“Disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Lewisporte, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was very disappointed with our 2 night stay. The first night the toilet didn't flush and the next night we moved to a diffrent room and the sink was clogged. I was told all upgrades were finished when I booked the room. No elevator to second floor which did not help when you have luggage to carry. It was snowing a lot the second night all parking spots were completely taken. I would think that a fully booked hotel would accommodate parking for all customers since we all pay for the same services. The parking lot was not plowed and very slippery. The staff did nothing to help with parking only give me the managers number to call the next day. Not only did I get stuck in parking lot with all the snow but I had to wait 35 minutes for costumers from jungle Jim's to leave so I could park in there spot after. Other people waited behind me doing the same thing. Also the hotel staff was trying to blame jungle Jim's staff for taking up parking, in which they were not, I thought this conversation should not have been in front of customers. It was a very inconvient weekend and staff did nothing to help with it and really didn't care either. Will not stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for sharing the challenges that you unfortunately had to experience during your stay and for which we would like to apologize. The feedback you have provided will help us make improvements and will also help us take appropriate actions to correct them. It's true we are newly renovated, and with that came some difficiencies that we are trying to correct as quickly as we can. It's also true that our Partner "Jungle Jims" is the most popular Restaurant in the City and it can sometimes create a parking issue, which we are reviewing and addressing. We're sorry too that you weren't advised when you booked a room on the 2nd floor that we don't have an elevator. Sometimes we just assume guests know this and we really shouldn't assume that. Your comments have helped us be more aware of this now. We clearly dropped the ball in showing you our true hospitality and for this again...our sincere apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Calgary
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Probably the kindest people I have ever met.
If it was possible to give them ten stars I would. Or maybe eleven. Wish it was possible to explain the gratitude I have for them.
Very considerate, understanding of pets. Very very clean rooms. :))

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words for our Staff. This is a special time of the year when giving and sharing should all come naturally and it was our pleasure to show you the true meaning of Christmas. I will certainly share your kind words and gratitude with them. All the best for 2014, hopefully we'll see you back this way again.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The Comfort Inn was a nice okay to stay. They even allowed me a few extra minutes to check out with no problem. My only complaints were that the toilet stopped flushing, I checked what was causing it, the chain had worn through the rubber stopper so I couldn't even put it back in. This wouldn't have been an issue to me at all, except that I had just used the sink and the drain got stuck too. So stuck I couldn't pull it up to drain the sink at all. I was so, so embarrassed because it wasn't me that paid for the room and it might've looked like I broke the sink and toilet within 10 minutes of check-in! I think when the Inn is updated, all of the otherwise little maintenance issues will disappear. People were friendly for sure and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, even though it sounds like we should have been more helpful with your bathroom issue. Never feel bad about letting us know right away when there is an issue, because that's what we're here for; to make you more comfortable. You're absolutely correct though is saying all those types of small issues will all be corrected with our scheduled total upgrade of every guest room in early January 2014. Hope to see you back again after that to ensure our new product. Thanks again for your time!.
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at the comfort inn for three weeks for work and I must say I was very happy with hotel. Yes it needs some updating, and it would have been helpful if there was a laundry service since I was there so long. But the staff are extremely helpful and so friendly. They always had a smile on their face and always asked how my day went. The hotel is basic but it is clean and comfortable. I had a room with a fridge and was able to buy a few groceries to make my own simple meals in the room. The beds and pillows are comfy and there was always an abundance of clean towels for me. The walls are a bit thin so you can hear everything that goes on in the room next door. Hopefully they will fix this when they have their renovation next year. Having the jungle Jim's next door was convenient for meals and the staff there were also super friendly. The food is your average pub fare but I must say I didn't have one bad meal. They do have healthy options so you don't have to eat fried food everyday. I had a lovely stay while in Cornerbrook and I would stay at the comfort inn again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank zaeen D
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
"Thank you" so much for your kinds words. I will certainly share them with our whole Team. It really means alot when a valued guest like yourself actually takes the time to write a detailed account of their experience while staying with us; especially when they are with us for an extended period of time. Our objective is to be your "home away from home"; so we are very pleased that you felt that way. You will also be pleased to know that we are sceduled for a full renovation plan in January of 2014 so hopefully by your next visit, we will be able to make you even more comfortable. Thanks again for your time!
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Booked for one night on-line while traveling from Rocky Harbor down to Port-aux-Basques while there were ferry cancellations ongoing. I must say I was quite disappointed in this facility. It does not compare at all to other Comfort Inns. There is no elevator to second floor!!! There is no breakfast facility (Jungle Jim's does not count) as in every other Comfort Inn we have ever stayed in. We were assigned a room and given keys, only to find the room totally unserviced and the maid still in it! They moved us to another room, but how inconvenient! There is no outdoor seating area to enjoy the view, and the fron desk personnel on checking in were not friendly. I must say that the room itself, bathroom, etc., were fine, but the other features certainly outweighed them to the negative side. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor.....there is no elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Russell S
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for sharing the few challenges that you unfortunatley had to experience during your stay and for which I would like to apologize. It is dificult at times for some guests who book rooms on the 2nd floor, when they arrive and see that we have no elevator. We do try to accomodate any guests that find the stairs difficult, with rooms on the main floor. My apologizes if that was not an alternative offered to you. Thank you though, for acknowledging the cleanliness of our housekeeping Staff. We appreciate the opportunity to understand our guests needs and also for sharing the positive aspects of your stay.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We usually like Comfort Inns. I have to say that we missed the continental breakfast. The adjoining restaurant Jungle Jim's is not a healthy choice restaurant for breakfast. No fruit - no cereals.
We also missed having laundry facilities. I will be checking more thoroughly on details of future Comfort Inns before booking. Will not assume all Comfort Inns meet our expectation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Our apologies for not meeting your total expectations. We do have a privately owned Restaurant on Property (Jungle Jims) and that is why we don't serve a continental breakfast. It would be nice if they had fruit or cereal though and we've passed your message on to them. Laundry facilities are something that "most" Comfort Inn's in Atlantic Canada don't have as yet, however, we appreciate your comments, as it's suggestions from valued clients like you, that help us change our product to meet your needs. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

While on a business trip I stayed a night at the Comfort Inn in Corner Brook on August 30 2013. I have to say that the staff where excellent. The rooms where clean, not much more you can ask for. Good Job to the staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thanks for your kind words! We are very fortunate in having great long tern Staff and it is the highlight of my job when I can share comments such as yours with our Staff. They work very hard and always do their very best to make guests feel at home. Hope you'll be back again next year to see all our upgrades that are slated for early January. Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corner Brook
Marble Inn Resort
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
Grenfell Campus Summer Accommodations, Memorial University of Newfoundland

Been to Comfort Inn Corner Brook? Share your experiences!