“Our favourite Moncton restaurant”

Calactus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 266 Restaurants in Moncton
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mill Bay, Canada
“Our favourite Moncton restaurant”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We ate most of our meals in Calactus this year and last year. We discovered this excellent vegetarian restaurant last year while my daughter was competing in the Canadian National Track & Field Championships. Loved it so much we returned this summer, numerous times because the food is so good. The staff are friendly, an inviting atmosphere and they make the best brownie ever!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joanne B

Austin, Texas
“Amazing restaurant with AMAZING food!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

People who ask a vegetarian "What do you eat?" need to visit this restaurant. The food is amazing. There are many choices on the menu and everything we tried was very flavorful.

We ordered drinks. They don't have the usual 'sprite' and lemonade type stuff so kiddos went with juices. I ordered a non-alcoholic sangria to share with one. Very light and mildly sweet - full of fruits and berries. Really a hit all the way around.

My Indian inspired meal was hot...spicy hot. I ate about half of it before surrendering it to hubby who can handle more heat. This worked out perfectly because I got to taste his, too! They were both wonderful and this was the very time EVER that I wished I could handle the spice because the food was delicious.

Kiddo ordered nachos, but wasn't thrilled with the faux cheese. This was not something the restaurant could have helped...she isn't into it..yet. I had them and they were tasty - crispy and a great treat.

The decor in this restaurant is just plain fun. The colors are rich and make me think Moroccan...Bohemian....and the tables are separated from each other with curtains. The service was slow. I think because the restaurant is used to people sitting and really taking their time. That isn't the way we eat - especially with kids in tow.

A must visit, I'm sorry we only got to visit it once. I would love to have one of these down the street from me at home. Such wonderful food!!

1 Thank NatalieTanner
Westford, Massachusetts
“Surprise!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I shouldn't have been surprised, given the high reviews. But it was a surprise how good this food was. I had the Taj Mahal dinner and it was excellent. Enough that my leftovers will be todays lunch. My wife had enchiladas, also more than enough for a meal. I especially liked the pakoras. The best was an excellent desert, with an intense raspberry sauce. Service was friendly and engaged, the decor was minimalist/earthy crunchy, and overall the experience terrific.

1 Thank Peter G
Toronto, Canada
“Some Bunny loves Calactus Cafe Restaurant!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The restaurant was serene. My waiter took my order to go because closing time was just around the corner. I asked if I could at least have the soup in the restaurant and he agreed. The soup came with this delicious side of bread with butter. It was just right.

I added a ginger honey tea. One girl sitting alone was having dessert and another was enjoying a glass of wine with her book. To my knowledge, she was waiting for him. When my waiter came to check up on me, he talked to me about Acadian Day. He explained about the festival and the music. My eyes widened and I felt a song, one of fiddles and beats, rippling through my heart. In some form, I wanted to clap, skip and dance along to this tune.

He insisted that I at least have some enchilada*. It was huge! This enchilada filled the pizza box!

The enchilada is one dish I will order over and over again. In elementary school, my parents would take me to the nicest restaurant in the neighbourhood, Bloomsbury. It was at Bloomsbury that I had my first enchilada filled with olives and rice, decorated with sour cream and green onions. The top of the enchilada came to my eyeballs. Nothing could compare with Bloomsbury enchilada and I would order it every time until the restaurant closed. Sadly, nothing has every come near to that childhood moment, but at least in Calactus, I finally witnessed one half as big.

Visited August 2014
Burke, Virginia
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Not in the mood for fast food or a big meal at 9:30 PM after driving all day, we found this spot and it was perfect! The food was delicious - pizza, pasta, salads and much more. The staff was friendly and even though it was close to closing time we didn't feel rushed. The place itself was so cute and clean. We are here for 3 days and something tells me we will be back more than once!