“Gaudet Chalet and Motel-Shediac”

Gaudet Chalet & Motel Shediac
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shediac
Bay City, Michigan
“Gaudet Chalet and Motel-Shediac”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Thank you Sam and hubby for a wonderful, even if brief stay, at your property...you went out of your way to make our group stay a terrific experience! I hope we can return for a visit! Your hospitality was superb!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank s_elisa2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had a nice stay at their cottages. However they advertise air conditioning and in their cottages they do not offer air conditioning. Only in the motel part so if you want air conditioning then I would advise not to rent a cottage. The only other negative was that I had asked for a crib in the room which we did eventually receive but I had to walk up and carry it down myself they do not bring any item to guests which are needed. A great thing is they give you a park pass to Parlee Beach so you do not pay for parking at the beach that is the main attraction and a minute from. If you are a family then Pizza Delight is a minute walk away for an inexpensive supper that can generally please the whole family. The room was bright and clean and they had every kitchen utensil possible available. One thing I would suggest bringing is a BBQ lighter if you want to BBQ. I was there with my mom and 2 year old and we had a great stay and were able to see all the attractions Shediac has to offer within minutes. There is lots of room for parking and the rooms are spacious as well. I was able to fit the crib in the same room with me to sleep. I also would suggest bringing laundry soap with you if you wanted to do personal laundry while you stay there. They provide you with soap for your final wash of the towels. This is a great place to bring your family, at the end of the cottages there is a giant play park and it is a quiet street so kids can go outside and play without fear of traffic. I will go back next summer!

Room Tip: For A/C stay in the motel. However the windows in the cottages all open.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Aveda1
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed there last year for the Shediac Motocycle Rally....Planning on booking again this year...great location..excellent service..Rooms were spacious and clean..Friendly owner and staff.... no issues at all..Marie D

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danny961
Reviewed 14 August 2013

So I decided on a whim to go to Shediac NB, without reserving room first, thinking I would find one when I get there. Bad idea? Yes! Thank god I found this motel! Seeing as this was really last minute, I was expecting moth eaten linen, water stains and horrible smells. I was not expecting this adorable little (pretty big actually) room. Clean, with every accomodation you would expect from a HOTEL. Wi-Fi, air conditioning, clean towels, clean linen, well... clean everything really. Close to the town, Tim Hortons and McD's at a walkable distance. Price was fair considering I'm in season! And the owners were super nice and friendly and seem to really want you to have a nice stay. I have read some of the bad reviews and don't understand them at all. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the beautiful town of Shediac!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Josiannedes
St. George, NB
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just returned home from an awesome vacation in Shediac at the Gaudet Motel. Rooms are very clean and large and the beds are super comfy, the owners always go above and beyond to make your stay there great. The motel is close to everything, and is situated right off Main Street but is quiet and relaxing. Dining and sightseeing can be done within walking distance and there is even a shuttle service to Parlee Beach! Had an amazing time and definitely be returning very soon :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda F
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed in cabin 4 July 10-18. Cabins are very nice and spacious and have everything you need. The only thing is you must check out by 9 am and the office does not open till 10. Before check out I washed all the towel and went one step further and stripped both beds and had them in the wash . We got a call from Gaudet 2 hours later saying there were 2 pillows missing. We told them there was 1 extra pillow in each closet with a blanket and two on each bed with 2 pillow shams. They said no there was 2 extra in each room. So my mother in law who is 77 yrs old went over to try and solve the issue who stayed in the 2nd bedroom was told she could not see the room and what is done was done. Why would we take 2 pillows when we were flying to Alta. that day. We are 61 and 56 years old and are we going to throw our clothes out to steal pillows in our suitcases. They should go in with their customers and go over everything and ensure nothing is missing so this does not happen to someone else. This has given us a bad experience and will not stay there again. They are going to charge our MC for the pillows and I am anxious to see the charge!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Marie L
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My sister and I spent a couple of weeks in August and really enjoyed our stay. The chalet was clean and ALLERGY proof (ceramic floors). There's also nothing like being able to toss your stuff in the washer/dryer after a full day at the beach. The neighbourhood was quiet and felt safe. Timmy's and McDonald's are right across the street. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. We both loved it! It's where we'll be staying on future trips.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank a d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shediac
Hotel Shediac
Maison Tait House
Maison Tait House
#2 of 12 in Shediac
Les Chalets de l'Aboiteau

Been to Gaudet Chalet & Motel Shediac? Share your experiences!