“Clean and convieniently close to the airport.”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in St. John's
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I can't say I had time to fully explore this hotel but in the short time I was there (overnight after a flight cancellation) I found it to be very clean and the staff super accommodating. My flight had been cancelled at midnight and I had to make arrangements quickly to get some sleep before a flight rescheduled for 9am. I was in my room 20min after leaving the airport! They also made sure to put me in a room away from a noisy Christmas party which I appreciated. The only negative I found was that the continental breakfast room had not been cleaned, or made ready for early risers. It was supposed to be open at 4am, I went in at 5:30am, and the room looked like it hadn't been touched since the previous day. The juice was warm, no coffee was made, dirty dishes were laying around. Not a huge deal as I had breakfast at the airport. I would stay again and probably will as I travel there often.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stay at this hotel quite often because of its proximity to the airport.
The rooms are very clean and the staff is amazing. We don't often eat at the restaurant but the food and service have been very good when we do eat there. Overall, a nice clean and convenient good nights sleep!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The room was clean but a little bit worn out. Service good but breakfast rather poor.
Prices are not cheap but everywhere in St John's and Newfoundland prices of rooms are much too high for the offered quality. It is very difficult to find a room under 150$ per night! Very close to the airport and TCH (Trans Canada Highway).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muesli_vl
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were impressed with the welcome we received on three separate stays, even when we arrived at 4 am and were offered breakfast. The rooms were functional, and we liked the separate washbasin and bath areas. The free and prompt airport transfers were a big help, just phone from the terminal, or ask at the front desk (walking, it's only 10 mins. away). The bar serves food up to midnight, really useful as the airport arrivals area is very limited after 9 pm. We also appreciated the great rate we received when we booked an extra night by phoning ahead.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rnathan
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed twice in September 2013 at the Comfort Inn Airport: One night at the beginning and two nights at the end of our 2-week trip to Newfoundland. In both cases, our room was very large and very clean. The hotel is really very close to the airport (5 minutes on foot!), although it can be quite hard to find at night, because it is hidden from the main road by rows of trees. They make everything convenient, especially for people with early morning flights: breakfast from 4 AM (although the breakfast room is pretty small and inconvenient), computer with printer to let you check in and print your boarding pass in advance. We will stay there again next time we visit Newfoundland. Oh, and did we say that Newfoundland was really beautiful?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacquesXP
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Everything at this hotel was awesome. It is very clean , the staff from the front desk to the kitchen staff and everyone in between are wonderful. Very helpful , polite friendly. Everyone makes you feel at home and welcome. The food in clancys is just devine. The manager Andrew is a person that needs to be at this hotel for a long time, and he should be very proud of his staff. Andrew makes it a point to talk to the guests.
We recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to st.johns. We have stayed here at least 5 times and never had a complaint, and I have no problem saying we will stay here again....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Candace W
Reviewed 17 September 2013

On a 2 week family vacation, we decided to stay in the airport comfort Inn as a matter of convenience seeing that we had to drive 4 hours to St Johns to catch our flights. Of the 2 week vacation this was the worst nights stay we had anywhere. The room we stayed in had damage to the door which looked like someone had tried to kick it in. The room was very dated and felt dirty. The room was uncomfortably hot and the air conditioner did not work. There was a door that lead to the outside parking lot that didn't open or close properly as though it was broken on its hinge. We arrived at 1230 am from our trip and checked in during a wedding reception which had drunk people wandering the halls blurting out obscenities in front of my 2 kids and at my wife. The front staff were accommodating in placing us far from the reception but the non existent hall signage made it nearly impossible to find our room through the labyrinth of halls stairs and corridors. After all four of us tossed and turned for 4 hours we finally gave up and checked out at 5am and drove home. Thanks for a terrible ending to an otherwise perfect vacation.

Staff were not receptive to my complaint and the manager has not addressed my complaint after 2 messages..

I do not recommend this hotel...Other than the cheaper parking rates than the airport, the convenience of is location and the airport shuttle this place has much to be improved.

• Stayed: September 2013