“Worst takeout expirience”

Portland Pub & Steak House
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I just worked a 9 hour shift and wanted a nice, quick home cooked meal. I ordered a steak and mashed potatoes and really all I wanted was mashed potatoes. Got it picked up by a local delivery company only to open my food to a burnt steak ( I ordered medium) and fries smothered in gravy. I didn't bother even eating it. If I wanted fries I would have went to McDonald's and spent 3 bucks instead of 15. Now I'm exhausted, hungry and have to get up in 8 hours and do it all over again on an empty stomach. Next time I'll take my money and go to sobeys for my own mashed potatoes.

2  Thank dunphys_girl
jennifer19732013, Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Sorry for the mix up on your takeout. Wish you would have called to report it. Another meal would have been sent to you at no charge.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just got back from having breakfast at the pub, we had steak ( cooked just the way it was ordered)
eggs, toast and grilled home fries. Service was excellent, and the food hot and yummy. Now that summer is over we are back to our Sunday ritual, breakfast at the pub. Anytime I have been to the pub, I get excellent service, and always good food, and yes sometimes you have to wait, but what place can you go into get a great meal and be out in fifteen minutes, not to many, so yes I defiantly will continue to support the Portland pub.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

There was no way this bar was interested in making any money....we practically had to beg to be served a second beer. Our food order was slow which would have been OK if the staff had been even slightly attentive. I think the food server and the bartender were at odds but also noticed other tables getting their orders before ours although no one was really on top of any of the bar orders. Food was average and I would not recommend this place.

1  Thank KarenMThurgood
jennifer19732013, Guest Relations Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Would like to have a minute of your time and say sorry for the service you received at the Portland Pub. It would be very helpful if you could tell me the day you were in so the situation could be addressed. Thanks for your time.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

My parents are crazy about this place and we've been to it on numerous occasions. The food is nothing to rave about. The service, although the staff are so friendly, is absolutely slow. The atmosphere is that of a typical dive bar.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I like the Portland Pub. I like its lack of pretention, lack of ostentation. Ok, so it's in a strip mall, it's true. And it's not going to set the world on fire in any culinary sense, but I don't go to places with "pub" in the name for that. What it does have is a genuine, down-home, slight hole in the wall feel with warm service and actually quite decent food. My wife and I come here a lot after work when we can't be bothered to cook or just want a post-work drink.

On this occasion, we had the grilled chicken club and the burger with a few beers. The grilled chicken club was excellent (although served on flatbread, not bread); the chicken was moist and perfectly cooked complemented well by cheese and bacon. The fries are ok - I'd love it if they had home fries instead, but oh well. My wife had the cheeseburger - the patties are all made fresh from non-frozen meat. The patties don't have any additives, so the burgers are quite tasty.

I always find the wait staff at the Portland Pub to be quite friendly in a normal kind of way. Ok, it's a little weird that the bar drinks are managed on a separate tab than the food, but alright. I'll let it slide.

1  Thank Kelihurtin