“Clean and convient”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and convient”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a nice stay at Comfort Inn. rooms were clean and rates are good. Probably the best "hotel" option on West coast of NL. nice staff and close to marble mtn. also it is within walking to shoppin mall and fast food .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Abe20142014
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Corner Brook. We are pleased that you like our "All new for you" product and bedding program that we'd done earlier this year.Hope you also like our newly decorated modern Lobby. Just this week we also upgraded our guest computer system to make it more convenient for all guest.
Thanks again for sharing and we hope that during your stay you have the opportunity to sign up for our frequent stay program. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Recently on another business trip I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Corner Brook for two nights. It was recently renovated and everything looked terrific and clean. I've stayed there numerous times in the past and have never been disappointed with my stay.

What made this trip to stand out even more, was the honesty of the staff. I was traveling across the island for the entire week and had three different purses with me (to match my outfits!) and I inadvertently left two of the purses in my dresser drawer. When I realized my mistake on the following day, I quickly called the hotel. When I gave her my name, she told me that they had been calling my home number to try and return the items. True to her word, minutes later I received a call from my husband to tell me that earlier in the day the staff of the Comfort Inn had left a message regarding the items I had left. I made arrangements to have a colleague pick up the purses.

I've accidentally left items in different hotels many times, many that I claimed later, but this is the first time the hotel took the time to track me down. Both purses where expensive leather bags.

Thanks so much for the honest and diligent staff at this hotel!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you don't want to climb a set of stairs with heavy bags, book a room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. It's always a pleasure to surprise and please guests by doing the right thing. We are very fortunate to have such great long term Staff who's concern is for the guest. We're also glad that you are enjoying our improved product!! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Corner Brook, last August, en route to Port aux Basques to catch the ferry to North Sydney, after a long day of driving from St. John's. We had a room on the lower floor, in the rear of the building and it was outdated and in desperate need of a paint job and new carpets. The carpets were in such bad shape, I insisted my family all keep their footwear on. We have stayed at this hotel in the past for various sporting events for one of my daughter's, and I couldn't believe it had fallen into such a state of ill repair.

Room Tip: If you book here, make sure that you request a room that's not on the lower level in the back!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Our sincere apologies for your uncomfortable stay in August of 2013. You will be very pleased to know that in January of this year we totally renovated every single guest room in the Hotel, plus all the common area and upgraded our Lobby as well.
Not only did we totally redo all the walls and carpeting, we also have total new bedding and have added some updates to the furniture as well. Our bathrooms now have complete new vanities and flooring as well.
We are now proud to say, we are all new and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to have you sample our hospitality again soon. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us.
Lewisporte, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was very disappointed with our 2 night stay. The first night the toilet didn't flush and the next night we moved to a diffrent room and the sink was clogged. I was told all upgrades were finished when I booked the room. No elevator to second floor which did not help when you have luggage to carry. It was snowing a lot the second night all parking spots were completely taken. I would think that a fully booked hotel would accommodate parking for all customers since we all pay for the same services. The parking lot was not plowed and very slippery. The staff did nothing to help with parking only give me the managers number to call the next day. Not only did I get stuck in parking lot with all the snow but I had to wait 35 minutes for costumers from jungle Jim's to leave so I could park in there spot after. Other people waited behind me doing the same thing. Also the hotel staff was trying to blame jungle Jim's staff for taking up parking, in which they were not, I thought this conversation should not have been in front of customers. It was a very inconvient weekend and staff did nothing to help with it and really didn't care either. Will not stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for sharing the challenges that you unfortunately had to experience during your stay and for which we would like to apologize. The feedback you have provided will help us make improvements and will also help us take appropriate actions to correct them. It's true we are newly renovated, and with that came some difficiencies that we are trying to correct as quickly as we can. It's also true that our Partner "Jungle Jims" is the most popular Restaurant in the City and it can sometimes create a parking issue, which we are reviewing and addressing. We're sorry too that you weren't advised when you booked a room on the 2nd floor that we don't have an elevator. Sometimes we just assume guests know this and we really shouldn't assume that. Your comments have helped us be more aware of this now. We clearly dropped the ball in showing you our true hospitality and for this again...our sincere apologies.
Calgary
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Probably the kindest people I have ever met.
If it was possible to give them ten stars I would. Or maybe eleven. Wish it was possible to explain the gratitude I have for them.
Very considerate, understanding of pets. Very very clean rooms. :))

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words for our Staff. This is a special time of the year when giving and sharing should all come naturally and it was our pleasure to show you the true meaning of Christmas. I will certainly share your kind words and gratitude with them. All the best for 2014, hopefully we'll see you back this way again.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The Comfort Inn was a nice okay to stay. They even allowed me a few extra minutes to check out with no problem. My only complaints were that the toilet stopped flushing, I checked what was causing it, the chain had worn through the rubber stopper so I couldn't even put it back in. This wouldn't have been an issue to me at all, except that I had just used the sink and the drain got stuck too. So stuck I couldn't pull it up to drain the sink at all. I was so, so embarrassed because it wasn't me that paid for the room and it might've looked like I broke the sink and toilet within 10 minutes of check-in! I think when the Inn is updated, all of the otherwise little maintenance issues will disappear. People were friendly for sure and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, even though it sounds like we should have been more helpful with your bathroom issue. Never feel bad about letting us know right away when there is an issue, because that's what we're here for; to make you more comfortable. You're absolutely correct though is saying all those types of small issues will all be corrected with our scheduled total upgrade of every guest room in early January 2014. Hope to see you back again after that to ensure our new product. Thanks again for your time!.
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at the comfort inn for three weeks for work and I must say I was very happy with hotel. Yes it needs some updating, and it would have been helpful if there was a laundry service since I was there so long. But the staff are extremely helpful and so friendly. They always had a smile on their face and always asked how my day went. The hotel is basic but it is clean and comfortable. I had a room with a fridge and was able to buy a few groceries to make my own simple meals in the room. The beds and pillows are comfy and there was always an abundance of clean towels for me. The walls are a bit thin so you can hear everything that goes on in the room next door. Hopefully they will fix this when they have their renovation next year. Having the jungle Jim's next door was convenient for meals and the staff there were also super friendly. The food is your average pub fare but I must say I didn't have one bad meal. They do have healthy options so you don't have to eat fried food everyday. I had a lovely stay while in Cornerbrook and I would stay at the comfort inn again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank zaeen D
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
"Thank you" so much for your kinds words. I will certainly share them with our whole Team. It really means alot when a valued guest like yourself actually takes the time to write a detailed account of their experience while staying with us; especially when they are with us for an extended period of time. Our objective is to be your "home away from home"; so we are very pleased that you felt that way. You will also be pleased to know that we are sceduled for a full renovation plan in January of 2014 so hopefully by your next visit, we will be able to make you even more comfortable. Thanks again for your time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corner Brook
Grenfell Campus Summer Accommodations, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Marblewood Village Resort
Marblewood Village Resort
#1 of 1 in Steady Brook

Been to Comfort Inn Corner Brook? Share your experiences!