“The truth on this Inn”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Saint John
Moncton , NB
“The truth on this Inn”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I recently stayed here on Feb 9 , 2013, I will say my stay was ok , I paid for a 3 star Inn and thats what i received. The place could be updated however i wasn't expecting glamerous accomodations. The pool here is really nice and large , it also has a hot tub and sauna, which my kids liked. The stay does come with a Hot continental breakfast so I though this was excellent and we did get a discount on our room as we have a goverment rate. so all i n all , it's not a bad bang for the buck. If you want a 5 star , then pay for one !

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LONDON232323

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I have to say I would rather stay in A HOMELESS SHELTER AND LET MY WIFE DO THE SAME .
oh it was our honey moon .the Bridal suite was a complete mess the bed sheets were not changed when I asked for them to be dealt with I was given a look of scorn , and handled a set of sheets not folded so were they even cleaned ? ... the food was disgusting but even that is a kind statement .absolutely the worst place on the planet .. I wish the health board was not bought off by these terrible people this place should be shut down and the owners sued for our money back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Graydon M

Travellers are raving about these Saint John hotels

Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 28 August 2012

filthy....if there is a board of health in st.john...they have not inspected this property....1st room had a broken airconditioner.....thick dust and grime...and..for the crowning touch...a thick level of mold both surrounding and in the bathtub.....2nd room had water issues....and the kicker was that the 3rd room offered was renovated and clean.....so....why were we put into the 1st 2 rooms?.the staff was friendly and tried to help....not their fault...the owner was "out of town and unavailable"....run...don't walk from this dump!

Room Tip: choose another motel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barb s
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The sad thing is that the people were very friendly and the place has alot of potential.

The reality is that is it disgusting in every aspect....2 days in the place and I couldn't even bring myself to shower. I paid $89 a night but it's more like a $40 a night cheap motel. The one thing that was amazing was the food....I ate there twice and I seriously ask myself what that cook was doing working in a place like that.

I don't recommend it......not even for free....actually you couldn't pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank tom f
chipman
Reviewed 16 April 2012

we had stayed here before so i didnt think much of it when my husband booked us for the nite. the room was dingy no hot water and the hair blower kept kicking off. the furniture has seen better days and the restaurant was not even open will certainly not stay here again!!!! also we had to ask for a new remote for the tv as the one we had would not work. what an evening when it was suppose to help us relax before i went in hospital. that it most definitely did not do!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank 678sunshine
Edmundston, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Oh my god... we want to St-John's with our friend because she had to pass a lung's test. So we left from Edmundston in the morning and get there for her test....so we were a little bit tired so ( don't forget that we were only 3 womans and two kids in the car no gps) we find that this Hotel look not bad...from the outside sowe enter there and ask for a room ...they want us to paid right away so...there we are in the room wainting to our friend to call from the hospital...so ...looking under the bed for fun we found..a beer cap...and behind the bed...a mouse trap....and 2 ant trap... behind each bed... terrible hien?? But that,S not even close to my story...my friend's daughter had to blow her hair so...2 times she break the breaker..so
the refrigerator has defrosted and spilled on the carpet of the floor...no hot water in our room and no heat we had to ask for a little heather...the carpet was dirty ...so in our way to the front desk we found a dead mouse in the hallway and the room in the hallway had almost felt on my head...water all over the place in the hallway very nice smell too:( So in the morning we ruch to the front desk and ,...they said to us we appologize but nothing we can do!!

Thanks...we will never come back...picture of the mouse and the ant and mouse trap ...to come!!!

Room Tip: nothing in that room was good ...dirty floor... weird sound.....no heat
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business