“Glad we give it a second chance”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #111 of 244 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed 26 August 2013

August 19, 2013 Arrive 20 mins before 9 PM (closing time) and was told by the waitress we closing in 20 minutes with no options as to can we order and have to leave by 9 PM or the last client is allowed in by 9 PM. Without a word just took us to a table without any comments. We just order the basic, ate and were out of there in 25 minutes. Chicken was okay but the atmosphere was not.

August 21, As Swiss Chalet – you know what to expect and want back. This time we had Jeremy as our host – what a difference. Good mood, accommodating to what we requested. True credit to the service industry. Because of the experience on Sunday I almost didn’t want to return to that Swiss Chalet location.

Rating below is for August 21, 2013

There are newer reviews for Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Well I must say, after all the places we have "checked out" in Saint John, since we moved here....This is the first one that impressed me. The food was great, the service was excellent. The place was clean and pleasant. The staff was more than helpful. Our waiter Reg, went out of his way to make us feel welcome and checked on us quite a few times. Even offered to refill our water glasses. That doesn't happen usually. The food was great tasting and portions were good. Well priced ,only $35 for us to eat a huge meal. Will be going there again.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

A very friendly waitress was happy to serve us and bring us our meals as soon as they we're ready.
The restaurant was nice and quiet with only a few of us still there for a late supper.
Overall, a nice place for a decent bite to eat.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stopped at Swiss Chalet for a very early (4;30) supper with a friend as I had to be at an appointment at 5:30. Shortly after our charming waiter took our order it appeared. My baby greens were nice and fresh and were topped by a succulent, savory, sliced chicken breast. I was pleased with our choice of restaurant. Upon leaving, I felt that I had a healthy, satisfying meal at a good price and in a pleasant environment.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

If you've been to Swiss Chalet, you know what to expect and this location is consistent with the chain. I was surprised that it was pretty quiet place for a weeknight. Had the Spicy Chipotle chicken linguine and was rather impressed with the meal and the portion size. Service was ok to start and improved throughout the meal, waiter was very personable at the end of the meal which was appreciated. I'd return.