“Good value, fun walk!”

St. John's Haunted Hike
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: Newfoundland's most popular paranormal attraction - a ghostly walking tour of the haunted streets of old St. John's.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We did "Ghosties and Ghoulies", listed as the more kid-friendly of the two hikes. We have no kids, but my imagination loves a good story so I chose this one, not wanting to ruin my holiday with nightmares. Well, I needn't have worried because this walk was almost a bit too tame even for me, so if you actually want a bit of a scare, try the other version.
However, the guys who do this are very entertaining. They showed up in full extravagant regalia which really got everyone excited. A horde of people turned out, which they told us is the norm in July and August. They were prepared for this; their voices are loud and clear, and there was plenty of room for everyone at all the stops along the way. It was a fun way to spend an evening, and we learned quite a bit about St John's! For ten bucks a head, this is a super deal and really rather fun.
It starts and ends at St John's Anglican Cathedral, which is well worth a daytime visit too.

2  Thank Canada-Oz

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have attended all of the Haunted Hikes and I must say that it is nothing short of amazing. Each one took you on a tour of St.John's and every stop made provides a piece of history. The people giving the tours are always in character from start to finish and really brings you into a different sense of mind. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys history and a love for the morbid things in life. It was a great experience overall

5  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We hiked up and down hills listening to grizzly tales of the past. The actors led us through back allies and to sights of murder and mayhem, as well as through the many grave sites in the city. Well spoken and interesting to hear of some of St John's dicey past.

4  Thank 13kath14
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our guide was wonderful. He was right in character, spoke clearly and loudly, and made sure the tour was interesting for all. We have done these types of walks in almost every city we travel to, and this was one of the best. Would highly recommend it.

5  Thank Lockski
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I enjoyed this tour through downtown St. John's. Hearing of the town's haunted history was quite interesting and fun. Our guide, Father Phineas made this an entertaining and fun experience for us. He was also quite knowledgeable of the town's history in general. We did the Ghosts and Ghoulies tour. I'd love to do the "Sinners and Spirits" or "Ghosts of Signal Hill" tour as well. A good time. :-D

3  Thank SoSammi M
Dale J, Owner at St. John's Haunted Hike, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for the review! We hope to see you back on one of our other offerings! - Dale