Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John
US$103
Hillside Motel(Saint John)
US$66
US$64
Hillcrest Motel(Saint John)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$64
Regent Motel(Saint John)
US$58
All reviewsvegas restaurantbumper carspool and hot tubbit datednice poolbreakfast was includedcruise shiphot breakfastfridge and microwaveforthowesupperhospitaldowntownnbwaterfrontjohn
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here for one night with my wife and two children. We had booked the hotel because it was rated 3 star on Expedia so I thought it would be up to 3 star standards. This was not the case. When we drove up to the hotel the entrance way canopy looked like it would collapse. The tarmac was broken up and it looked like we had driven onto a construction site. The lobby was dirty and smelled like stale smoke. The front desk was dirty and behind it was a mess of boxes and broken stuff. We arrived late so we had not much choice but to stay for the few hours left in the night. The elevator was a beaten up thing with buttons that barely worked. It had a parking garage feel and it moaned and groaned its way up the floors.
The room was not any better. The carpets were dirty and dingy, to the point where I was afraid to take off my shoes. One of the beds was so saggy that I thought I would fall to the floor when I got on it. Not to mention that the room smelled like a dog kennel. In the bathroom, the tub had these blue streaks in it that heavens know what they were. Needless to say I none of us would get a shower. We could not wait to get out of there!
The breakfast was a dinner type breakfast. The dining room was cleaner.
Needless to say I would never stay at this hotel again. I will not be using Expedia again to book as it appears that your star ratings are way off the industry standards. I worked in the hospitality industry for many years, specifically with hotels like Delta, Fairmont, etc, and I have never seen a 3 star hotel like this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James A
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The front desk associate we encountered for check in did not seem to care that we had to truck up to three rooms before we were given one which satisfied out confirmed booking. Decor needs updating - but this is not as upsetting as the lack of cleanliness...toilet paper role holder was grimy, shower had hair on the walls, vanity was wet and dirty, sheets had hairs in them. We were given different sheets upon request but no offer was made to change the bed for us. Wifi was sporadic. Julia, our server at breakfast was the one bright light in our stay - she was personable, pleasant and eager to please. Overall a disappointing stay. We won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 113Lana
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had to stay at the fort howe for 3 weeks and all I can say is, find another hotel..I was on the 7th floor and you could cut the air with a knife..I didnt really mind the cigarette smoke, it was the pot smell..the comforter in my room had some ungodly stain on it..the draft coming from the window in mid january was chilly to say the least..I dont think the pool was cleaned in the last 20 yrs..I had stayed here before in the early 2000's and it has gone downhill dramatically..there isnt even a bar/lounge to sit back and relax, just a counter to order a drink and about 6 VLT's to sit and waste money at....spend a few extra bucks and stay next door at the holiday inn...you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tazztower44
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The pool and hot-tub are old and run-down and the "fitness centre" consists of a stepper and a couple of cross-trainers. No weights, no resistance equipment. But the hotel room was VERY nice; big comfortable bed, great air-conditioning, nice big flat-screen TV and a nice bathroom. Plus, in the morning, there's a complimentary hot breakfast. (The cheddar cheese& mushroom omelette was excellent!)

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes easy stroll from downtown St. John where you will find a variety of great restaurants and bars. No need for a taxi (unless you get too tipsy for the walk back!)

Room Tip: If available, get a room looking out toward the St. John harbour.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This Hotel provides a great place to stay. It had a pool and a workout area.. The restaurant is great and offers a good selection for a great price, unlike other hotel restaurants that I have frequented.. Great place to stay if you are travelling on business as the hotel offers a great shuttle service to the airport. The staff were super, rooms were clean, over all it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo