“Fantastic Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for a total three nights during the month of November and again in April. The front desk staff are always friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms and other common areas are super clean. The breakfast is always plentiful with excellent choices. I use the fitness room on a regular basis at this hotel and I am never disappointed. I have recommended this hotel to friends and family and I look forward to my return visit in beautiful St. John's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Terri858:

You're a valued guest and that makes you our highest priority. Each member of my team has made a promise, signed it and displayed it in our lobby to prove how important you are to us! I'm delighted that we met your expectations on each of your three visits.

Thank you for the fine rating and valuable feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future so that we can, once again, prove to be your home away from home.

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised. Clean, modern hotel. This was a couples night out , there is no bar on site however, in a great location of town with plenty of places close by. Enjoyed a meal and comic show right next door at Yuk Yuks, no complaints , excellent meal, show and the distance to the location was perfect. Breakfast the next morning was above average- will recommend and plan on returning again in the near future !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sungirlNL
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear SungirlNL:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and rate Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

General Manager.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently spent a night at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleaniness of the rooms and how friendly the hotel staff was. I got settled in my room pretty fast and had the best nights sleep on the comfy bed. I will look no further than the Fairfield for my next hotel stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Chaine2014:

We are delighted that you took your valuable time to post a comment through Trip Advisor and provide us with an excellent rating! My team of professionals take pride in delivering exceptional guest service. We want to ensure that your stay is second to none in the city and everything is "just right!" It's the Fairfield Guarantee.

Thank you so much for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's as your "home away from home" and we welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during a quick stay to the rock. The hotel is pretty new so everything looks clean and well maintained.
Pool was broken at the time which was a disappointment.
Breakfast was small and simple with not much choice however was enough to get by on.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear PilotBoy 1985:

Thank you for the comments and rating. Taking your valuable time to post a comment on Trip Advisor is much appreciated. Glad you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's as your stop-over hotel of choice. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staying here with my husband right now. I am very picky with hotel rooms especially cleanliness and our room 529 satisfied our need. Just right amount of space with a good view of the mountains and signal hill can be seen from our bedroom window. We pick this hotel primarily because it is located near the mall and memorial university. Also they allowed us to do an early check in. My husband and I enjoyed our romantic interlude in the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Kat K:

I am so delighted and pleased that you were able to have a "relaxing and romantic" getaway at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's! We are most appreciative that you found time to provide my property with great comments and an overall 5 star rating, thank you so much.

It was a pleasure to have you as our valued guests and we wish you a pleasant day. Hope you are able to take advantage of a night away in the future and choose Fairfield as your romantic getaway once again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had originally been booked in Fairfield for four nights; I put up with the noise, lack of management and lack of basic facilities for one night.
My first impression was of a clean, modern hotel; my room was small but adequate, although the absence of a bath was not likely to be ideal.
Early in the first evening I became aware of noises from the floor above and from the corridor outside my room. This was hordes of unsupervised teenagers playing hide-and-seek, running and shouting around the hotel - all floors, lifts, stairs, corridors and alcoves. This continued until 11pm without, apparently, any attempt by the management to control them. When I told them in no uncertain terms that "this is a hotel, not a children's playground, and to pack it in" they seemed genuinely surprised!
Furthermore, this almost new hotel has no restaurant or bar facilities despite being out of town; it was not even possible to purchase a can of beer or wine to take to the room. Complimentary coffee (only) is provided between 5-8pm but the seating area was, again, taken over as a children's playground. Breakfast was effectively the same, with adults and children shouting and pushing across the area, even banging into my table. I have never, in 50 years of staying in hotels around the world, experienced such appalling rudeness and lack of consideration for other guests without the hotel management or staff intervening.
I checked out first thing on my first morning, to the Ramada across the road; the Ramada has full restaurant/bar facilities plus a complimentary airport shuttle service; although it is currently undergoing a degree of renovation, I would recommend the Ramada over Fairfield every time.

Room Tip: I would advise to book in the Ramada opposite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Neville C
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Neville C.

Thank you for your feedback; It is important to us as it allows us to become better. We pride ourselves on the comfort and security of our guests and strive to ensure that unacceptable levels of noise are kept to a minimim. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit and have used your feedback to review our policies and procedures for handling noise complaints in our hotel with our associates.
It is important to us that guests have an enjoyable breakfast experience. We are a focused service property which offers complimentary coffee during breakfast and again from 5-8pm daily with complimentary coffee and tea in each guestroom as per our brand standards. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel so that you may experience our genuine hospitality.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the week spent at the Fairfield Inn. Room and front desk staff were wonderful. Room itself was modern; the included fridge and microwave were welcome. The free breakfast was convenient and quite delicious. Conference facilities used for the week were great.

Would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Lawrence V.

My team and I are delighted with the feedback and rating you provided during your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's.
Thank you for referring to our property as a "Home away from Home" as this means a great deal to us. Our guest's comfort is our number one priority!
It was a pleasure to be of service to you and thank you for taking the time to comment on our property through Trip Advisor.

Hoping to see you on a return visit in the near future.

Best regards,