderful advice on where to visit for dinner and drinks, but she also made us the most amazing breakfast we could have hoped for. I have particular dietary restrictions and Linda was very accommodating. The food was wonderful and it was definitely more food than we could have asked for!
Both my friend and I would very much recommend this B&B to anyone looking to experience downtown Moncton. Great location and within walking distance to the main street.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2010

It's a big house, Linda (the owner) is a really nice lady, who is trying her best for her clients. She has two wonderful pets - a dog and a cat who are always around and very sociable. It's fairly clean, the rooms are quite big and Linda cooks a big breakfast for her guests. The only big disappointment is a shared bathroom, fairly clean though.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MontrealIkra
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed one night enroute to PEI. Having got off the sleeper train from Montreal I decided to walk to the b&b (15 min stroll)

A lovely welcome and a great room awaited. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for Linda and I felt very comfortable here

The bed was so comfortable just what was needed after the journey and breakfast around a large dining table where all the guests sat was great as meant guests chatted to one another :-)

The only reason I have scored a 4 on value is because of guests sharing the bathroom - my pet hate particularly as a solo female traveller. However that said it was clean, Hairdryer etc provided and clean towels for my use in my room

Would definately stay here again and very easy access to the main street,Arcadia bus station only 2 blocks away and a great veggie restaurant across the street

• Stayed September 2010