“Very good hotel”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
San Francisco, California
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ive been to Moncton a few times and can honestly say it's the best hotel I have stayed in Moncton. The room was fresh, clean, quiet and up-to-date. The service was excellent, friendly, helpful. Very good location in the middle of town. Less than 10 minute taxi from YQM airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights and we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel itself is nice although I do agree with oth reviewers in so much as the public areas and certain aspects of the guest rooms do need updating. However, any issues there were surrounding this were purely cosmetic. Our room was on the fifth floor and it was quite spacious. The bathroom was small but totally adequate. We didn't have breakfast included in our rate so we decided against eating at the hotel so can't really comment on this. We did use the gym and pool which we enjoyed. I thought the gym was particularly well equipped for a hotel gym. We were particularly impressed with the housekeeping staff. They made a great job of servicing the room and when we returned to pick something up from the room one morning and they were in the room they only let us in after checking our key card worked in our door. Very pleased to see they were so security conscious. Would certainly stay again and recommend.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not impressed with my stay. I asked for the 2 rooms I booked not to be near each other, they were side by side. I was assured I would have no issues with my credit card ( almost didn't have a room to stay in when I got there). In the second room I booked the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly and there was a lot of hair and dust. The front desk at night was more professional and courteous then the day time staff. Parking horrible and you have to pay. Paid a lot of money for a crappy room and most time crappy service. Thanks Delta. Next year we won't bother.

St. Stephen, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I found it extremely hard to find the entrance to the hotel,was very annoyed!!!But edna came to the rescue,we found the parking lot and she let us park in the valet parking,as we could not find a parking space,the employees made my stay for sure!!!!the way the parking is, not good,a client should not have to drive around annoyed trying to find a place to park,your employees saved your hotel!!!!

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was the second time that I stayed at the Delta in Moncton. It was simply beauiful and beyond my expecations . We had a room on the eight floor and what fabulous service with a lounge where I could relax .The complimentary breakfast was a lovely addition along with happy hour food and drinks rom 3pm to 7pm. The staff was awesome very helpful and polite.The location is perfect right downtown near all the bars etc. Nice walk to the Champlain Mall .It was like staying with family.Love it .

Room Tip: The 8th or 9th foor are lovely upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for talking about your experience on our signature club floor. Most importantly it is really nice when we make our guests feel like family as that is the main reason why we work in hospitality. A home away from home.

I hope we continue to be yours when you come back to Moncton.

Sincerely

Alex
Director of Operations
Montreal
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Second time in Moncton, and wanted to avoid Marriot`s rude service, so I booked a room at the Delta. Service is how it should be; professional, courteous and efficient. I Asked for an ironing board, and 15 seconds later, a lady knocked at my door apoligising for the troube it might have caused me, since there is suppose to be one already.

The rooms, at least the one I gotten, was old but clean and efficient, but they gave me a room with an adapted bathroom. I just hope that I didnt take someone else`s room who really needed that bathroom...

On the downside, the a/c unit is was loud, with no electronic thermostat...Could never find the right temp, There is also no safe, and the TV units could be way bigger...I also remember having to put a pillow on the office chair to avoid breaking my coccyx when working on my laptop...

I didn`t have breakfast at the hotel, so cannot comment on the food, but tried once to eat at the restaurant there, but was packed...Not that there was a lot of people, just that the restaurant`s size is not proportional to the hotel`s size...very small and gave me a claustrophobic impression. I'm sure the food would have been delicious though...

But thats not an issue, since your'e a couple of steps away from Main Street and its restaurants. On the corner of the Hotel alley, there is Cora breakfast and lunch, and a Tim Hortons litteraly in front.

A major issue that Ive got was when checking out...I wasn`t told that each time that you use the room phone, even for a local call, they charge you $1.58...I didn`t digest that one very well...So make sure to use your cellphone...

In all, solid service, but the Hotel need a serious facelift, unless you like traveling back in time, and some major clean up / renovation work at the entrance..which looks somewhat like an uninviting abandoned cul-de-sac...

Btw, the bottles of water are free, you just have to ask them at the desk. For snacks, there is chocolate bars and chips, just have to ask the front desk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. Delta Hotels is going through a major transformation and will have all of its hotels completely renovated from coast to coast by the end of 2016 and we are part of that transformation.

We work hard everyday to ensure we run a clean hotel with great service and continue to work on each room ensuring that preventative maintenance is happening in all areas.

In regards to the local calls it is common for 4 and 5 star hotels to charge connection fees for local and long distance calls. That being said when you sign up for our free loyalty program Delta Privilege, just one of the benefits included in the program is free local calls. Please check out all the details on the Delta Hotels website.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards

Alex

Director of Operations
Halifax Region, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here a few times, they have upgraded their rooms with LCD T.V. Location is great. 8th Floor Lounge staff are awesome. Pool and slide is great for the whole family.
Staff are always awesome... clean and comfy beds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family