“Comfortable and clean”

Comfort Inn Corner Brook
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 3 nights in July and 1 night in August Rooms are somewhat dated but clean and comfortable. Rooms on main floor have patio doors which, for me, was great. Always nice to be able to let some fresh air in as most hotels nowadays do not have windows that open :( ladies on front desk at check in and check out were nice. Not much noise, but I guess that depends where your room is situated. I'd stay there again. Restaurant below is jungle Jim's! Over all, I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank seekingsun10
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

"Thank you" for your business and since you stayed 4 nights with us recently, we hope that you are a Choice member and collecting points for your frequent stays. We truly appreciate your kind comments about our products and service. You will be pleased to know that beginning Jan 2014, we are slated for a full upgrade to the hotel, which should make us more modern and improve your experience with us in future stays. Again, "thanks" for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was my first trip to Newfoundland for a good friend's wedding. I arrived on Aug 2, 2013 around noon or a little after and checked out Aug 5, 2013 a little after 11 am. I was on a strict budget and liked the price of the Comfort Inn, Corner Brook. I'm a travel consultant and have stayed in many types of accommodations over the years.

My experience with this hotel was pleasant and what you would expect from a hotel in the 2-2.5* range. What I like to call cheap and cheerful. Although my check in experience was less than stellar due to a form of payment mix-up, they did their best to rectify the situation and it by no means ruined my stay. The beds were exceptionally comfortable in a well-worn, slightly dated but clean room. My view of the harbour and the city were beautiful.

The housekeeper Maria was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed each day. I wish I could remember the name of the lady who checked me out because she deserves to be mentioned for her kind and enthusiastic demeanor at the front desk.

If you're on a budget this is a great place to stay in Corner Brook. It's attached to a Jungle Jim's and not even a 5 min walk to the mall and next door to a gas station. It was about a $10 cab ride to the University.

Room Tip: I paid the little bit extra for a Harbourview Room and it was well worth the extra $15 it cost total...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ESpinn
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your first trip to our Island with others. Yes indeed, we are very fortunate to have excellent Staff both in housekeeping and at the front desk. Hospitality is the most important item for u. You will also be pleased to know that we are preparing for a total Hotel upate early in 2014 so next time you make it over to see us, we'll not only have the same great view overlooking the harbour, but also new surroundings. Once again, we appreciate your kind comments!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

For the past ten years I have been travelling the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in my position as business development manager with a national company. When working on the west coast, Comfort Inn Corner Brook is my "home away from home." Staff, including the manager, are consistently friendly and accommodating, doing everything they can to make me feel at home and welcome. The hotel is clean and well maintained, and in winter they diligently care for snow and ice removal of surrounding walkways and parking lot to ensure safety. I appreciate having little keepsake tokens of appreciation in my room at check-in, and was recently offered a refrigerator in the room during a longer-than-usual stay. Meals are available at reasonable prices at the Jungle Jims restaurant in the hotel, where the staff are friendly and prompt. The restaurant is a very popular eatery in the city, sometimes resulting in a 15-20 minute wait, but since I can wait comfortably in my room, this is a minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: If a spectacular view is important to you, request a room overlooking the city. There is no elevator...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

A "million" thanks for sharing your generous compliments with us. We are so fortunate to have a great "Team" here at Comfort Inn and when a guest appreciates what we do, it certainly makes it all worth while! We always try our best to provide all the comforts of home for all our guests and when we have a client who has to stay multipe nights, we do our best to make them feel like they are coming "home" at the end of the day. Thank you again from all of us!!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

During our excursion to the west coast of Newfoundland during the third week of June we decided to venture down to Cornerbrook before heading back cross Island. As such we hadn't reserved a room but on a Sunday evening at this time of year weren't to worried. Our trusty Garmin once again got a bit confused finding this location <its actually quite close to the Trans Canada Highway> but eventually we found our way and were able to secure a room. Believe the rates for the second floor were a bit lower than the main level <no elevator> and that, as with other Choice Hotels, a Seniors Rate was applied. Our cost was $120/night plus tax which was the lowest of our ten days in Newfoundland. Mind you the room was also one of the 'simplest' - view of parking lot - one Queen bed, basic bathroom, etc. also. That being said it was clean and the room had been kept up to basic standards. The young gentleman at the desk was very accomodating with us and suggested we visit the walking trails in the middle of town. We did the next day <will attach one picture> and would recommend these walks to others for sure. Jungle Jims is an attached restaurant which was very popular on a Sunday evening. We were avoiding 'chain restaurants' on this trip and as such ventured downtown to a superb restaurant <Chez West> that had only been opened under new management for four days. Actually had one of the best meals on our trip at that place! We did have a few drinks in the lounge at JJ's and thoroughly enjoyed the friendly banter with the girls who worked there! Most accomodating 'tourist hosts' for sure ! Would recommend this motel to others for short term stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Many "thanks" for taking the time to share your experiences with us and others. Also "thank you" from our whole market for taking the time to add that beautiful picture of our treasured walking trial. We are proud of it. Maybe next time you're our way you'll consider taking a room with that great view of the harbour (the night scene can be very relaxing) We have them on both floors and some of them with fridges, which can make it convenient for people like yourself who stay a few nights. Again...our appreciation for you time.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

This hotel is about a 30 minute walk to the university, which I would never attempt in the winter! It is very near a McDonalds and small mall. It is a small hotel and the staff is small, I arrived at the same time as other people which meant it took a little while to check in. Many people expect to be able to walk in to this hotel without a reservation, however, a conference for 500 was in town when I stayed there which meant the hotel was fully booked. Restaurant attached which serves decent family fare. Room was very dated, clean but stuck in the 80s, bedspread pilly and worn, some stains on the desk chair, etc. Seeing the key entry, I went out an outside door thinking I could walk around, when I turned to get back in, on closer inspection the guts were hauled out of it and I couldn't get back in! There is no elevator. You can open doors on the first floor and sit outside, which creates some noise on the city facing side, although people seem to like the view. You can get good prices through the Comfort Inn website, so that does make it decent value.

Room Tip: City facing views available. There are also rooms beside storage rooms which seem to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

"Thank you" for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experiences with us. Yes, we are located next door to the mall and it is the largest mall in our little City. Our City landscpae is very scenic but certainly that is what can make it difficult at times for someone who is used to "walking" place to place. Thank you too, for noticing our great housekeeping services. You will be pleased to know that in the very near future, we will be upgrading all our guest rooms with a new bedding program. As you also noted we do have rooms which overlook the harbour and can be a great selection for some. We appreciate that you found our Comfort Inn website a good value. Thanks again for your time.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel is located as you enter Corner Brook from the Trans Canada Hwy. Not within walking distance of downtown. The only restaurants are in the hotel next door and the Jungle Jim attached to the Comfort Inn.
This causes the problem - no continental breakfast at this hotel because of Jungle Jims. There is a MacDonalds next door.
Fridge in the room is an extra charge.
Free coffee and tea but no milk or cream only the disgusting powdered creamer even though there is a fridge where the coffee and tea are.
Parking can be tight if it is busy at Jungle Jims.

Probably better to find a local B & B where at least you will get breakfast.
This Comfort Inn is somewhat expensive for less services than other locations.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the road and not the parking lot - lots of noise when the gang leave Jungle...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cowsonthefarm
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us. So sorry if you didn't find our location ideal for your needs. No we are not within walking distance of the City center, however, we are next door to the largest shopping area and less than a five minute drive to the City center. "Thank you" for your comments "room and Staff were good"; always appreciated by all. It is through comments such as yours that allows us to have a 2nd look at other products and services and see if we can improve them for others and your next stay. Once again, "thanks" for your time.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Passing through Corner Brook I stopped late one evening and with enough luck they had a room available. When I first arrived there was not a person to be seen. I stood at the reception desk for a good five minutes as the phone behind the counter rang...no one appeared. Finally, a women came from the hallway...she did not seem to be pleased. I felt like more of an inconvenience that a welcomed guest. As I layed my head down to go to sleep I heard what sounded to be closet doors slamming in my own room and voices talking (my room did not have a closet nor anyone else). I could only assume that it was from the room next door. In addition, at about 4am I woke up to someone crying, awesome. Overall, the room was clean, which is a must for me and it has a Jungle Jim's attached, and it was a good meal. It was a good deal, but I would have to say I will not be running back anytime soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhiledelphiaCollins
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. Our sincere apologies if your welcome was not as "welcome" as it should have been. Sharing your experience will help us better ourselves in all aspects of our service and delivery. We are glad though that the cleanliness of the room met with your standards and that you enjoyed your meal at Jungle Jims. Again, our appreciation for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corner Brook
Marble Inn Resort
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
The Marble Villa at Marble Mountain Resort

Been to Comfort Inn Corner Brook? Share your experiences!