“Five star based on price and location”
Review of Rodd Moncton Hotel

Rodd Moncton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are going there and not expecting a five star hotel you will be happy. Great renovations, great free breakfast, great location and walking to all Main Street pubs and stores. I love to wake I early and go for a run in a new city and there is a nice bike/ running path next to hotel along a river. Two thumbs up. If you are going in any season other then summer it has no pool as it is outside"...............
....".....................

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown, river front location as well as our renovations. We look forward to your return visit with us!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Seems to have been recently renovated. Our room was spotless and nicely decorated. Beds and pillows were wonderful. There was a large flat screen TV, microwave and Keurig coffee maker in the room. We had a beautiful view of the river with windows that actually opened. The buffet breakfast was very good, offering something for everyone (hot and cold). Staff were all friendly and very helpful. This location is perfect - right on the river, beside a park and within walking of several good restaurants and easy to get to many shopping areas. Two that we enjoyed were Pastalli and Pisces. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed our renovations, including the Simmons Beauty Rest beds. Our staff truly do take pride in the service they provide to our guests, and I will be certain to pass your comments along. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed in this Rodd for a night which was a let down compared to other Rodd hotels. It is basically an old run down hotel which was half renovated. They painted and have new beds and vanities. The rest is still in rough shape including rusty shower heads, water stained walls and original tile. Ok for a quick place to crash but not all that great overall.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KentBT

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am very sorry to hear of that your stay was not satisfactory. I will have our maintenance team review the areas you mentioned immediately. Rodd Hotels & Resorts takes pride in offering something for everyone, from city locations to beach & golf resorts. We value your business and hope that you choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was having my Bachelorette in Moncton and decided to stay at the Rodd…I booked a room with 2 queen beds cause we were 4 staying there. One of the things that really upset me is that when we came back that night we walk in and got into the elevator now I will admit we were a little bit loud in the lobby, I notice that the security guard was sitting there (the reason I knew it was security is cause I seen him at the same spot when we left that evening). Our room was right by the elevator . We got into the room and we were maybe in the room 5 minutes whiten the 5 minutes I called for delivery, as soon as I hung up the phone there was a knock on the door, my friend answered and it was security (but did not introduce himself as security) he ask for me, my friend did not know who he was. I got to the door and he ask me to step out for a second again not telling me who he was (but I had recognized him) that’s why I step out of the room, he then ask my friend to shut the door she hesitated but I nodded cause again I recognized him, still no introduction. Once the door was close he proceeded to tell me that someone had made a complaint that we were to loud and that he came up as courtesy to give me a warning and that if they got another complaint that I would have to pay for that person’s room. (Now I was always under the impression if you’re that noisy they kick you out, but hey maybe the rules changed), then he proceeded to ask me if I was able to get a hold of someone for delivery, which was odd cause I was not talking loud when I placed the order.
The next morning when I went to check out I wanted to speak with a manager but it being the week end and all there was none on site, so I ask for the supervisor he said we don’t really have one of them either, when I gave the guy an odd look cause there was not supervisor he was like well wait we kind of have one, A lady showed up and introduced herself to be the supervisor for housekeeping, I explained to her what had happen and I also wrote it down on those cards they leave in the room for review with my contact info, she proceeded to apologize and explained to me she was not sure on all the rules and regulation around the issue of how Security goes about speak with guess and if the guess has to pay for someone else’s room. She assured me that she was going to pass it on to the manager and someone will be in contact with me, it has been 3 weeks and no one contacted me. Now for the record the Housekeeping supervisor, was very polite and generally seem like she wanted to help me.
And the only reason I’m writing this review is because I don’t think that security should ask a guess to step out of their room at 230 in the morning and ask them to close the door behind them, without even having a formal introduction…ITS WRONG AND DANGEROUS…

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Awesome1983
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate hearing feedback from all our guests as it helps us improve our services.
As a hotel we do our best to ensure all of our guests receive the best experience possible, including a well rested night’s sleep.
It is certainly difficult when situations like this occur, and as in your case, we were required to address the need to abide quiet time. I have reviewed your feedback and I assure you I have followed up with your concerns to our security team.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel has obviously been remodeled and looks and feels like it has been pieced together. Our room was on the second floor. We had to walk down the hall, up a step and our room was in an alcove with 2 other rooms. First impression was "this is a little weird" however, when we went in the room, that changed. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had slept on in a long time! We had a refrigerator and microwave, a Keurig coffee maker and bottled water (to purchase). We were located right next to the Tidal Bore Park and easy walking distance to downtown. The breakfast included hot items such as eggs, not just the usual cereal,yogurt etc. If we are ever back in Moncton, we would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travlingirl59

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our new Simmons Beauty Rest beds, breakfast and our convenient downtown location. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights and it was a delightful place to stay. We were there two night and the service was impeccable, check in and out professional while our room was superb. Located in downtown we could walk to all sorts of great restaurants, stroll the river (the surge was a bust for us), and get to any place in minutes. If doentown is your objective stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chip1978

We appreciate your candid feedback. I will certainly pass your comments along to our team, who truly take pride in the service our guests receive. Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel has had a refit but it was disappointing - it felt that someone had run out of steam half way through the project. For example we had a new bathroom but the piping was all old, rusted and wobbly. Breakfast was average. The staff were nice and helpful. I may look to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LondonHarvey

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Receiving feedback such as yours gives us an opportunity to continuously improve our services. I am pleased that our staff were able to provide you with friendly helpful service. We value your business and do hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.