“Great Food, Huge Portions” 5 of 5 bubbles

Romano's Pizza & Spaghetti Hs
Ranked #34 of 236 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint John, Canada
“Great Food, Huge Portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I eat there every Monday, I have a big appetite but always manage to take home leftovers, great for the next day lunch or dinner.
Wonderful flavours and laid back atmosphere make this a must restaurant to visit. The waitress on Monday's is always very attentive and helpful, thank you Jo!

Do try any of their stir fries, pizza and lasagne is a must and their Italian Sausage dish amazing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Saint John, Canada
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I heard good reviews so I decided to take my parents here. Such a horrible mistake. When we arrive we were not seated right away. The entrance is confusing as it was unclear if you seat yourself or wait to be seated. When we sat down there were MAYBE 3 tables there (not busy at all)

Anyone who has ever worked in the food industry knows that you should immediately bring menus and water to the table. The waitress did neither. After 15 minutes, I went up to ask her for 3 menus. She snapped at me and said "I'm really busy" Um, great way to talk to the customer, lady! After deciding on what we wanted, it took at least 20-30 minutes for her to even return to the table (still no water). At this point we had already invested so much time (We should have left!) She was so obviously rude, it was awkward when she took our order. This was probably the worst restaurant experience of our lives. It was truly irritating when you're waiting for service and she is actually doing nothing. Once we saw our plates come out we were not surprised when she left them out to get cold. Finally when she brought the food over, it was nothing to write home about. My father, who never complains about food, was absolutely disgusted and actually told me to not try what he had ordered (it was that bad!) He got skewers. I ordered the spaghetti and you can get FAR better at other local restaurants. I would go on about how long it took to get the cheque or how bland the food was, but I actually get angry just thinking that a server could actually treat customers like this. Of course though, when she felt we were getting ready to leave she put on the nice act.

Never in my life have I felt like warning people about the restaurant they were walking in to. A couple came in as we were waiting and I immediately felt like telling them to just turn around and find a better place. The woman actually pointed out how dirty the utensils were and the man asked who cleans the dishes to which the waitress said quickly, "Not me, heehee". Ew, seriously?

Needless to say, the restaurant needs to re-evaluate their menu (she completely over charged us, to which I told her the proper cost should appear on the menu) and they also need to realize how horrible at least one of their servers are. So disgusted!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Marissa L
montreal
“Big Lasagna portions and decent taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a mom and pop type establishment. Nothing wowwed me other than the portion. It was okay as far as taste and abiance but for a family of 4, the price was right.

Visited June 2013
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Sadly I cannot say anything about the food because who ever you have answering your phones to take orders is extremely rude! I'm sorry but you do not have an online menu so we had to ask about pricing for salad and pizza combo and the answer we got was "so are you ordering this or what buddy" as well as sighing loudly into the phone...Its not like I was asking a hundred questions it was a simple price question. I think you should look into hiring someone with more customer service experience and politeness to answer your phone or people will be turned off from ordering, as we were tonight.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank tara b
“A Great Lunch For Two!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Great pizza you can tell the crust and sauce are made in house. The tossed salad with house vinaigrette is amazing do not miss it!!! Overall great meal and enough left over for dinner.

• Visited June 2013