“Could not stay!!!”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Saint John
Moncton, Canada
“Could not stay!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Where to start?, Musty moldy smell throughout, Smoking gamblers at machines in front lobby, rat traps at the doors, bathroom you would not use, doors that did not shut properly, hot tub had disgusting foam in it, rooms have not be upgraded since 1960 (except TV), fitness room was an old treadmill and one barbell, carpet throughout was sticky. That's most of what I remember in the 10 minutes I was there. My head was so stuffed up in 10 minutes I booked a room at the Chateau. NO COMPARISON!!!. Well well worth the extra $25 buck.
P.S. Be careful booking on-line. Reservation was made from a call center somewhere in the United states. They lied about the rating on this inn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

My family and I stayed March8-9 2013 and that one day was too long, This place should not have any stars what so ever, the room was filthy, the stair ways were dirty , dim and the handrails scared us, the gaps between the railings were so huge , I'm shocked no one has fell through them, the bathroom was dirty as soon as I looked in the tub there was hair in it,the pool was dirty, and there was blue mold on the walls, our exit was blocked off, if there was a fire we would have had to walk 5 minutes out of the way to get out, where we parked the car was poorly lit and was praying when we woke up to have tires on the car, and the free breakfast oh my gosh was a joke, the 4 slice toaster was broken , the bread was so stale, it was falling apart in my hand, could not even butter it if literally turned into crumbs,needless to say it was not cheap to stay here,and will never come here again I would strongly advise EVERYONE to book else where, I tried to book at Best Western ( they were booked and for a very good reason) and was assured that the Colonial had the same star rating as them NOT TRUE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!!!!!! Rating of this property is -5 !!!!!! Sadly disappointed!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie S

Travellers are raving about these Saint John hotels

Moncton , NB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I recently stayed here on Feb 9 , 2013, I will say my stay was ok , I paid for a 3 star Inn and thats what i received. The place could be updated however i wasn't expecting glamerous accomodations. The pool here is really nice and large , it also has a hot tub and sauna, which my kids liked. The stay does come with a Hot continental breakfast so I though this was excellent and we did get a discount on our room as we have a goverment rate. so all i n all , it's not a bad bang for the buck. If you want a 5 star , then pay for one !

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LONDON232323
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

I have to say I would rather stay in A HOMELESS SHELTER AND LET MY WIFE DO THE SAME .
oh it was our honey moon .the Bridal suite was a complete mess the bed sheets were not changed when I asked for them to be dealt with I was given a look of scorn , and handled a set of sheets not folded so were they even cleaned ? ... the food was disgusting but even that is a kind statement .absolutely the worst place on the planet .. I wish the health board was not bought off by these terrible people this place should be shut down and the owners sued for our money back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Graydon M
Florence, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

filthy....if there is a board of health in st.john...they have not inspected this property....1st room had a broken airconditioner.....thick dust and grime...and..for the crowning touch...a thick level of mold both surrounding and in the bathtub.....2nd room had water issues....and the kicker was that the 3rd room offered was renovated and clean.....so....why were we put into the 1st 2 rooms?.the staff was friendly and tried to help....not their fault...the owner was "out of town and unavailable"....run...don't walk from this dump!

Room Tip: choose another motel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barb s
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The sad thing is that the people were very friendly and the place has alot of potential.

The reality is that is it disgusting in every aspect....2 days in the place and I couldn't even bring myself to shower. I paid $89 a night but it's more like a $40 a night cheap motel. The one thing that was amazing was the food....I ate there twice and I seriously ask myself what that cook was doing working in a place like that.

I don't recommend it......not even for free....actually you couldn't pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo