I had originally been booked in Fairfield for four nights; I put up with the noise, lack of management and lack of basic facilities for one night.
My first impression was of a clean, modern hotel; my room was small but adequate, although the absence of a bath was not likely to be ideal.
Early in the first evening I became aware of noises from the floor above and from the corridor outside my room. This was hordes of unsupervised teenagers playing hide-and-seek, running and shouting around the hotel - all floors, lifts, stairs, corridors and alcoves. This continued until 11pm without, apparently, any attempt by the management to control them. When I told them in no uncertain terms that "this is a hotel, not a children's playground, and to pack it in" they seemed genuinely surprised!
Furthermore, this almost new hotel has no restaurant or bar facilities despite being out of town; it was not even possible to purchase a can of beer or wine to take to the room. Complimentary coffee (only) is provided between 5-8pm but the seating area was, again, taken over as a children's playground. Breakfast was effectively the same, with adults and children shouting and pushing across the area, even banging into my table. I have never, in 50 years of staying in hotels around the world, experienced such appalling rudeness and lack of consideration for other guests without the hotel management or staff intervening.
I checked out first thing on my first morning, to the Ramada across the road; the Ramada has full restaurant/bar facilities plus a complimentary airport shuttle service; although it is currently undergoing a degree of renovation, I would recommend the Ramada over Fairfield every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, gives you confidence that your business or leisure trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. Ideally located between the St. John's Airport and the downtown core, close to business parks, the University, and the province's largest shopping mall, we provide you with just what you need, so travel is easy and productive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Inn St. John`s Hotel St. John`s
- Travellers Hotel St Johns
- Travellers St Johns
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland Canada