“Great spot”

Portland Pub & Steak House
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The food is wholesome, tasty & quick. Jennifer & staff are very welcoming. Been many times and still will keep doing so.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Went there today (Sept 17, 2013) for supper as it was in walking distance of my hotel. Got a quick beer but the food waitress was more concerned with taking money from the regulars it seemed than in taking my food order. 15 minute wait to order food is not acceptable in my mind. Food was just Ok. There are certainly lots of better places to eat in Saint John.

2  Thank abdcfish
jennifer19732013, Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Sorry that your experience at the pub was not acceptable. As for the wait time, 15 minutes , yes that's not acceptable at all. Thank you for your comments the situation will be rectified

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We arrived in St. John, NB a little late after a half-day on the road, and this establishment was recommended to us by our hotel personnel. It was clean, service was good, and the steak that my wife ordered was both excellent and priced right. I had the Greek salad and baked potato, and both were done well and very satisfying. This is a clean, casual establishment with good service, something for everyone (including vegetarians like me) on the menu, and priced reasonably. We definitely recommend it.

1  Thank george_shepard

Thanks for your visit. Come back soon

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I just worked a 9 hour shift and wanted a nice, quick home cooked meal. I ordered a steak and mashed potatoes and really all I wanted was mashed potatoes. Got it picked up by a local delivery company only to open my food to a burnt steak ( I ordered medium) and fries smothered in gravy. I didn't bother even eating it. If I wanted fries I would have went to McDonald's and spent 3 bucks instead of 15. Now I'm exhausted, hungry and have to get up in 8 hours and do it all over again on an empty stomach. Next time I'll take my money and go to sobeys for my own mashed potatoes.

2  Thank dunphys_girl
jennifer19732013, Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Sorry for the mix up on your takeout. Wish you would have called to report it. Another meal would have been sent to you at no charge.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just got back from having breakfast at the pub, we had steak ( cooked just the way it was ordered)
eggs, toast and grilled home fries. Service was excellent, and the food hot and yummy. Now that summer is over we are back to our Sunday ritual, breakfast at the pub. Anytime I have been to the pub, I get excellent service, and always good food, and yes sometimes you have to wait, but what place can you go into get a great meal and be out in fifteen minutes, not to many, so yes I defiantly will continue to support the Portland pub.