“great friendly place”

Newman House Hostel
Reviewed 13 February 2014

good location, good facilities and friendly owner!

see you next time Sharon!

oops, has to be 200 characters - so I'm borrowing other review statements

"Sharon, the owner, is extremely helpful and hospitable. Sharon is also very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and can point out great tourist attractions and restaurants. "

:-)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Sharon, the owner, is extremely helpful and hospitable. She goes the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable as possible. She was able to find me an extra bed, even though the place was completely booked. Sharon is also very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and can point out great tourist attractions and restaurants. We spent a couple of hours talking in the common area. The free breakfast was a nice touch as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent a night here travelling with my girlfriend. Lots of rooms and friendly people. Sharon, the owner, is a wonderful host and has lots of food for cooking breakfast. Very social atmosphere with people hanging out, playing pool and talking on the deck. Next time I'm in town, I'll be sure to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed one night here on our way from Maine to Nova Scotia . The rooms and location is nothing to look at but are clean and private . Sharon , the owner , is a trip and will do what she can to help you . If your not to fussy and on a budget this place is perfect . Breakfast was ample with good coffee being brewed .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The owner is very friendly, cooked meals and offered car rides. This is a house and the amenities are more like a b&b than a hostel; large bathroom, kitchen, and living room plus wifi and pool table. Call ahead before you arrive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Newmanhousehostel, Owner at Newman House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Thanks for the great review! Please come again and send your friends. I always have room for more fun guests in my life!
We are always seeking to improve so I am offering a complimentary City Tour. My friends have now heard enough of the stories from my Tour Guide course LOL

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Had a very pleasant experience staying at this place.

First off starting off with the hospitality - Sharon is excellent in terms of ensuring that her guests feel at home and are comfortable at all times. She she cooks really delicious food!

Location - Location is great, they have a new address which is Dorchester and it is a peaceful locality with lots to do. There is a boat house which is very near to this location and easy access to local markets.

Stay - I would rate it as excellent! Very clean and Comfortable. You have parking space and free WiFi for you to access. You get to meet and interact with guests as well :)

I would definitly recommend this place and looking forward to staying at Newman's House hostel when ever i travel to Saint John.

Regards,
AJ

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank anshuljoshi1

Thanks AJ
You almost make me blush :) I truly enjoy my guests and am working on making my new digs even better each month. I am offering a complimentary City Tour to those who want to listen to my stories. Hope to see you again

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My friend and I arrived in Saint John late in the evening and had no planned accommodations. We called the Newman House Hostel where we spoke to the owner Sharon. She gave us directions to the hostel from our current location and made our beds. We arrived and were both very pleased by a clean and comfortable hostel. There was good parking and also a good selection of breakfast foods.
Sharon was fantastic, showing us a map of the Saint John area and giving us countless ideas for things to do the following day, and helpful information such as where to park, or how to get back on the highway to get out of town.
I'm sure I will one day return to Saint John and I would certainly stay at this hostel again, as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I have upgraded our new location in the uptown area continuously since your stay and am now improving our services to include City Tours as well as a trip to St Martins and the Sea Caves.
I would love to host you and your friends in our city on the Bay!