“Fantastic Staff”

Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown during a business trip and cannot say enough words of how professional, friendly and accommodating their staff were. The rooms are good and clean, the lobby has been recently renovated and they have a decent gym. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers and families.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fernanda C
Sean M, Concierge at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! At the Crowne Plaza Moncton we strive to make every stay a great one and I'm glad you enjoyed the renovations we've made to the lobby. And we are very proud of our staff team and the wonderful service they provide.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel as there was a decent deal on and I wanted to be downtown. On arrival I was told that the parade was being demolished and I had to park across the street, for which the hotel charged me.they made a comment that there was security - a lady sitting in a trailer doesn't really count as security to me ! To top it all I was charged by the hotel to park there, which I found a bit insulting especially given the relative inconvenience of having to carry my luggage across the street and into the hotel.

The room so ten hotel are find. The one I had was clean, comfortable and very spacious. The gym was very small, but when I went in there was only 1 other person so it was OK. I suspect the reason for this is that the hotel seemed very quiet. When I went down for dinner they had closed the restaurant for the evening (it was 8.45pm) but they did offer to allow me to have food in the bar. Well I was in there for about 90 minutes and I was the only person there ! I like a bit of atmosphere when I'm in a restaurant - this place didn't have it, and the food was not particularly good.

To summaries, the rooms were fine, location is OK. The restaurant / bar was very disappointing and management nickel and dime when the parking should be free because of the inconvenience. There are much better places to stay in Moncton

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark H

Thank you for your review. 2014 has been a big year for renovations at the hotel and this has caused a few disruptions for the hotel and guests alike. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. With the parking lot renovations coming to a close, I hope that you'll come and try us out again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 121 and this was a good size room. Friends were in 123, and this room was huge. Other rooms we had seen were also quite spacious. And when you book a room, make sure get the buffet breakfast added to your room, it is incredible. Well worth the few extra dollars.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Oranje2012

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the buffet breakfast, it is quite extensive! I hope that you'll be able to come back and stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Moncton soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were only there for one night. Room had two queen beds but was very small, burn marks on the carpet and a little dated. It also looked out over a rooftop and at one point two workmen surprised us by walking by the window! That was a little unsettling. One of three elevators was being repaired which made things a little slow. Parking was across the street in the mall parking lot. I'm not sure if they've straightened out the incorrect charges on my credit card yet. Quality did not match the price.

Room Tip: Stay off the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon155023

Thanks so much for your comments. Rest assured we do value the feedback. 2014 has been a transition year for us with many different renovations phases happening. The renovations are drawing to a close and we would love to have you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, right downtown Moncton. The rooms are nice and clean, they come with a fridge and a microwave. The beds are comfy. I found the elevators very slow though. But this is definitely a good choice to stay in Moncton.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for the great review! I can see that you've stayed in a lot of different places and that you have made plenty of reviews of hotels, so we really appreciate your glowing remarks. We have had some renovations taking place in the hotel which include the elevators, so those will be brand new for your next stay with us! Thanks for staying at the Crowne Plaza Moncton!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night so I could attend a school meeting. The hotel is in a great location, right on Main Street in downtown. We were able to walk down the street and had a lot of different restaurants to choose from. The front desk staff did their job but didn't seem overly welcoming. I read online that the hotel charges $10/day for parking, which I wasn't thrilled about, however, they had recently torn down their parking garage and we were able to park across the street for free which was great. The room was nice; clean, well decorated and very big for a standard hotel room. My only complaints about the room are that the beds were too hard and there was a minor musty smell in the bathroom. Overall, we did enjoy what little time we spent here, and would more than likely stay here for any future stays in Moncton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments! Your comments regarding the staff have been addressed to Management and will be used for coaching purposes. 2014 has been a busy year for the hotel with many renovations happening for us, I apologize for any inconvenience that it caused during your stay. I'm glad you'll be coming back to stay with us again at the Crowne Plaza Downtown in the future. We look forward to having you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed three nights the front desk had all the answers to my questions and were very helpful. Each time I returned they would welcome you. The rooms were spacious, clean, it was very quiet. ]The only down side was the price I paid included breakfast and I only found out about it on the last day other wise great place.

Room Tip: Stay here you will like it and many things to do near by.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi there! Thanks for the wonderful review! I'll be sure to pass along your comments to the front desk agents about their helpfulness and also to be sure to let people know when they have breakfast! We looking forward to having you come stay at the Crowne Plaza Moncton again soon!