“Wonderful staff!!”

Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Friends and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a sports event. The room was spacious and comfortable. We were out most of the time, so we didn't get a chance to try out the pool or any of the other amenities the hotel has to offer. Parking is free (I found the parking lot spaces were much better to use in terms of ease of access from the road), and the location at the west end of downtown is good.

I primarily chose this hotel because of its pet-friendly policy, and I have to give my most sincere thanks to the wonderful staff who took care of my dog. He wasn't too happy to be in the kennel while I was out, so the concierges, front desk staff, and security guard kept him by their side, took him for walks (I believe he did a few security rounds!), and gave him a toy to bring home. Thank you all so much for the great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank miss_celo
CPMoncton, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

miss_celo, thanks for your wonderful review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our staff were absolutely delighted to keep your dog company! It brings us great joy when the WHOLE family can enjoy vacation! We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a recent business convention in November 2013. My first issue was that our group rate was the same as the regular rate (though I believe that blame falls on my company's event organizer and their lack of negotiating that that of the hotel itself). The meeting area was good; it was clean and well equipped, and the staff did an exception job attending the beverages/lunches and cleaning up. My three interactions with staff was very pleasant, with all actively engaging me in pleasant conversation. My room, which was on the third floor, was generally clean however there was a large stain on the rug in the center of the room. The bed provided a very nice sleep and I had no issue/concern with the cleanliness of the bed and/or linen. I heard almost no noise from exterior of the room. The bathroom was also clean as well as bright and well stocked. While there was plenty of hot water, the pressure from the shower head was poor (no issue with the pressure from the faucets - need new shower heads?). One downfall might be that the bathroom offers no ventilation fan. The in-room internet (wired/wifi) was very good!! The hotel offers onsite fitness rooms, pool with hot tub and an enclosed parking garage. Plus, an onsite barber shop for those of us guys in need of a hair cut before the big meeting. Yes, the hotel is older and I have stayed at the hotel when it operated under different flags. While the hotel's age does pop up here and there, the Crowne Plaza group has done a very good job maintaining the hotel, plus the renovations over the years has certainly helped this hotel keep with industry trends and expectations. I would have no issue returning to this hotel in the future. Many thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank StandingRoom
CPMoncton, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again. I will share your recommendations with our team. Safe Travels

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I called to book as part of a convention who blocked out rooms at the hotel, they said those rooms were full but I booked in anyway at the full rate. I called to cancel and they ended up giving me the rate to keep me. (why not just give the rate to begin with) ..but they apologized and were confused as to why i wasn't just given the rate. who knows... but I'm glad I stayed because the place was great! I even got a huge room with two queen beds, even though I said one queen was fine. The staff were so friendly and helpful and there was plenty of parking and it was a great location. It was very quiet. We ordered room service and it was delicious, the beds were very very comfortable and the room and the bathroom were huge. It was walking distance to pretty much anything we could want downtown. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CPMoncton, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

beckzmaru, thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you experienced some trouble in booking your room. We'll look into why that mix-up occurred. It's great to hear that your overall experience at the hotel was great! Glad that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and that you appreciated the friendly service. It's also great to hear that you took advantage of the location and that you checked downtown Moncton out! Thanks again for your review and we appreciate your recommendations!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a central location - close to many pubs and eating establishments. staff was courteous and helpful with maps and rental cars --- call the National Rent A Car office not far from the motel and save some moey over the airport locations -- the weekend rates were fantastic

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CPMoncton, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Larry S, thank you for your fantastic review! We're so glad you enjoyed your first trip to the Maritimes! It sounds like you got to experience local Moncton, with the downtown restaurants and pubs. It's great to hear that you found the staff to be courteous and helpful. We hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I found this hotel to be worn-out, tired and in desperate need of a complete renovation. The staff seems very pleasant, but I don’t think anyone can clean out the imbedded dirt and stains at this point. The beds are really nothing fantastic and to make it worse, my room smelled musty. If I had a choice between going back and sleeping in my car, I’d take the car. It is in a good location, but I can’t really write anything else positive about this hotel. I will be heading back through the Maritimes for business next month and I will definitely not be staying at the Crowne Plaza again. Yuck.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CPMoncton, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Prof_Stone, thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our team have been notified of your issue with the room and it will be rectified. We strive to maintain a friendly and welcoming environment for our guests and we're glad you were pleased with the service.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in mid Sepember 2013. There were many great things for this hotel such as the location as you are walking distance to both coffee shops and restaurants. Although the hotel restaurant is convenient and the food is good we only stayed for breakfast.
My room was large, quiet and the most comfortable beds I have enjoyed. The bathroom was nice.
The front desk staff were really friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

There were only 2 minor things that prevented an "excellent" rating. One the pool was a little small if there were ten people. Also, being a swimmer wanted to swim my lengths but the line was hooked dividing the shallow end from the deep end. IF the hook was not there then no problem. However, I had to watch my head doing my lengths and then go underneath the line to continue swimming which can be annoying to have a good workout.
Secondly, while they have an underground garage for parking you still have to walk a good distance with your (heavy) luggage. If one was disabled or walking with a cane this could be a challenge. Therefore, an elevator by the parking like other top hotels would help a lot.
All in all, I would definitely go back to this hotel if I returned for another trip to the Maritimes!.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room and you will not regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CPMoncton, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Ed S, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you were able to experience downtown, local Moncton. It's also great to hear that you enjoyed the spacious room and the friendly staff! We appreciate your comment about the pool. That certainly is something we can consider assessing, in terms of the line that divides the pool. Also thank you for the comment about the accessibility of the parking garage.

I hope your journey home was good and we would love to welcome you back if you visit the Maritimes again!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff are exceptional! I was greeted by Nadja Uriyo every time I walked in and she remembered my name each time after my initial check-in. She made me feel welcome and pampered. Julien Jans was very friendly and we chatted at my check-out time. He made me feel as if I were leaving new found friends. Derek Leblanc, the concierge, was always there for help and assistance, and again, I was always greeted by name and with a wonderful smile. I knew that all I had to do was ask and he would be there to assist me. It was a comfortable stay in all aspects, but the staff's attentiveness was remarkable. Good Job!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

TheBijOu, thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're thrilled to hear that our staff made you feel welcomed and like a friend! Thank you for remembering the names of our staff and personally recognizing their job well done! We appreciate that and we'll make sure Nadja, Julien, and Derek are all applauded for their great service they delivered.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown!