“Very nice accommodations”

Greenwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The room we had was clean room,f but had few amenities. Check in staff wasn't attentive or overly friendly. Restaurant food ok and and requires more staff. Parking is convenient, and the location is very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NewfoundlandPublican

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Booked a 2 night stay for my 10th wedding anniversary on July 12/13. Never been to Corner Brook before so my wife and I went to sight see and do some zip lining at marble mountain. Ignore all negative reviews of this hotel. This was a great place. People must be really picky and extremely high maintenance if they did not like this hotel. Beds are awesome. Swimming pool is clean, full sized and deep for swimming. Location is right downtown and only minutes from the centre of the city and broadway for nice restaurants and nightlife. You can walk anywhere. Their new restaurant was the only place we could find downtown that offered an outdoor patio to have a cold beer on a hot day and the food was great as well. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Great experience. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park. Great view from your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lamonte
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed here for two nights (June 22 and 23, 2013) and came away with mixed feelings. This is an older hotel that seems to have been renovated but still shows its' age. The staff, especially housekeeping were wonderful and helpful in every way and the restaurant was fine with good food and good value for the dollar.

The beds are absolutely AWESOME!

The BIG negative we found is that the CARPET in the room and in the common areas was BADLY in need of cleaning to the point where we should have requested a different room but we were already unpacked so we lived with it.

I don't want this to reflect on the housekeeping staff, the rest of the room was very clean, it's just the carpets that were a disaster and had not been shampooed for ages.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I am a resident of Corner Brook and eat in restaurants quite a bit. It's been four months since I have been back to the Crown & Moose but it will be a hell of a lot longer between chances the next time. My $40-50 stayed in my pocket.

On Valentine's Day 2013 we arrived at the Crown & Moose restaurant and 55 minutes later we left without eating. This was 4 months ago, so when it was suggested that we go there for lunch today because they have a new "Lunch Crunch" menu I said sure thinking that the service may have gotten better but, not to any great surprise, it had not. This time I only wasted 20 minutes of my time. We got our menus relatively quickly but that was the end of it. After 20 minutes a drink order had not even been taken. So, once again we got up and left.

If this was a one-off the staff and management could probably blame it on being busy but it definitely wasn't a one-off. This happened many times after I realized that my time is important and I couldn't be afraid of offending the staff any longer. I cannot accept because 80% of the restaurant is full that they can blame it on "being busy". What was the excuse the other times I left when the restaurant was 20% full???

Bottom line: bad management.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

It was an ok hotel . The rooms we ok but no fridge in the room so if u are there for a few days that is a little in convenient. The other was that you could not go to the Resturant and order something to bring to your room. You have to call room service and they will bring it to you for a charge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Greenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Corner Brook. While our standard rooms do not provide refrigerators, all King rooms, suites and accessible rooms are furnished with in-room refrigerators. I appreciate the suggestion for having all rooms with this amenity. We will consider it as we discuss our planning for future standard room changes. We hope to see you again while you visit our City.

Peter Antle - General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We are currently staying at Greenwood Inn and Suites. This would not be our choice of hotel but we were set up through a company due to traveling for medical reasons. I found the lady at the front desk during check in to be very cold and didnt explain much. The restaurant is a hit and miss, we've dined there for breakfast and it was great but we've also dined there for supper and found it to be very tasteless. BUT the service is great. The location of the hotel isn't too bad. There are a few shops along this road, a shoppers, Tim hortons, department stores, Chinese restaurants, etc. The corner brook plaza is about a 25 minute walk away and has a few decent stores to shop. The hotel does have a "fitness center" which consists of a couple treadmills, and a pool which is actually nice! But could use a good scrub aroun the edges. So after all of that being said, it is the hotel room that ruined this stay for us. It is a very small room with very tired and tacky decor. For a hotel that was recently renovated, it is still extremely out dated. The beds are very uncomfortable and have left us stiff every morning. The "bathroom" is a tub and a toilet in a tiny room that you can barely turn around in and across the hall in a separate room is the mirror and sink!! Bizarre set up if you ask me. There is also a terrible sound barrier in this hotel. We can here everything down to our neighbors peeing in the bathroom!!! It's been he loudest hotel we've ever stayed in... Doors slamming, people running up and down the halls, water tuning in the rooms next door and upstairs. It's awful when you are trying to get a decent nights sleep. We didnt call the front desk to complain because its simply something they would not be able to fix, it's just the sound barrier the hotel is lacking. We have a couple more nights here and I have to say we are not looking forward to it. But it's out of our hands this time around. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and will not return.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Missy C
Peter A, General Manager at Greenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for your honesty. Indeed we did complete some upgrades to the rooms as relates to televisions, coffee makers, telephones and matresses. We are in the planning stages for replacing the linen and drapery for all guest rooms.

I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and ensure we get things right for you. Please fell free to drop in at any time during the remainingr days of your stay with us.

Peter Antle, General Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed at the Greenwood for one night. Stay was fine beds were comfortable. The problem was when I got my credit card statement they charged me $4.00. I called and asked them what the charge is they said the snack basket. I never had anything out of the basket. So beware they will sneek a charge in there. Maybe the housekeeping is taking the stuff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Marble Inn Resort
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
Grenfell Campus Summer Accommodations, Memorial University of Newfoundland

Been to Greenwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!