“What a wonderful lil home away from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corner Brook
Strawberry Hill Inn & Clahets
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Corner Brook
St. John's, Canada
“What a wonderful lil home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is my first stay at Strawberry Hill Resort and I loved it. The view there is sooo nice....Where we stayed was in the loft and it over looked the Humber River.....all I can say was AMAZING!!! The place was very clean, lots of towels :) and the staff was wonderful. While we were there they had a few wedding receptions and the place was decorated so nice......It is a great place to sit back and relax....enjoy the view and sounds. Also its a great spot to take pictures. Next time I go out that way I would surely go back and stay....but next time I hope to go fishing on the Humber River. Thanks so much to Viola and her wonderful staff for making us feel at home!!! Keep up the great work! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bernadette G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were here in mid July for a wedding and were not impressed.

First off when we tried booking a room for the wedding approximately 2 months before the wedding we were told by the owner that everything was booked. I was later informed by the bride that the owner was apparently telling everyone who was trying to book a room that there was no availability with no explanation. Then if the guest happened to mention this to the bride she would have to contact strawberry hill to advise that the person wanting the room was in fact a wedding guest. Then we would have to contact the inn again to book. When I tried to book, I mentioned right away that I was one of the wedding guests and I was told everything was booked and I would be placed on a wait list. I found out later when I spoke to the bride that there was in fact a chalet available but I was annoyed that I was not told this initially so I chose to stay somewhere else.

On the actual day of the wedding, the ceremony was lovely and before dinner there was drinks and appetizers, that was all lovely and no complaints there. The food at the wedding was not that great, while the soup appetizer was nice the main course was truly nothing special and was in fact bland. The best part of the meal were the desserts which were made by one of the bride's friends (I.e. not by Strawberry Hill). One of the bride's friends had to go cut the desserts and serve them to the guests because no staff were around to do this.

At the end of the meal, staff came around with coffee and tea but they were not offering decaf coffee (it was getting late in the evening at this point, many people don't want to have a lot of caffeine at this time of the night).

The washroom situation was atrocious. Unless you were staying on the property (and many guests weren't) there was only one men's washroom and one women's washroom for everyone. Right before the dance started I used the washroom only to discover there was no longer any soap in the women's washroom and it was obvious that no one had been attending the washroom at all during the day. The garbage bin was overflowing to the point garbage was ready to fall on the floor.

I wouldn't recommend this place.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank su m
Petty Harbour, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

My third stay at strawberry hill resort, first time was recommanded and now I go back because of Viola!! Not only the place is clean and cozy, but Viola will make you feel right at home...the Estate is breathtaking and very well maintained, flowers everywhere!! Overlooking the Humber River, it's a great place for salmon fishing. As a Frequent traveller (local) across the island, I do recommand to anyone that need a place to stay, don't hesitate this place is perfect!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ChantalnShane
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Do NOT book here. I had booked a chalet and had it booked/confirmed AND gave the woman my credit card number, then she tells me that I couldn't actually have the chalet. Absolutely NO organization - apparently there is more than one person taking bookings and they do not communicate or have an organized booking system. Was very excited to stay here with friends but I can guarantee you that I will NEVER go to this place and I will NEVER recommend it to anyone. Terrible customer service and experience. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah F
Corner Brook, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Although the place looked very nice, it was very untidy and unclean. The door knobs on the bedrooms were broken so if you closed the doors they would swing back open, the fire place did not work and I found it very cold there late in the night. It took a long time to get checked in, the lady was very extremely rude. I was told that the hot tub did not work which was one of my main reasons for going there, So me and my company went for a walk on the premises by the river later that evening and the hot was there fully functioning, you could hear it cutting in when we walked passed. I got the feeling they just did not want us to use it.The pool or restraunt wasn't open. We didn't get to do anything only walk around. My overall stay was nothing like I had expected it to be. I feel it was just a waste of my $191. I won't go back there again. Then after I left, I had a call from management looking for a bag of "special road salt". In which then my company and I were accused of stealing this salt, as if I have nothing better to do then go on a getaway and steal salt. I find that very insulting. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Susan W
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

Booked The Loft while on business last week. Very clean. Beautiful view off the back deck veer looking the Humber river. Staff were very helpful making bookings and during my stay. I look forward to returning.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jsobol
cornerbrook
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

i had an awkward experience when i visited strawberry hill, while i had one staff getting me situated in a chalet, (which was a lengthy process to begin with).. i overheard whom i assume to be the lady in charge yelling at one of the other staff about using cleaning products, she kept saying that its a waste of money.. i actually heard her tell her to use dish liquid!!

when i went to my chalet i couldn't help but wonder if it just looked clean or if it really was,
if it wasn't for the bottom of the receipt that clearly stated NO REFUNDS i would not have stayed

it was a beautiful property and wonderful area to get away, and just so you know the food was amazing.
i would highly recommend it to anyone who isn't afraid of germs...

Room Tip: the first chalet s the only chalet that is not attached, so if your looking to party or need quit i...