“Didn't want to leave!!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Checked in for a nights stay to celebrate Valentines Day and our stay was, or should I say is, wonderful. (Currently still in the hotel) We booked a regular room and were upgraded to a suite when we checked in! The suite was perfect! On our next stay, which there will be in the near future we will opt for the suite again! Worth the extra few dollars! Also, the chocolate covered strawberries were to die for ... Wouldn't mind to have some again right now.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Nicole S,

One Fairfield's guest promises is to ALWAYS give you the service that will make you want to return. Along with that promise we want to give our valued guests Everything they expect and Nothing they don't. By doing so we consistently deliver an experience that's just right!

My team and I are so delighted that we were able to turn a moment into a memory!

Thank you for your feedback and excellent rating;We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and myself and 3 kids(age 4,5,11) stayed there in a queen suite. Very nice staff, very clean bright modern room. Comfy beds. Never used the pool but looked awesome. Breakfast was awesome. The staff kept it very clean and there was lords to chose from and tasty. We will be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Tracey H:

Thank you for the feedback and 5/5 rating on Trip Advisor. I will be sharing your comments with my Breakfast Team in particular.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you and your family. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and my team was able to provide you with a home away from home experience.

We hope you will stay with us again in the near future and your children have an opportunity to enjoy our pool and waterslide.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and I enjoyed it. It was very clean and the staff were very attentive. The room was large and modern, the flat screen TVs were awesome and the king size bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious, hot and plentiful. Having a microwave in the room was great too. It was a nice extra touch having cookies at the desk in the evening. The pool was great as well. I had an excellent stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Julie M:

We are delighted that you took your valuable time to post a comment and rating on Trip Advisor. 5/5 ratings don't come easy and that's why my team of professionals work diligently to ensure each and every guest is taken care of from the time of reservation and beyond.

Our commitment and promise is to deliver consistent service, ensuring peace of mind comfort during your visit.
I will be passing along your comments to my team as I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear them.

Thank you for your patronage and choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's as your "home away from home!" Hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I took my young Son and his friend here as a late New Years Eve treat. We had a ball ! The room was well equipped, clean and quiet. I was impressed with the modern appliances and the full sized hair dryer. The staff was very accommodating and professional. We spent a cold winter's night sitting by the pool and playing on the waterslide. The complimentary breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide variety. I highly recommend this hotel !!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane M
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Jane M:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a great rating and wonderful feedback. The Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's team takes great pride to ensure our valued guests are taken care of from the moment of arrival to your departure. It's about attention to detail, offering the right service, at the right time, with the right people in place to deliver consistently without fail.

It was a pleasure to be of service and we are delighted you chose FIS as your destination property and home away from home. Hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a new hotel so as you would expect the rooms are clean. We stayed here Boxing night and found the staff very attentive. There was a snow storm when we left but I was able to start the truck from the room window.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Welshnewfie
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear WelshNewfie:

First and foremost Happy New Year and thank you so very much for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites as your destination hotel and your home away from home during the holiday period. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and surroundings!

Hope to see you on a return visit in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Its a great hotel, very clean and the staff are quite friendly.
There is a complimentary breakfast which I have found to be plentiful and not bad. This hotel is more expensive then other hotels in this area and that is definitely to be taken into consideration. There are fridges, microwaves and a coffee maker in the rooms. The suites are very nice with a large tv in front of the bed and another tv in the sitting room area. There is also a pool with a waterslide that is suitable for children, small children.
The only downside would be the price of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine S
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Elaine S:

Thank you for your comments and rating, much appreciated.

We are delighted that you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's as your destination hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and have you as one of our valued guests. We are pleased that you took advantage of our Complimentary Hot Breakfast and mentioned our amenity selection that was to your liking.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I just stayed at the Fairfield Mariott St. John's , Newfoundland. The reason I booked this hotel for New Years is because I knew that there is a pool and slide available... Great for kids! However, the next morning at 7:00 when we went to go swimming with our very excited 5 year old the pool was closed for maintenance . The chlorine levels needed to be adjusted and water needed to be added to the pool. The pool did not open until 10:15 ( check out is at 11:00) and then we were told that it probably would be too cold to swim in... and it was. I am so disappointed with the quality of service. It was as if everything was being done to ensure the pool wasn't available! This was obviously a very busy night with a number of children staying at the hotel! Maintenance should have been done overnight. Again, we chose this hotel because of the pool and didn't even really get to use it! Very disappointing!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Krystle M
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Good day NYE201314:

First of all, thank you for your comments and feedback. I am disappointed to learn that your Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's experience wasn't positive and for that I do apologize.

We make every effort to all of our valued guests, in fact its a promise, that they are taken care of from the moment they arrive in our our lobby to the time of departure.

I have investigated the issue at hand, and indeed there was an equipment malfunction that took some time to repair which led to inconvenience unfortunately.
Our FIS team diligently worked to have the pool up and running in a timely manner; however, we could not open it prematurely as chemical levels have to be in line or it then becomes a safety issue. We always err on the side of caution.

Once again, my sincerest apologies. I do hope that you will consider FIS in the near future.

Regards,