“Great Staff”

Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Saint John
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 March 2009

I had a great experience, coming into Saint John, I didn't know what to expect, but this is a great location and the staff made it extraordinary. They directed me to the best places to go in town, from where to eat, buy gifts and provided me with great service during my stay. The rooms are great for corporate travelers. I could work on my laptop anywhere in the hotel, and the room has a cool looking L shape desk that is perfect for spreading out my work. Loved the clean, modern feel of the hotel. Good breakfast, again, friendly staff and nice ambiant music in the lobby. Didn't use all of the facilites but noticed that there was an indoor pool and gym. Great location near the mall. Definitely becoming a regular here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TKtravelfun

Reviewed 6 March 2009

First of all, it was quiet, and comfortable and I liked the facilities. And the breakfast was satisfactory. Everything was quite comfortable. If I come back to Saint John, I will definitely come back and stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Jangjun
Reviewed 4 March 2009

I have stayed Best western saint John hotel & suite for 3days.
this hotel' room is very clean, nice view.
the staffs are very kind.
delicious breakfast
It is very convenience because there are large shopping mall near the hotel.
I think this hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetheesu
Reviewed 19 December 2008

I stayed at the Best Western because it was close to shopping and I wanted to give my 84 year old mother a mini vacation, how wrong could I be. When I was taking my luggage through their lobby I slipped and fell on the wet floor hurting myself. A staff member picked up my things and took them to my room, that was the end of the hotel caring No one asked if I was Ok or if they could help me.When I got in touch with their customer service they said the manger of the hotel had offer medical help and I refused. I can't imagine worse customer service ( plus the lying) and I will never return to Best Western.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank happyhounds
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a short business trip to Saint John. The booking was made for me by a company.
I found the staff at reception extremely friendly and efficient at check in and check out. There were many nearby restaurants or mall-type outlets to choose from for a quick evening meal, and a buffet style continental breakfast included for the morning.
The room was large, the bed was really, really comfortable, with big pillows and a duvet. An LCD TV, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, iron and ironing board, wireless or wired internet access were all available for use in the room.
The pool looked good, although I didn't make use of it.
This is a new hotel, and, judging from the number of cars in the car park when I was there, very popular.
Just right for an overnight business trip; I would certainly stay there again.

1  Thank The_Royal_Society
Reviewed 16 November 2008

I heard through family members that this is a brand new hotel in Saint John (I travel there a lot), so I decided to stay there on a business trip. It was clean, new, and refreshing. And the price was sooo worth it for everything that is included. Free breakfast, parking and highspeed internet is key to my heart. The staff were very friendly and helpful upon check-in, and they directed me to all the places I needed to go. I had three appointments to make in two hours so I was thankful that they got to help me out! I also asked for some restaurants nearby, and they gave me a 15% discount coupon at Boston Pizza, which is right in front of the hotel (you can walk to many restaurants around the hotel, or even walk over to the mall and go to the food court). I loved the decor of the room, the bed, the fluffy pillows... but the best part was the refridgerator and huge TV. I was exhausted when I came back from the interviews and just wanted a place to wind down and relax. Beautiful hotel! I recommend this to everyone that enjoys a nice, clean, refreshing stay... All the hotels I have been to in Saint John have been old, grougy and...not really worth the price. I am definately going to search for a Best Western on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyPlanes
Reviewed 12 October 2008

My sister and I were traveling to PEI, and stopped in Saint John. We went shopping at McAllister mall and outlets around the area and the hotel was right within walking distance, so we decided to stay there. We loved it since it was close to restaurants and a movie theatre too. The hotel has a modern feel...so I think it's new.. they have a huge indoor pool and complimentary breakfast. If you're looking for something reasonably priced and all the amenities, this is the place to go. The beds were huge and comfy and spankin clean. they actually have a flat screen TV and free high speed internet in the room. I have no idea how we got all this for such a low price but I think they're giving opening specials. Ask for a CAA discount because that's how we got our 10% off. The staff are extremely friendly so they'll help you out.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business