“Enjoyed our stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Stephen, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location- close to shopping malls and easy to find. Breakfast was ample with a good selection of both hot & cold items. The service and standards were on par with other Best Western Plus hotels that I am familiar with in other locations. My friends and I enjoyed our stay and have no complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Joanne R
BWPLUSsaintjohn, Sales Representative at Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for your great comments, and for leaving us a review! I'm so happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at our hotel. There is definitely a lot to do around our hotel, and I'm glad that you took advantage of that. I hope that we get to see you again on your next visit to Saint John!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Best Western Saint John was an ample hotel. Staff were very friendly and willing to assist. One thing that was different than all other hotels, was that check out was at 11:00 am and not at 12:00 as is usually standard. I just felt a little more rushed in the morning to checkout. Just another note, found that there were just less pillows (3 instead of 4) on the beds. These should not be detractors but nonetheless found them to be different from other places that I have stayed in. Yet, the room was clean, and comfortable although it had a more sparse look than other hotels I am familiar with.

1 Thank Sharon N
Thank you so much for your great review! We strive to deliver excellent customer service, and I'm glad that you noticed this while staying with us. You feedback helps us improve our hotel as a whole, so I appreciate that you took the time to leave us these comments. I hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you again on your next visit to Saint John!
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Love the suite. Perfect location but stayed while 4 hockey teams were staying there. It was a zoo. Breakfast couldn't keep up and we ended up eating elsewhere. Front desk was sympathetic but didn't discount our stay...talk is cheap when you have to pay for your breakfast twice.

Thank 1Tccchris .
I wanted to start by thanking you for leaving us this review. I'm happy to hear that you loved the suite you stayed in while at our hotel! Hot breakfast is included in the room rate for all of our guest, there's no additional charge for breakfast, and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get a chance to eat some of our breakfast that we offer. Your review has helped us improve how our breakfast operates during very busy times at the hotel. Thanks again for your review, and hopefully we'll be able to accommodate you again during your next visit to Saint John!
Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have never been treated so poorly as I was at this hotel. The staff were EXTREMELY rude ! We stayed as part of a group and the children in our group (ages 11-12) were treated in a way that children should NEVER be treated. We were evicted on our second night at 9pm with nowhere to go in the pouring rain. Children as well as parents were crying and traumatized. When asked what the complaints were against our team they had no complaints registered against our team at all. There were many teams in that hotel on this weekend and kids everywhere running etc from every team. A staff member was caught with her ear against a door listening ?? When asked if there was an issue on our floor her reply was 'no'. At NO time were parents contacted in their rooms, left messages or informed in ANY way that their children were 'misbehaving'. The rules state that children under the age of 8 were to have a parent with them. Our children were 11-12. These kids were confronted by staff every time they left their room and asked who they were and what team they were with. For what reason? The staff were not willing to answer any of our questions. As an adult I was extremely confused and upset about how people in this type of business could treat people and especially children in this manner. Our children were traumatized. Also while the team was being evicted only half of the team was even AT the hotel ... Half of us, including myself were not even there. We all checked in separately, paid separately yet everyone was told to leave. What a way for young kids to end off a hockey season ... In fear.

4 Thank W M
Curventon
Reviewed 10 April 2014

we stayed last weekend and when i called the front desk no one was their to take my calls .. etc when i finally contacted someone for pillows was told we can not help you with that ... are room had a pull out and we needed a cot .. the cot had no pillows nor did the pull out we searched the whole room and nothing only pillows we had was on the king size bed etc . the girl seemed very rude ...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and informing us about your concerns about your stay at our hotel. We but a lot of focus on customer service, and I'm sorry to hear that we failed to properly deliver that to you during your stay. Your comments will be relayed to our Front Desk staff so we can further improve our customer service. I hope that we could have the opportunity to accommodate you once more on your next visit to Saint John!
Malden
Reviewed 11 March 2014

not impressed..went to check in ,,room booked for not ready and this was at 6.00pm got moved up to the third floor they where still cleaning up there I spend most weeks on the road this place is the most unacordanice motel I've ever stayed at..if it wasn't for the points I'd stay somewhere else

Room Tip: rooms when they clean them not bad
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BWPLUSsaintjohn, Sales Representative at Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor! I want to let you know that your concerns have been heard and we are taking necessary steps to improve our hotels service for our guests. It is out of the ordinary for our rooms not to be ready by that time, and I apologize that this affected your stay with us. Your feedback helps us improve so that your next stay with us will be a pleasant one. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Saint John, as we would love correct these concerns.
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Location is great, easy access to both shopping and uptown. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was warm and clean. Service was professional.

Breakfast was just OK, but considering it's included, it was acceptable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
BWPLUSsaintjohn, Sales Representative at Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review Lisa, I really appreciate you taking the time to do so! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at our hotel. We are in a great location, close to shopping and uptown as you have mentioned. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Saint John!