“Beautiful and caring staff!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strawberry Hill Inn & Chalets

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corner Brook
Strawberry Hill Inn & Chalets
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Corner Brook
Pasadena, Newfoundland, Canada
“Beautiful and caring staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I think that someone that has a bad comment about this place,are very spoiled!!! My stay at this place was Heaven!! Staff couldn't be more caring and the food was awesome.Had my wedding there,and it was all decorated beautifully.As for young staff there,i think they done a beautiful job!!Well done girls!!I recemend this place to anyone and to anyone that would be thinking about having a wedding there!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Flora F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week in the mansion house and cannot praise the staff enough. Viola, Martina and Tina made us feel so welcome that we left as friends. On our first evening Viola asked us to treat the place as our home and that is just what we did. We wanted for nothing and were extremely comfortable. The house sits in beautiful grounds adjoining the Humber River with a well-appointed terrace where we sat enjoying pre-dinner drinks most evenings. The rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of towels which were changed daily. Would return without hesitation.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stonier
St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My friends and I could not wait to attend our friends wedding at strawberry hill but we were totally disappointed with the food, service, and setup. The finger foods served before the meal were great but there was no where to put the garbage! The meal itself served at the reception was not fit to feed a dog. The chicken was a bland, tasteless, pumped chicken breast served with canned vegetables, gravy and mashed potatoes (that had no butter, cream or herbs). Dessert was delicious (thanks to the bride and groom families). Some of the servers appeared to be of the age of 12 and up therefore very awkward and quiet. One of the young girls actually spilled some milk on the table while pouring it and just looked up and giggled. Although, Im not sure why she put milk on the table because they missed our table for coffee and tea. Oh and don't drink too much because there's only one bathroom on the property (unless someone you know has a room). And to top it all off, there was ONE bartender working at the bar which was stupidly situated in a corner close to the entrance of the dance area, so most of the night you had to maneuver yourself in such away so you didn't bump into someone and/or spill your drink. I know it seems like I may be being too harsh but we all thought the same thing. I loved the scenery, the wedding and dancing, and weddings personal touches but I would never go to this place for a meal and expect good service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 0726jane
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our famlly of 29 stayed at Strawberry Hill for a 5 day weekend. Between the 29 of us we rented 5 cabins and had a great time. The cabins were all nicely appointed, very clean and well equpped. So nice for every family to have their own space but only seconds to the other cabins. We danced and sang into the wee hours of the morning and were never told to quiet it down which was nice because we were having so much fun. Staff is very friendly and most accomadating. Zip lining was around the corner which is so much fun for everyone. Golfers raved about the Humber River Club. Hikers loved the Gros Morne hike (albeit only for the serious hikers). Went to a nearby beach for an afternoon and again fun for the kids. We couldn't have found a better site for our reunion.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lianne C
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is my first stay at Strawberry Hill Resort and I loved it. The view there is sooo nice....Where we stayed was in the loft and it over looked the Humber River.....all I can say was AMAZING!!! The place was very clean, lots of towels :) and the staff was wonderful. While we were there they had a few wedding receptions and the place was decorated so nice......It is a great place to sit back and relax....enjoy the view and sounds. Also its a great spot to take pictures. Next time I go out that way I would surely go back and stay....but next time I hope to go fishing on the Humber River. Thanks so much to Viola and her wonderful staff for making us feel at home!!! Keep up the great work! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bernadette G
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were here in mid July for a wedding and were not impressed.

First off when we tried booking a room for the wedding approximately 2 months before the wedding we were told by the owner that everything was booked. I was later informed by the bride that the owner was apparently telling everyone who was trying to book a room that there was no availability with no explanation. Then if the guest happened to mention this to the bride she would have to contact strawberry hill to advise that the person wanting the room was in fact a wedding guest. Then we would have to contact the inn again to book. When I tried to book, I mentioned right away that I was one of the wedding guests and I was told everything was booked and I would be placed on a wait list. I found out later when I spoke to the bride that there was in fact a chalet available but I was annoyed that I was not told this initially so I chose to stay somewhere else.

On the actual day of the wedding, the ceremony was lovely and before dinner there was drinks and appetizers, that was all lovely and no complaints there. The food at the wedding was not that great, while the soup appetizer was nice the main course was truly nothing special and was in fact bland. The best part of the meal were the desserts which were made by one of the bride's friends (I.e. not by Strawberry Hill). One of the bride's friends had to go cut the desserts and serve them to the guests because no staff were around to do this.

At the end of the meal, staff came around with coffee and tea but they were not offering decaf coffee (it was getting late in the evening at this point, many people don't want to have a lot of caffeine at this time of the night).

The washroom situation was atrocious. Unless you were staying on the property (and many guests weren't) there was only one men's washroom and one women's washroom for everyone. Right before the dance started I used the washroom only to discover there was no longer any soap in the women's washroom and it was obvious that no one had been attending the washroom at all during the day. The garbage bin was overflowing to the point garbage was ready to fall on the floor.

I wouldn't recommend this place.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank su m
Petty Harbour, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

My third stay at strawberry hill resort, first time was recommanded and now I go back because of Viola!! Not only the place is clean and cozy, but Viola will make you feel right at home...the Estate is breathtaking and very well maintained, flowers everywhere!! Overlooking the Humber River, it's a great place for salmon fishing. As a Frequent traveller (local) across the island, I do recommand to anyone that need a place to stay, don't hesitate this place is perfect!!!

• Stayed June 2013
#1 of 1 in Steady Brook
Marble Inn Resort
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook

Been to Strawberry Hill Inn & Chalets? Share your experiences!