“Good clean play to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Brand new place that has very good service.
The rooms were good size and the staff was very nice and helpful.
The breakfast was ok, nothing extraordinary.
I would recommend for any business traveler (I did not get to enjoy the pool and slide, but it looked fun).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TravelPro1977
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear TravelPro1977:

Taking the time to offer us feedback and a great rating at this busy time of year is very much appreciated to my team and I. We truly value the opinions and comments of all our valued guests; it was a pleasure to learn that you had a great experience. Maybe next time you can enjoy our pool and waterslide on a return trip.

Once again, it was a pleasure to serve you and we truly hope that you consider Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's on your next visit and call us your "home away from home!"

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Joyous NewYear!

Warmest wishes,

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield in early December for work purposes. The hotel is very modern and clean. The included breakfast was excellent, saving a nice bit of money in a restaurant. I will continue to book this hotel as I go to St John's for business, and would definitely take my family there as there is a great pool and water slide for the kids.
The hotel is located on Kenmount road - a 15 minute walk to the mall

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank truehabsfan
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear TrueHabsFan:

Thank you for the outstanding rating and feedback; we truly appreciate it and value your patronage. Ensuring that all of our guests are taken care, from the time you enter our doors, to the time you depart is, and always will be, our objective. After all a "promise is a promise" and my team of professionals take it to heart!

Once again, we are delighted you chose FIS as your "home away from home" and hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently and we had a great stay. From check in to check out everything went like clock work. The girls on the desk when we checked in were very professional and courteous. The room was spacious, clean and well decorated. The kids loved the pool and waterslide. Breakfast was hot, fresh and a good selection.
Our thanks to the whole staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RodWhite
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Mr.White:

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites as your "home away from home" and taking your valuable time to rate and provide us with feedback. We certainly appreciate the 5/5 rating and I will be sharing this great review with our associates in our morning huddle. We are delighted that everything was favorable to you and your family!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband & I stayed at this wonderful hotel. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very friendly & bubbly front desk clerk who quickly checked us in and advised us of all of the amenities available. The hotel lobby is very welcoming and beautifully decorated. Our room was very inviting, modern & spotless. A lovely sitting area overlooking the city with a beautiful view, especially at night:) Keurig Machines in every room and an awesome Breakfast in the morning:) Fairfield Inn & Suites go above and beyond other hotels in the area with everything being very high end . I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The best views are on the back of the hotel which overlook the city!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAL317
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear JAL317:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and rate Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's. The great rating and wonderful feedback will be communicated to my team and we are very pleased that everything was to your satisfaction. Creating a positive guest experience is our goal each and every day and we hope that you will return in the near future to make our property your home away from home!

General Manager.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Myself and my wife had the misfortune of staying at this hotel on November 2nd, 2013. We decided to try this hotel, rather than we normally stay as it was a new hotel.

Part 1 - We were first given Room #501. As I was walking down the hallway the closer I got to the room I could hear a noise possibly from the ventilation system. When we opened the door to the room I could hear it even louder from the ventilation in the bathroom. It was marginally better when you closed the bathroom door. We returned to the front desk where we were given another Room #511 on the same floor. Upon entering this room the same ventilation noise was probably half as much as our previous room. Certainly not ideal when you are looking for a quiet relaxing atmosphere. We decided to stay and try it out anyway.

Part 2 - At about 3:30AM we awoke to the sound of kids "horsing" around in the hallway. There were 8-10 young teens in the immediate area of our door. My wife promptly called the front desk. When we opened our door to see what was going on they all scattered. Apparently there were a large number of youths staying at the hotel for sports tournament. Where were the parents or chaperones while this was going on I have no idea? However they had to be staying at the hotel as you cannot even access the elevator after hours without your room key card. At around 7:00AM it sounded like they were all out in the hallway again.

Part 3 - After our "premature" wake up call we got ready for the day and went to the front desk to speak with the staff as we were booked to stay two more nights. My wife spoke with the supervisor on duty and explained the issues we had the previous night. She promptly gave us the standard company policy line of everything they do to satisfy their customers. I also spoke with another lady who was working at the counter regarding the noise coming back through the ventilation system on the 5th floor. I knew there was no possible way that there had not been complaints about it before. She confirmed to me that she had heard complaints from the other end of the 5th floor usually when the wind is blowing. The only thing was while we stayed there there was no wind? There was no offer to us by the supervisor to resolve our complaints.

We promptly went across the street and booked in to our usual hotel. When we returned to check out of the Fairfield Inn. My wife again had another discussion with the supervisor, at this time she charged us a reduced price for the room. If she had done this the first time and/or apologized we might not have left, go figure!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms on the top/fifth floor. There is definitely an issue with a noisy ventilation sy...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SkyontheROCK
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Steve007_10:

Thankyou for the detailed comments. I am disappointed that you did not have a positive experience on your recent trip and I do apologize. Being a new property, as with any new build, there will be challenges and rest assured we are diligently working to eliminate such deficiencies as you had mentioned in your feedback. Our objective is to provide comfortable surroundings for our valued guests and consistently ensure that everything is just right, uncomplicated and everything is in working order. I will be bringing your comments to the leadership team and actioning accordingly. Once again, my sincerest apologies and I hope, at another time, you will give us a second opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel and we found that it was exceptional in all ways.
Check-in process was quick and informative
Greeted with a smile
Rooms were spacious and very clean
Keurig Coffee was a BONUS
Breakfast was delicious and great selection
Cleaning Staff were friendly and very accommodating
Pool was a little small but served the purpose
Water Slide doesn't end in the pool making it safer and saves space in the pool
Check Out was also efficient
The exercise room was excellent with very high end equipment
Although the location is on a busy street with turning left a little difficult
It is WORTH it in every other way

Room Tip: We stayed in the wheelchair accessible room because the other rooms weren't cleaned upon check-i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Dwayne:

"Guests mean business," thank you so much for the raving comments and excellent rating on Trip Advisor!! Sharing such feedback with my leadership and associate team is a great motivator!
We want to ensure consistency in comfort and service and it looks like we've achieved that goal on your recent stay.
We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing our property, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's, as your home away from home.

Warmest regards from the FIS team.

General Manager.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity to stay here this past weekend and was very impressed! The staff were very nice and upgraded us upon arrival. The room was huge, clean and was very relaxing. The breakfast was also very good. The hotel is modern and is very clean and inviting. I was also impressed with the location, close to the mall and downtown. If you are ever in St. John's, don't pass this one up.

Stayed: October 2013
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Trilogy86:

It is a delight to receive such a great review and comments, thank you so much! I will be sure to share this information with my team as it certainly acts as a great motivator. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope that upon your next visit to St.John's you choose Fiarfield Inn & Suites St.John's as your home a way from home!

All the best,