I stayed here sing because the Hilton was sold out of our corporate rate. The staff were amazing, and helped me out with a couple of issues I had not related to the hotel. However, the greatest staff on earth couldn't help thus place out. The tiling in the bathroom was chipped and broken and the flooring was perhaps original to the hotel, very dated and in poor condition. The furnishings were scraped and in very poor condition. Then the bed....perhaps original to the hotel as well, was a king sized and was so saggy it was pathetic. The line I was given was that the free hot breakfast makes up for any hotel short comings...it was fine, but you have 1 choice on the menu, including only one beverage - so if you want a coffee and juice, there's a charge. Granted the hotel is very dated, but improving the amenities like having a bar and restaurant that is open past 9 pm, and a fresh hot buffet breakfast included with the rate might help. I will avoid coming back, if the corporate rare is not available at the Hilton, maybe I'll look for a hostile.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic port city of Saint John and all it has to offer while staying at the Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Ideally situated only a few kilometers from Fort Howe and downtown Saint John, our hotel is conveniently located off the Saint John Throughway and Main Street on Portland Street. Key local attractions include the New Brunswick Museum, Reversing Falls, and Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Park. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff can recommend what best suits your travel itinerary. Our property offers an array of modern amenities including an ATM, business area, multi-lingual staff, meeting facilities, newsstand in lobby, picnic table, and guest laundry facility. Pets are welcomed, restrictions and charges may apply. Start your work or sightseeing day in fine form with free full breakfast. After a day of sightseeing, guests can relax in our indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, or enjoy a meal or a drink at the Vegas Bar and Grill, our on-site eatery. Each of our 131 guest rooms feature home luxuries such as free Wi-Fi, microwave, mini-fridge, hairdryer, coffeemaker, 32 inch flat panel cable TV, iron, ironing board, desk with lamp, table with chairs, and clock radio. Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John is your best choice within Canada's "Original City". We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for entertainment, music and food festivals, sightseeing, wildlife activities or simply passing through on your way to Fredericton or Nova Scotia. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza Hotel Saint John
- Fort Howe Saint John
- Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John New Brunswick