“We are so lucky to have this venue in our city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Imperial Theatre

Imperial Theatre
Ranked #9 of 72 things to do in Saint John
Quispamsis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“We are so lucky to have this venue in our city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Imperial Theatre is not pretentious from the outside, but quite beautiful in its interior. It has maintained its old world décor and ambiance, and we are very fortunate to have it situated in the heart of Saint John. It draws a wide range of entertainment, and in comparison to what large city patrons pay to go to live theatre, I believe tickets are reasonably priced. There are many events and programs to chose from throughout the year, and on average I attend six to seven times per year. If a performance coincides with your visit, I highly recommend you attend a performance.

Visited October 2013

Northern Virginia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“DRACULA AT THE IMPERIAL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Went to the Imperial Theater to watch Dracula tonight. The theater itself is beautiful with all the gold leaf ornamentation. It has been beautifully maintained. So glad it survived! Since this is Halloween week, people were dressed in costume to watch the movie which was fun. The theater has a vintage movie series where they show a movie from a different decade each month. They also have a bar!

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“A must see just from a restoration point alone....!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The work achieved through this restoration is simply magnificent and even if you do not get to see a show - it is simply a must to see as a 'attraction visit'. It is open for visitors throughout the day and they appear to encourage people to enter the theatre and view the restoration work. The restoration work was completed by master tradespeople including those brought in from overseas in order to replicate the methodology/outcomes of the original techniques. It is said that one can stand on the stage and speak quietly with a normal voice and it can be heard anywhere within the theatre. Well worth seeing.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank acmee001
Saint John, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Most Welcoming...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always have loved and enjoyed the Theatre. Having dabbled in acting the Theatre is exciting and wonderful. I love dressing up and enjoying not only the entertainment but the surroundings and naustalgia. However, when having won tickets to see "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'....it was fantastic! Although I had seen this as a movie, I was still very interested to see it in the Theatre version.....so I invited friends to go with me....but I was gravely disappointed by the play. The amount of added profanity was very distasteful and unecessary to say the least. Plus, when I saw the movie version I didn't remember any profanity. I was shocked to hear this and it left me with a somewhat spoiled evening. I know this may not reflect the actual Imperial Theatre but I would rather see plays that did Not have profanity in them which for me includes (taking the Lord's name in vain). Any kind of swearing lacks creativity and intelligence.

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pretty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Make sure you take the stairs to the second level to get a great overview of the theater. Whoever restored this place did a very good job. You are allowed to wander around freely. Allow 15 min or so.

Visited August 2013