“Gross!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
Dieppe, Canada
“Gross!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

This Hotel was by far the WORSE hotel i've ever stayed at.. save your money and go some where else.. the hotel was dirty and full of ear wigs which i didnt notice till the next morning i had a bottle of juice and i was half asleep and dry and sipped an ear wig !! i screamed and spit everywhere ... I would never stay there ever again!! deserves a 0!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Melly1986

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was very unsatisfied with the cleanliness of this hotel. there was chest hair, dog hair and hair all over the bed sheets and bedding including the comforter.

The pillows were extremely flat and stained yellow. Mattress very uncomfortable.
When I asked front desk for new bedding and pillows, the sheet only were changed.

The bathroom was not cleaned properly. it had hair from previous customers. Bathroom was falling apart. the shower curtain was so dirty it was stained pink.

the windows here so old they had a major draft coming from them.

carpet was not clean

i will not stay here again

Room Tip: rooms are dirty
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mmmclean m

Travellers are raving about these Moncton hotels

Dieppe, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

filth, disgust and over all poor work enviroment I have seen many things that many of you probably would never even speak of let alone sleep in the next room from...pretty serious stuff... not to mention the mold and other toxic health issues (RATS in the walls AND PIGEON FECES outside windows) that are present in the place...pay the extra money...keep your family safe...all I can say is you NEVER know who stayed in that room or what went on the night before...or even hours before. I would NOT send my worst enemy here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank BeenThere0680
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Old style motel. It was full of flies and bugs under the bed and on the carpets. Bed sheets were full of other people's hairs. It seemed like it was changed. Mattress very uncomfortable. Bathroom was falling apart. The shower had dead flies stuck on the top. Weird bikers and truck drivers hang out making noise. I was afraid to leave my car outside. I also kept hearing the train pass by during the night. Breakfast was generally poor.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MF2007sal
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, so, was expecting the worst. However, we arrived to find a 'motel' that was just fine. The room was clean - yes, dated. The air conditioner worked - a bit loud. The pool was nice - the slide was fun (it needs a repair), but, it works. The bathroom was fine - it is small but, it's fine. I would say the Econo Lodge is fine. It's not fancy or up-to-date - but, it's $60 - $80 or more per night less expensive than other hotels nearby. I think people who set realistic expectations for an Econo Lodge won't be disappointed - or overly excited.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank spfam7
Charlottetown, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

To make a long story short I went to Moncton to purchase a car, I saved over 5000$ just to drive to Moncton so on the way down there the wife and I though why not try this place out. Since it was an Econo Lodge we figured the price would be fair and which it was. Big mistake I wish I would have knew this website was around before I booked this room. For another 30$ i could have had a nice room at the Holiday Inn.
The room had a foul odor that reminded me of a dirty smell. there was two bugs ear wigs crawling on the carpet and the bathroom was the same. Stains all over the floors and the carpet was also wet.. So without any more say I went to the front desk and asked for my money back and they said no. That I would have to speak to the manager tomorrow and I said I am not saying here.. The guy there stated I would still be charged and I told him no I wont be. I called my credit card company and they stoped the payment on the room and I never got charged.. I called the manager serveral times and he never caleld back. I am guessing he does not care about his guests.. I drove down the road and stayed at the Future inn for 35$ more and it was like a palace.. be warned do not stay here .. Also there was alot of shady people out and around the hotel was even nervous to leave my new car there..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Rlynch87
Woodstock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

The manager checked us in, and not only was he rude, he blamed other employees for mistakes when he decided to up the room rate that had been previously quoted to us. Once I got to my room, the smell of smoke was overwhelming, which I thought was odd as I had requested a non smoking room. My husband promptly returned to the front desk and we were then changed to a non smoking room which actually smelled good compared to the room we had just been in. The room was small and very dated. Wall paper peeling of the walls, damage to the ceiling, stains on carpet, black mold in the bathroom, the lock on the door for joining rooms was broke. The beds were very low to the ground, and more firm than a plank of wood. I was so pleased to wake up in the morning to find 3 earwigs and a beatle in the part of the bedspread that had touched the floor. We had expected to stay two nights, but no way were we staying there another night. At check out, a very kind front desk clerk told me that our rooms had been booked as non smoking and the previous agreed upon rate had been in the notes. This tells me that the manager is riping people off for his own good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family