I'm nearly 50 years old and have traveled extensively. I've never before asked to change rooms. The elevator and hallways smelled and our first room on the 4th floor had a strange odor we couldn't identify. So down we went back to the front desk. The clerk on duty was very nice, very patient and accommodating to the best of his ability. He directed us to a second room on the 7th floor that had no power. Down we went back to the front desk. He then directed us to a third room that smelled terribly of smoke. Back to the front desk we went. The clerk was very kind to call and check on availability with other nearby hotels, but all were booked. We had no choice but to take the original room so we vented the windows and ran the air conditioning which helped a little. The indoor pool was nice to have and the included full breakfast was a plus, but we will not return to this hotel and we were underwhelmed by the city of St. John as well. The Bay of Fundy would be nice in good weather and our visit to Prince Edward Island was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic port city of Saint John and all it has to offer while staying at the Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Ideally situated only a few kilometers from Fort Howe and downtown Saint John, our hotel is conveniently located off the Saint John Throughway and Main Street on Portland Street. Key local attractions include the New Brunswick Museum, Reversing Falls, and Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Park. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff can recommend what best suits your travel itinerary. Our property offers an array of modern amenities including an ATM, business area, multi-lingual staff, meeting facilities, newsstand in lobby, picnic table, and guest laundry facility. Pets are welcomed, restrictions and charges may apply. Start your work or sightseeing day in fine form with free full breakfast. After a day of sightseeing, guests can relax in our indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, or enjoy a meal or a drink at the Vegas Bar and Grill, our on-site eatery. Each of our 131 guest rooms feature home luxuries such as free Wi-Fi, microwave, mini-fridge, hairdryer, coffeemaker, 32 inch flat panel cable TV, iron, ironing board, desk with lamp, table with chairs, and clock radio. Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John is your best choice within Canada's "Original City". We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for entertainment, music and food festivals, sightseeing, wildlife activities or simply passing through on your way to Fredericton or Nova Scotia. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza Hotel Saint John
- Fort Howe Saint John
- Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John New Brunswick