“Not bad, but...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Taco Pica Worker Cooperative
Ranked #44 of 236 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Guatemalan, South American, Central American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Not bad, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've been here a number of times over the years. Any time I've gone in, I have always been greeted with friendly and warm service. I have tried Mexican/Latin American food all over the world in a variety of good and bad spots. It is probably my favorite style of food. To be honest, I just found almost everything I've ever had here has been bland. Am I just ordering the wrong items? Plus, I have never left this place feeling truly full. One time I ordered a burrito, and I almost laughed when they brought it to my table...it was JUST a lone burrito sitting on an otherwise totally empty plate, with not even a scoop of rice that you would usually get anywhere else. Anyway, I am willing to give this place another try, but so far I just haven't been blown away.

• Visited July 2013

Saint John, Canada
“Consistently Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been to Taco Pica several times and every time has been the same....amazingly awesome from the decor to the authentic dishes. So much flavour and everything is fresh. The staff and service is excellent as well. Very friendly and relaxing. There is often live music which is perfectly suited to the restaurant atmosphere which makes for a wonderful couples evening. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
Sackville, Canada
“A little bit of Central America in Saint John”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is an outstanding place to eat- one of the best in Saint John. We ordered various items from the menu and all had that distinctive Latin American flavour that is quite hard to duplicate in the kitchen. The salsas were all home made. Really good meat was use in all the dishes. The house wine was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and the service was quick. We ate there last night and I already want to go back to try something else on the menu.

Saint John, Canada
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place has a really fun atmosphere, great service, and the best Mexican\ Guatemalan in N.B. The flautas are one of my favourites but I had the Mexican beef Sandwich last time and it was fantastic. If you don't have fun at this place you need to re-evaluate your life.

New Brunswick, Canada
“Highly disappointed. Would not return.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I always use Trip advisor to pick restaurants every time we travel. We loved the sound of the "authentic" Mexican food and decided to give this place a shot. We arrived around 8:45 pm this past Saturday night and there were only 2 customers at one table. I said to my wife that perhaps we should go elsewhere as no patrons is almost always a sign that the place is not popular or good. She said "well let's try it". Big mistake. Despite the fact that we were the only ones there other than another table, it took forever to get our food. The atmosphere is terrible. Something only young people might be able to look past. Our server, presumably the owner, was very friendly but it did not make up for everything else. We ordered chicken nachos and another chicken dish which I do not recall the name of. The dish was very good but the nachos were quite possibly the worst I have ever had in my life and I have eaten ALOT of nachos. They are one of my favorites and I gave them a 5 out of 10. My wife concurred. They were cold and sparse and came at the same time as the other dish. There was obviously a mix up in communication that we would be sharing them before the other dish. What settled it for us that we would not go back is that at shortly before 10 pm the sketchiest group of young people in their 20's came in and started filling up the tables along with a band setting up with three white guys in their 20's, all who had long Rastafarian hair. It was creepy. I would never recommend this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles